HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who Will You Root For?

Old
04-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
I'm rooting for the Alaska Aces.
Sorry Exec. I am pullling for the Toledo Storm.

In the NHL - well, I am looking at Buffalo or Nashville. I am also hoping Pitts knocks out the ****ing butt monkeys of New Jersey and Calgary breaks Maltby's face. (I don't care if Calgary loses as long as Maltby is left a bloody mess).

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 06:59 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackmans Domain View Post
is it possible to root for Pronger, but against Brian Burke?
I like Brian Burke as well. I know he is a obnoxious Irishman, but I can relate to that as well. We have a lot in common there.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-09-2007, 10:06 PM
fan in oregon

I would like to see Pronger win it but, he probably wont. The teams I think will
be in stanley cup will be Dallas and Ottawa with Dallas winning then the league
can give Eric Lindros his place in history like they did with Ray Bourque and others.

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 05:25 AM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
I would like to see Pronger win it but, he probably wont. The teams I think will
be in stanley cup will be Dallas and Ottawa with Dallas winning then the league
can give Eric Lindros his place in history like they did with Ray Bourque and others.
Ray Borque toiled like a soldier for years on some pretty mediocre Beantown teams, when he was put in Colorado and had a supporting cast, he EARNED his place in history. Brian Bosworth, er, I mean Eric Lindros, has done absolutely nothing to warrant his name on the cup. There is a difference between famous and infamous. I like Dallas as a team, but I hope that The Dread retires Cup-less.

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
I just remembered... Mellanby should get a Cup

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 11:16 PM
fan in oregon

I think it would be perfect chance for the nhl to honor lindros just like the nba
did with bill walton when he finished his career with the celtics. I also think
Dallas has an advantage over other teams because players like Modano and Morrow
are healthy now. Not only that Turco wants to prove hes an elite goalie.

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-10-2007, 11:33 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Sabres and Ducks final.

Ducks win 4 games to 3.

Anaheim has Scott Niedermayer who has hoisted three Stanley Cups. There are several players from their Cup-losing team (just a couple years ago) that are still playing for the Ducks. And Pronger has Stanley-Cup-final-game-7 experience. Anaheim has experience and skill.

All of this potential should translate into a Cup victory.

Quack!
My pick for the finals also. Too bad the Ducks are going to lose in 7 to the Sabres.

Coincidentally, this has been my pick from day 1 of the season.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 09:48 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
My pick for the finals also. Too bad the Ducks are going to lose in 7 to the Sabres.

Coincidentally, this has been my pick from day 1 of the season.
I'd like to see Atlanta-Nashville in the finals as I stated previously but I think it will be Buffalo Anaheim as well...though I think Buffalo will have run out of gas by then and the Ducks will take them in 5.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:47 AM
execwrite

#2 Alaska vs. #7 Victoria(Series tied, 1-1)

Game 1: Victoria 3, Alaska 2
Game 2: Alaska 7, Victoria 1
Game 3: at Victoria - Thursday, 6:00 p.m.
Game 4: at Victoria - Friday, 6:00 p.m.
Game 5: at Victoria - Saturday, 6:00 p.m.
Game 6: at Alaska - April 16, 7:15 p.m. *
Game 7: at Alaska - April 17, 7:15 p.m. *

*If necessary (all times AT)

Also --

Earlier today, Matt Shasby officially received the Rbk Hockey Plus Performer of the Year award from the ECHL, an honor he had basically wrapped up last month, with a rating of +43. Shasby earned second-team all-ECHL honors and finished fourth in voting for the league's Defenseman of the Year by posting career-highs of 10 goals, 45 assists, and 55 points.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 12:21 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
I think it would be perfect chance for the nhl to honor lindros just like the nba
did with bill walton when he finished his career with the celtics. I also think
Dallas has an advantage over other teams because players like Modano and Morrow
are healthy now. Not only that Turco wants to prove hes an elite goalie.
Not trying to argue, but what has Lindros done that the NHL should honor him. To me he has acted like a spoiled brat going back to his days in Junior hockey.

