HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jarred Smithson sent down...why?

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Bob A Booey

vCash: 500
Jarred Smithson sent down...why?

ESPN.com transactions just said that he was assigned back to Manchester....anyone know why?

Old
12-17-2003, 04:36 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway
ESPN.com transactions just said that he was assigned back to Manchester....anyone know why?
Needed a little more speed and scoring and Smithson's ice time was dwindling down a bit. Plus the Kings wanted to take a look at Local Boy Makes good Noah Clarke who was doing a terrific job in his first year at Manchester.

Old
12-17-2003, 07:14 PM
punchy1

Right you are face. Noah looked like he were a fit last night and I too would want to see what he was capable of and if it meant that Smithson, a journeyman type of player goes back to wait another phone call than good enough.

Old
12-17-2003, 07:25 PM
Fro the Love

Send a message via AIM to Fro the Love
Maybe a better thread would have been:

"How great is is that we can send Smithson down because of the other emerging talent."

Old
12-17-2003, 09:03 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Maybe a better answer would have had to do with the concept that if he remained on the roster for 2 more games he would not be able to be sent down without clearing waivers... (not that I can see 29 NHL teams salivating over the prospect of being able to add The Baby Faced Assassin to their rosters)...

Old
12-18-2003, 03:49 AM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion
Maybe a better answer would have had to do with the concept that if he remained on the roster for 2 more games he would not be able to be sent down without clearing waivers... (not that I can see 29 NHL teams salivating over the prospect of being able to add The Baby Faced Assassin to their rosters)...
That actually makes sense too, and the fact is Jerred Smithson is a hard worker in the AM mold. I disagree with you on the other 29 teams... I think Smithson would have gotten a bite. He makes very little, is still relatively young and works very hard. I can actually think of 29 other teams that would love to have about 5 or 10 Jerred Smithson's in their system.

Old
12-18-2003, 04:03 AM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash
That actually makes sense too, and the fact is Jerred Smithson is a hard worker in the AM mold. I disagree with you on the other 29 teams... I think Smithson would have gotten a bite. He makes very little, is still relatively young and works very hard. I can actually think of 29 other teams that would love to have about 5 or 10 Jerred Smithson's in their system.
Whereas Smithson was not on the "protected" or available lists, I question the notion that Smithson is subject to waivers at all this season. John Tripp however is subject to the 10-game and/or 30-day provision of the CBA section governing waivers.

Los Angeles Kings:

Protected:
Jason Allison, F; Derek Armstrong, F; Eric Belanger, F; Brad Chartrand, F; Adam Deadmarsh, F; Jason Holland, D; Trent Klatt, F; Maxim Kuznetsov, D; Ian Laperriere, F; Aaron Miller, D; Jaroslav Modry, D; Bryan Muir, D; Mattias Norstrom, D; Brad Norton, D; Zigmund Palffy, F; Luc Robitaille, F; Jozef Stumpel, F; Lubomir Visnovsky, D; Roman Cechmanek, G; Cristobal Huet, G.

Available:
Steve Kelly, F; Jan Nemecek, D; Pavel Rosa, F; Joe Rullier, D; Chris Schmidt, F; Richard Seeley, D; Jon Sim, F; John Tripp, F; Milan Hnilicka, G.

However, I agree that it's unlikely that Smithson would clear waivers if subject to them. What will be interesting is what they do with Tripp. Like Smithson, he too might be claimed off waivers and his 30-day clock has about 10-days left as he was recalled on the 28th of Nov. I'll check how many games he's played and edit.

Edit: Tripp has appeared in 8-games since his call-up. You may recall that he missed the Nov. 29th game due to flu like symptoms. So, the window for Tripp moving back to Manchester without having to clear waivers is closing.

Last edited by King Blazer: 12-18-2003 at 04:42 AM.
Closed Thread