HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else think...

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 04:32 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Anyone else think...

that this team is primed for a whooping Thursday night?

12-16-2003, 04:47 AM
Fletch

Nah...

they're going to play hard. It'll be weird to see.

Old
12-16-2003, 04:51 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Very much so. Not only is there some revenge in mind, but the Isles were playing some pretty good hockey last week. Hopefully, we'll get Lil Ricky. Looking at the Isles schedule, I think we will.

Old
12-16-2003, 04:58 AM
JR#9*

I agree with Fletch, I think it's the Blueshirts that come out and lay a pounding on the Isles.

They have to play hard and exploit their size advantage vs a smaller team.It will be a more physical match then the one on the Island and hopefully somebody lines up Peca for a nice open ice hit and send him off the ice the way he was trying to do to everybody else last game.

Of coarse the shoulder to the face or knee on knee hit will be purely accidental and should fall under the term "clean hit" just as Peca's always do but the bottom line is they have to show a guy Like Peca that what comes around goes around and if your going to run around looking to take somebody up you had better keep your head up.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:11 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
that this team is primed for a whooping Thursday night?
Yeah, i'm with you. When was the last time this team won a big matchup around this time of year. I think these guys are too worried about their Holiday plans than whats going on at the rink.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:17 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Of coarse the shoulder to the face or knee on knee hit will be purely accidental and should fall under the term "clean hit" just as Peca's always do but the bottom line is they have to show a guy Like Peca that what comes around goes around and if your going to run around looking to take somebody up you had better keep your head up.

While I agree whole heartedly with you JR, do you honestly believe this is what will happen? I can't remember the last time a Ranger went after someone like that in not only the same game but a game after the fact of the matter?

I honestly can't remember one. Hell I'm still waiting for leetch or messier to take a stick to Johnson's head for what he did to Beuk.

I'm not sure what the outcome of this game is going to be, I don't think we'll see a mediocre Rags team come out, they're either going to come out like the two of you have said and lay on a whooping, but there's a part of me that says they'll come out play a good first and let down in the second and be done after the 2nd period is over.

Why o why can't this team have an owner that knows what's going on in the grand scheme of things?

Old
12-16-2003, 05:33 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Wouldn't it also have made sense to have called Tyutin up for one of these games while Bobo is suspended?

Old
12-16-2003, 05:36 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Wouldn't it also have made sense to have called Tyutin up for one of these games while Bobo is suspended?
Of course that's why it didn't happen. Want to know what slats will do in a particular situation? Take the most logical thing you can think of, and then take the polar opposite of it and blam probably about 85% of the time you'll find that it works.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:58 AM
Larry Melnyk

Does it really matter? If they swamp the Islanders, they might win one other game then lose a bunch more.....If they lose to the Islanders (which I think they will be the case), these bunch of lazy, heartless scvmbags will come up with a few good efforts to win a few games they shouldn't..

Bottom line is that this bunch of ineptly-coached, incompetently-lead, inconsistent failures will do everything in their power to ensure that this team is in range of the 8th PO spot, that the Great Glen Sather remains, and that, ultimately, they will finish out of the POs and probably picking around 10-13th....

Old
12-16-2003, 06:27 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Does it really matter? If they swamp the Islanders, they might win one other game then lose a bunch more.....If they lose to the Islanders (which I think they will be the case), these bunch of lazy, heartless scvmbags will come up with a few good efforts to win a few games they shouldn't..

Bottom line is that this bunch of ineptly-coached, incompetently-lead, inconsistent failures will do everything in their power to ensure that this team is in range of the 8th PO spot, that the Great Glen Sather remains, and that, ultimately, they will finish out of the POs and probably picking around 10-13th....

I'm saying that it matters. I just see this team going out and getting clobbered on Thursday.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:49 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
I'm saying that it matters. I just see this team going out and getting clobbered on Thursday.
I know, I feel the same way...Another shoot the messenger type thang...My post wasn't really directed at you, just expressing how sick of this team I am...

Before the weekend, I was indeed hoping for two big time losses against Buffalo and Toronto so that MAYBE there would be some changes but I knew that what would happen would be a split and the same old same old....

