HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Help Wanted - goaltender - ALL PANTHER GOALIE SPECULATION HERE

Closed Thread

Old
04-11-2007, 02:56 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardust View Post
And if he loses the backup job where do you send him with his 1.475 Million dollar salary?

JM will make the decision before June 30th if he wants him in Florida next year or not. Yes or No.

I agree with PanthersHockey. Give him one more chance.
the minors, no cap hit

Old
04-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGP View Post
the minors, no cap hit
Meaning he would be picked up off waivers.

Old
04-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Clint

Send a message via AIM to Clint
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaGM View Post
You're telling me [insert Panther goalie here] is going to get you to the post season next year when he couldn't this year?

I smell a theme brewing...

Old
04-11-2007, 04:12 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post
How about Stewart and Van Ryn for Montoya?
I'd have to seriously consider that. I'd rather have a pick than Van Ryn. But that's a very interesting offer.

04-11-2007, 04:38 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'd have to seriously consider that. I'd rather have a pick than Van Ryn. But that's a very interesting offer.
That works for us, I'd rather keep Van Ryn.

04-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
That works for us, I'd rather keep Van Ryn.
I'd give up a 2nd round pick, but I really don't want to give up our 1st. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th or something?

Old
04-11-2007, 05:04 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
I'd give up a 2nd round pick, but I really don't want to give up our 1st. Maybe a 2nd and a 4th or something?
Agreed. Stewart and a 2nd if that works. I saw one site saying we could get Esposito, I think he'd be a great pickup. Hawks are likely to take Kane with the 1st, can't see them not taking him.

Old
04-11-2007, 09:41 PM
ROlesz85

What about Craig Anderson? I can't watch any of the Panthers games because I don't live in Florida and I don't have Center Ice so I am not able to see him play. Could he be in the running for a job as the back-up?

Old
04-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROlesz85 View Post
What about Craig Anderson? I can't watch any of the Panthers games because I don't live in Florida and I don't have Center Ice so I am not able to see him play. Could he be in the running for a job as the back-up?
I honestly don't see the Panthers bringing him back unless they deem Shantz needs another year in the ECHL.

Old
04-12-2007, 04:24 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Meaning he would be picked up off waivers.
If thats how it played out, hopefully... it would end up being the same as non tendering.

Old
04-12-2007, 04:25 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
I honestly don't see the Panthers bringing him back unless they deem Shantz needs another year in the ECHL.
Shantz needs to be the AHL next year, because I think Plante will be moved to the ECHL spot (unless they let him stay at Brandon as an overager).

Old
04-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

I didn't know Anderson was an UFA, but I don't see why not to bring him back. He was solid when he played, understood his role clearly and was willing to fill it, and it sounds like he likes it here. To me that earns him another year. Shantz, Plante, etc. all should stay down until there's a more clearcut position for them here. They'll get more games in net if they stay down.

Old
04-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Shantz needs to be the AHL next year, because I think Plante will be moved to the ECHL spot (unless they let him stay at Brandon as an overager).
Exactly. That's why I don't see us bringing Anderson back.

Old
04-12-2007, 06:26 PM
Maggle Cole
VINTAGE WWE APP

Trade for Manny Fernandez, we need a goalie and spanish people love Florida. Probally can get him for cheap too, i'd imagine he wants out after getting benched for Backstrom. And they've got to try to re-sign UFA Backstrom.

Old
04-12-2007, 06:40 PM
angry_treefrog
#CatsAreComing

Martin's decision regarding the goaltending position this offseason will define the 2007-8 season and his legacy in South Florida.

I'd hate to say this, but after the South Beach incident I don't see the team resigning Belfour. If I were in charge? Tough choice. Eddie is a warrior BUT he's in his 40s, has recent back issues and some issues with fermented fruits and grains. I would hate to see him leave. I would hate to pin our playoff hopes on him. I would really hate pinning our hopes on a Belfour/Auld combo again.

IMO, the team keeps Auld & obtains a new #1 via UFA or trade.

There is simply no room for Anderson.

Old
04-12-2007, 07:17 PM
pantherbot

This is a tough situation to solve. I really liked Belfour's performance and he really is a warrior on the ice, nothing else describes him and Auld, I feel like he's got some better hockey to show us.