He had a ton of potential but because of injuries he didnt reach it. This happens in sports.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 12:42 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp View Post
Not trying to argue, but what has Lindros done that the NHL should honor him. To me he has acted like a spoiled brat going back to his days in Junior hockey.

He had a ton of potential but because of injuries he didnt reach it. This happens in sports.
and in life they tend to call it karma. At least in some of the eastern spiritualities.

Old
04-11-2007, 02:11 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-carp View Post

Not a fan of Lindros either. However, while he did not live up to his FULL potential, he has managed to score 865 points in just 760 games played. Of course, by now he should be way over the 1000 game mark. But any player, no matter how much I may dislike him, has done a great job if they average well over 1 point per game.

But you're right, Carp. Lindros has been a total whiner and does not deserve offical honors.

ChicagoBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:50 PM
Checker*

Imagine my surprise when I found out that tonight a Nashville Predator was ejected for a knee on knee hit which resulted in a serious injury to Cheechoo. I can't imagine how shocked that I am that a Predator player would deliver a cheapshot. It boggles the mind. Here I thought that these scrappy bunch of underdogs played the game the right way to a man and deserve to be rewarded for their good behavior with a Stanley Cup to stick it to hockey traditionalists. Those same traditionalists who think that sucker-punches, knee-to-knee hits, and whatever the hell Tootoo's role on the team is don't belong in the game. Those same traditionalists who don't like the fact that fans in Nashville, who show their vast hockey knowledge by cheering for these actions, defending them, and shooting their mouths off in anticipation of winning their very first playoff series win, have a team. I'm sure this was an isolated incident and it will never EVER happen again.

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 07:12 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker View Post
Imagine my surprise when I found out that tonight a Nashville Predator was ejected for a knee on knee hit which resulted in a serious injury to Cheechoo. I can't imagine how shocked that I am that a Predator player would deliver a cheapshot.
Its pretty obvious you weren't watching the game or haven't seen the replay AND that your anti-Preds campaign is running full steam still. The hit wasn't cheap, Hartnell was going for a body check, Cheechoo twisted or turn out of the way and their knee's connected. Nobody in their right mind would consider it a cheap hit at all and unless you are jumping on the "eliminate hitting from the game" bandwagon you best get your facts straight before posting.

I'm not a Preds fan at all, but I was watching the game and I've seen cheapshots and that just wasn't one of them.

Old
04-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
Its pretty obvious you weren't watching the game or haven't seen the replay AND that your anti-Preds campaign is running full steam still. The hit wasn't cheap, Hartnell was going for a body check, Cheechoo twisted or turn out of the way and their knee's connected. Nobody in their right mind would consider it a cheap hit at all and unless you are jumping on the "eliminate hitting from the game" bandwagon you best get your facts straight before posting.

I'm not a Preds fan at all, but I was watching the game and I've seen cheapshots and that just wasn't one of them.
I've actually seen the replay a few times and I'm sticking to my guns. It was cheap. Could this be an anti-Pred bias showing through? Of course. I have "my facts straight". My opinion on the hit is different than yours. Deal with it.

It's just funny to me that if it were someone like Maltby that threw the hit, you and others around here would be yapping for suspensions because of the accepted anti-Wing sentiment arround here. That same harsh bias that lead to me being attacked because I dare root for a team I hate a tad more than the Wings to lose.

Old
04-12-2007, 02:07 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
I've actually seen the replay a few times and I'm sticking to my guns. It was cheap. Could this be an anti-Pred bias showing through? Of course. I have "my facts straight". My opinion on the hit is different than yours. Deal with it.
I am with Brox. NOT a dirty hit. I have seen the replay over and over and Hartnell's body language says he missed his body check. He lunged forward with his arms to hit Cheechoo and all Hartnell got was air (with his arms, that is).

Hartnell was leaning forward to hit Cheechoo and that is why his knee was sticking out. Usually when one leans forward, the knee naturally comes out to balance your weight. Cheechoo's right leg was just behind his torso and that is where the knees made contact. NOT a dirty hit.

