HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Great Job Avs

Old
04-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Aerolanche

vCash: 500
Great Job Avs

Thank you for all the entertainment this year, Avs.

Came up a bit short, but to last to game 81 of the season seemed almost impossible. I wouldn't bank on the Oilers helping out the Avalanche anyway.

Though obviously playoff hockey is the absolute best time of year, bar none, the Avs may actually benefit from missing the playoffs this season, especially because it was so close. I know it seems obvious, but now that this group has experienced what its like not to make it, games in October, November and December will seem more important, which is absolutely key. I think the team will come out alot more desparate next season, and I hope this momentum keeps up.

Looking forward to seeing a full season of Budaj next season, an even more mature (if that's possible) Stastny, a more developed Wolski, and hopefully the same up-beat, tight Avalanche squad as the past couple of months.

GO AVS GO!!! AVALANCHE FAN UNTIL I DIE!!!

http://www.aspechockey.com
Avalanche SPECulation, prospects and news.
Aerolanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:38 PM
jaisen73

Thanks for an entertaining season. Even before the stretch run there were very few games where this team was out of in the 3rd period and/or got blown out. They were always competitive, almost always fun to watch, and operating with some "cap handicaps" to boot. Nothing to be ashamed of. They are finishing with more points than some playoff teams in the East will have and way higher in the standings than most "experts" predicted.

jaisen73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:39 PM
Bam Beet*

Bam Beet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:41 PM
Osstrayan
#murderskate

Send a message via AIM to Osstrayan Send a message via MSN to Osstrayan
Aye, the finish to this season certainly has me looking forward to next year. The team showed a lot of heart, more than we've seen from some previous, more talented avs teams.

If I look at what I was expecting at the start of the year, with our roster makeup, the season played out about how I thought. I thought it would maybe take a little less time to gel, but thats the way it goes. Certainly a lot of positives, and some negatives too.

Osstrayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:42 PM
fogducker

congrats avs wish you luck next year!

fogducker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:44 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Great job down the stretch, the Avs forced the Flames to actually win games on the road to just have a shot.

Sakic is one hell of a classy guy, if there is one player that deserves to be in the playoffs this year, it's him.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:45 PM
hughdreamz

hughdreamz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Commander Enigma

Thanks for another entertaining season. The team just needs some upgrades on defense and they're a lock to return to the playoffs. Looking forward to the off season and the start of next year.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:23 PM
wingnut22

I don't really like the Avs all that much, but I have to say, you guys made one hell of a push, and made the last stretch of the regular season very exciting. Better luck next year.

wingnut22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Chileiceman

It was a great run, and I've never felt more of an Avalanche fan than now.
GO AVS GO!!!

Chileiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:25 PM
NHL33*

'Til next year. Go Avs! Go Budaj!

NHL33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Cocomero*

Avs will be back next year!

oh wait, i'm a canucks fan!!!

BOOOO

Well this teams shown what they're capable of doing. That was an incredible streak you guys put up...Beat those flames tommorow.

Good luck.

Cocomero* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:35 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy View Post
Thanks for another entertaining season. The team just needs some upgrades on defense and they're a lock to return to the playoffs. Looking forward to the off season and the start of next year.
Same here. I'll add, though, that they not only need the personnel upgrade on D, but they also need to carry over into next year the mindset of playing defensively responsible team hockey that we've seen for the last month and a half. I honestly don't know why it took 3/4 of the season to figure it out, but whatever they figured out needs to be a part of next year from day one.

ColoradoHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:42 PM
medwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
I wouldn't bank on the Oilers helping out the Avalanche anyway.
I enjoyed your post, but go figure...the oil pulled it out 3-2. *sigh* such is life.

medwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Aerolanche

Yeah, that definitely makes it feel worse, but...Calgary probably took their foot off the gas up 2-0 once they heard the score of the Avalanche game.

Aerolanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 12:01 AM
CaptainCrunch67

As a Flames fan, I wanted to pop in and wish you guys well for next season, I have to admit once I sat back and de-pressurized when the Flames clinched that I really admired what the Avs did over the last 16 games, it goes to show that Joe is probably the heir apparent for the best Captain in the league now that Stevie Y has hung them up, and he sure proved it especially over the last few months.

You guys had some tough injuries, and having Leopold available for so few games really hurt the Avs chances.

Great run, classy fans, good luck next year.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 12:17 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Avs forever.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 12:35 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
Yeah, that definitely makes it feel worse, but...Calgary probably took their foot off the gas up 2-0 once they heard the score of the Avalanche game.
No, I think it was 2-2 when I/they/everybody heard the Preds won. Calgary wasn't playing very well in the first period and half. Actually they down right kinda sucked.

I was cheering you guys tho' - the Avs would give the Wings a real threat.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Coug555

Thanks Av's for a fantastic finish and one that we will never forget. Even though we didn't make the playoffs officially, the past two months has been just as exciting as the playoffs. We as fans have a lot to look forward too next season.

Coug555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Kevin Feterik

Tough luck Avs fans.
HUGE props to your team for giving my Flames a run for their money.
I figured after the 4-0 road trip from the Flames it was over, but the Avs kept battling.
Next year will be a scary, scary year in the NW Division with only 1 team that won't challenge for the division title.
The Flames were up 2-0 when they announced that the playoff chase was over, and the Flames just stopped trying.
Enjoy the offseason, you are going to have a very good team next year, especially with a healthy Leo!

Kevin Feterik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 12:50 AM
SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
No, I think it was 2-2 when I/they/everybody heard the Preds won. Calgary wasn't playing very well in the first period and half. Actually they down right kinda sucked...
No, it was 2-0 when the Avs lost. The Oilers didn't score for another 10 minutes, according to post times on the Oilers board.

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 01:32 AM
OMGaudreau

Hey, dont hang your heads. Just an unbelievable performance out of your crew. You have much to be proud of. Did my Flames deserve it - no! But I hope you are all with us in taking down the Wings, we know how much you love them.

OMGaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 02:53 AM
jaems

Thanks for the season Avs.

I didn't expect the late season turnaround, and although I pretty much counted you guys out, a small part of me hoped that you would pull out a victory.

Nevertheless, I'm astounded by the way Wolski and Stastny turned out, how Sakic still remained clutch, and some of the great bang for the buck in Brunette and Arnason.

Looking forward to how next year turns out.

jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 02:54 AM
SopelFan*

Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
As a Canucks fan I never thought I'd say this but I was really pulling for you down the stretch. Sucks you won't be in the show. Much love. SopelFan.

SopelFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-08-2007, 03:28 AM
Hockeyfan009

I'm a Flames fan and I have to say I admire the Avalanche for what they did down the stretch it was great watching you guys and I really hoped that the Avs were one of the teams to get into the playoffs but obviously not at the expense of the Flames. Joe Sakic showed great leadership and the team played really well together I hope you guys can get better goaltending next season and I'm sure the Avalanche will not miss next seasons playoffs.

Hockeyfan009 is offline   Reply With Quote