No one's mentioned this yet but could we sign Auld to a lower amount?

I would be most comfortable with signing or trading for a top-notch goalie and would probably like to bring in Belfour or Auld though I'm not sure how either of them would feel only playing 10-20 games for the season.

Old
04-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
This is a tough situation to solve. I really liked Belfour's performance and he really is a warrior on the ice, nothing else describes him and Auld, I feel like he's got some better hockey to show us.

No one's mentioned this yet but could we sign Auld to a lower amount?

I would be most comfortable with signing or trading for a top-notch goalie and would probably like to bring in Belfour or Auld though I'm not sure how either of them would feel only playing 10-20 games for the season.
You have to give an RFA a 10% pay raise I believe it is.

Old
04-12-2007, 07:43 PM
pantherbot

but with Auld's performance last season, it might be reasonable to not offer him the 10% and sign him to a lower amount. If he says no, it's not like he's getting a lot of love here anyways.

Old
04-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantherbot View Post
but with Auld's performance last season, it might be reasonable to not offer him the 10% and sign him to a lower amount. If he says no, it's not like he's getting a lot of love here anyways.
But the rules of the CBA dictate that an RFA must receive a 10% pay increase. I'm 99% sure of this.

Old
04-12-2007, 09:44 PM
catfan927

Send a message via AIM to catfan927
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterBouw View Post
But the rules of the CBA dictate that an RFA must receive a 10% pay increase. I'm 99% sure of this.
I do not think so, Not anymore. Qualifying only need to be the same as the last contract. That gives us the right to match any other offer given to an RFA. It does not mean he has to accept the same rate, as another deal can be made.

Old
04-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Dread Clawz
LAWSonic Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfan927 View Post
I do not think so, Not anymore. Qualifying only need to be the same as the last contract. That gives us the right to match any other offer given to an RFA. It does not mean he has to accept the same rate, as another deal can be made.
Can anyone confirm this? Is there a mandatory 10% raise or not?

Old
04-12-2007, 11:06 PM
RCGP
Go Panthers

the 10% raise is for QO if the player is making under a certain amount if i'm not mistaken. Florida could potentially re-sign Auld before the QO deadline for less I think. I'm not 100% sure yet and would like to get some confirmation on this though.

Old
04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Any interest in Chris Mason from Nashville? He has one year left on his contract at a reasonable rate and has shown the past two seasons that he can be a No. 1 goalie in this league and had a pretty good playoff series last year vs. San Jose.

Mason has been at the top of the league in SV% for most of this season and has a very good GAA.

I think he will never be a franchise goalie, but then again...how many of those are there? Mason is a solid 1A goalie IMO and could be very good paired with a guy like Auld with a 50 or 55 game split. But I would be confident with Mason starting 60/65 games a season.

Any interest?

Old
04-13-2007, 01:58 AM
PanthersRule96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Any interest in Chris Mason from Nashville? He has one year left on his contract at a reasonable rate and has shown the past two seasons that he can be a No. 1 goalie in this league and had a pretty good playoff series last year vs. San Jose.

Mason has been at the top of the league in SV% for most of this season and has a very good GAA.

I think he will never be a franchise goalie, but then again...how many of those are there? Mason is a solid 1A goalie IMO and could be very good paired with a guy like Auld with a 50 or 55 game split. But I would be confident with Mason starting 60/65 games a season.

Any interest?
Yes, I'd consider it for sure.

Old
04-13-2007, 06:20 AM
CoolburnIsGone

Quote:
the 10% raise is for QO if the player is making under a certain amount if i'm not mistaken. Florida could potentially re-sign Auld before the QO deadline for less I think. I'm not 100% sure yet and would like to get some confirmation on this though.
This is pretty close. The CBA, since I have a copy of it, states that if a player is making less than $660,000 as a RFA, then they must be qualified with a 10% raise. If a player is making between $660,000 and $1,000,000, then they only need to be offered a 5% raise. Anything over $1 million and its just matching the previous season's salary to qualify. You'd have to qualify Auld at his current salary which is $1.475 million to retain him. That doesn't mean you can't negotiate for less and he'll accept it (though quite unlikely).

Closed Thread