Old
04-12-2007, 04:15 PM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:

It's just funny to me that if it were someone like Maltby that threw the hit, you and others around here would be yapping for suspensions because of the accepted anti-Wing sentiment arround here. That same harsh bias that lead to me being attacked because I dare root for a team I hate a tad more than the Wings to lose.
If Maltby or even my most hated player of all time, Todd Bertuzzi made that hit and it looked the same, I'd call it the same way.

I hate the Preds as much as the next Blues fan, I just don't believe it was a cheap hit, even with the still photos from the SCP thread.

Old
04-12-2007, 04:18 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

I don't have cable or satellite. I'm going to have to root for the Cardinals.

PerryTurnbullfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaphodBeeblebrox View Post
If Maltby or even my most hated player of all time, Todd Bertuzzi made that hit and it looked the same, I'd call it the same way.

I hate the Preds as much as the next Blues fan, I just don't believe it was a cheap hit, even with the still photos from the SCP thread.
I've looked at it from all the angles available, and it looks to me at best unnecessary and late. At worst, kind of malicious. Bottom line is if a player did that to a Blue in the playoffs, we'd be just as pissed off as Shark fans are. I do not think though that a suspension is necessary. The refs got the call right and handled the situation appropriately. By the way, Hartnell just managed to get himself kicked out of his 2nd game of his past 3 played. In the Blues game, apparently he got kicked out for a gesture made at the Blues bench. Unless he was telling us that we are his "number 1 priority" in free agency, I wouldn't look for the Blues to sign him as a free agent.

Old
04-12-2007, 05:30 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
it looks to me at best unnecessary and late. In the Blues game, apparently he got kicked out for a gesture made at the Blues bench. Unless he was telling us that we are his "number 1 priority" in free agency, I wouldn't look for the Blues to sign him as a free agent.
Definitely unnecessary and too late getting there. Or else Cheechoo would be skating right now.

I remember Derian Hatcher giving hell to the Red Wings and then he joined them. Most players are loyal to their current club only. If JD makes Hartnell a good offer, he will become a fan favorite by flipping off the Predators next season.

Old
04-12-2007, 05:48 PM
StLooFrenchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Definitely unnecessary and too late getting there. Or else Cheechoo would be skating right now.

I remember Derian Hatcher giving hell to the Red Wings and then he joined them. Most players are loyal to their current club only. If JD makes Hartnell a good offer, he will become a fan favorite by flipping off the Predators next season.
One balls on acurate assessment!

StLooFrenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 07:50 PM
execwrite

We're rooting against Atlanta, right?

Lehtonen is killing them tonite. Rangers up 4-2 going into the third period.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
It's not just Atlanta we're rooting against. If Atlanta goes out round 1 but the conference finals are full of four division winners, Atlanta still picks 25th.

They slot the 27th thru 30th based on the Stanley Cup Final Four. Then they start slotting division winners that didn't make the final four, then they start slotting everyone else. So, if all the division winners lose early, 27-30 get filled up, then they start with Buffalo at 26, Detroit at 25, Anaheim at 24 and so forth. But if those teams get through to the conference finals, you can see that it doesn't really help our positioning.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 11:11 AM
CuSa_1

Safe bet... root for the lower seeded team.

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 11:50 AM
GoBlues39

I gotta root for the Wild now, all except for Demo. I'm not a big fan of his post season play. But as long as there is good hockey to watch for the next few weeks I'm happy. I would love for Detroit and Nashville to choke out of the first round. Also would like to see Mellanby win the cup but I'm not a big fan of Atlanta. Hopefully KT resigns there if they do well.

On a side note I hate that the Cardinals are brought up. As a hockey fan living in St. Louis is impossible to escape the Cardinals. I wish them well, but I really hate hearing nothing but baseball constantly in Stl. I guess even the Blues forums aren't even safe. Nothing agianst whoever brought it up though, you're a fan I respect it. Sorry for my aside, carry on.

Let's Go Blues!! (Next season)

GoBlues39 is offline   Reply With Quote