HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CASE CLOSED: Judgement Pending!

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 03:14 PM
OYLer

vCash: 500
CASE CLOSED: Judgement Pending!

As Feedback to Joanne Ireland's article titled Comrie case closes today's chosen Sound Off! piece I submitted the following:
The truth will out ... and what did it say? "I was young, made mistakes, and we failed to communicate!" Was hiring a rich agent money wasted? We think not. The odor surrounding this greedy grab for more greenbacks by Mikey, can I have my contract and ego-it too, smells like a fat rat deserting a shipwreck awash on a jagged CBA reef. The NHL in E-Town could be KO'd without change. Pocketing his 10 mil U$, Comrie is now free to go out and make his best deal with the devil but then MC must sleep in that bed of his own making.
Merry Xmas Mikey and have nice New Year but remember the price paid usually ends up being the cost collected. Here you were valued; there your value will be waited on! There you have another new start; here you could have polished your finish! Some choose to cash-in; some choose to cash-out; you chose to do both. While the initial payback looks good, the race for value has just begun. Step lively and invest wisely because future big paydays will need to be earned!
What are your opinions of how Comrie will fare now that he will have no where else to run when the going gets tough?

Last edited by OYLer: 12-17-2003 at 09:19 PM.
Old
12-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Bohologo

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
What are your opinions of how Comrie will fare now that he will have no where else to run when the going gets tough?
Clarke & Hitch aside, let's not forget that Philadelphia fans are noted for having booed Santa Claus.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:17 PM
OYLer

Hey Freddie got your Comrie calls ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
Clarke & Hitch aside, let's not forget that Philadelphia fans are noted for having booed Santa Claus.
How Mr. Young, Restless, and Sensitive will fit in with the rest of the Broadstreet Bullies should be interesting to watch? The Flyers' fan base can quickly get pretty ugly and are base-Ic-ally intolerant of whiners and slackers. Philly fans might give him all of 5 games before he becomes a target.

Last edited by OYLer: 12-17-2003 at 09:21 PM.
Old
12-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohologo
Philidelphia boo'd Jesus once.
They boo their own Grandmas in Philly.

Old
12-18-2003, 05:19 AM
gpearson1968

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Philidelphia boo'd Jesus once.
They boo their own Grandmas in Philly.

I have a few good friends in Philly, and the unofficial city motto is :

"HEY, is that my car ?! ", coupled with a finger pointing to a moving car.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Closed Thread