I see no hope for the season (never have) and the only thing I want to happen is for Sather and many of the players to be gone (there ma be 2 or 3 i want to keep)...Logic says that a heap full of losses will do that...But logic doesn't apply to the Rangers or James Dolan..

Old
12-16-2003, 07:00 AM
Barnaby

I just wanna see someone run Mike Peca.... Is that so wrong?

Get Richard Scott ready.... just keep him away from Cairns.

Old
12-16-2003, 09:58 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
While I agree whole heartedly with you JR, do you honestly believe this is what will happen? I can't remember the last time a Ranger went after someone like that in not only the same game but a game after the fact of the matter?

I honestly can't remember one. Hell I'm still waiting for leetch or messier to take a stick to Johnson's head for what he did to Beuk.
I guess you missed the first time the LA Kings came into the Garden the season after Beukeboom got hit. Langdon challenged Johnson and gave him a pretty good beating face to face. Unlike what that coward did.

And why call for Tyutin--who's cooled off considerably--when we have two capable defensemen sitting around while the defense costs us goals and games regularly? Bouchard has certainly proven that he's more than capable of filling in. I would prefer him in the lineup over Maladog on a regular basis.

Old
12-16-2003, 10:01 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby
I just wanna see someone run Mike Peca.... Is that so wrong?

Get Richard Scott ready.... just keep him away from Cairns.
Scott is recovering from a concussion. Rushing him back in the lineup for a little payback could be risking his career. In any case, we have a "real" heavy-weight in Chris Simon. Let him go out and hit Peca until he's black and blue. That's Simon's job anyway.

Old
12-16-2003, 10:13 AM
Edge

i really wanna see simon and cairns go at it personally.

Old
12-16-2003, 05:09 PM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Primed

to rip the rags a new one on thursday. The team is flying pretty high after their win over the devils tonite. Coming back from 2-0 down on Marty is a big deal. I dont think that will a good idea fro the rags to go after Peca and get thrown off their game. We shall see what happens. As for Simon haha....He can have either Cairns or Godard I am sure they will both be willing.

Old
12-16-2003, 06:35 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
to rip the rags a new one on thursday. The team is flying pretty high after their win over the devils tonite. Coming back from 2-0 down on Marty is a big deal. I dont think that will a good idea fro the rags to go after Peca and get thrown off their game. We shall see what happens. As for Simon haha....He can have either Cairns or Godard I am sure they will both be willing.
we shall see! just remember, simon isn't a punk who will glare at you when mad! he'll punch your lights out!

Old
12-16-2003, 08:54 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
we shall see! just remember, simon isn't a punk who will glare at you when mad! he'll punch your lights out!

I would like to see tough guy Garth Murray or John Jakopin called up for toughness. I hope Purinton plays.

Old
12-17-2003, 03:17 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12
I don't see last nights impressive win against the Devs having any affect on the game tomorrow night actually. The Isles, like the Rangers, have not demonstrated enough to make me think that they have turned the corner.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:00 AM
kazo

Actually, Simon is almost becoming too valuable to risk getting tossed with a game misconduct early in the game. Which is exactly what the 4 blind mice will do in order to keep the game "under control." With Godard and Cairns in the lineup, Purinton needs to be dressed and so should have MacDonald, at least for this game.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:51 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
I don't see last nights impressive win against the Devs having any affect on the game tomorrow night actually. The Isles, like the Rangers, have not demonstrated enough to make me think that they have turned the corner.
Isles have won 4 of 5, the only loss was an OTL against the Devs. I watched last night and the Stix weren't great, but mounted a number of comebacks and showed a commitment to winning not seen by the Rangers this season. When was the last tim we beat someone on a hot streak?

Old
12-17-2003, 04:59 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
I guess you missed the first time the LA Kings came into the Garden the season after Beukeboom got hit. Langdon challenged Johnson and gave him a pretty good beating face to face. Unlike what that coward did.
Johnson is still playing in the NHL and probably didn't lose too much sleep over a fight. That's not a payback. Payback would have been to intentionally fire a puck at his face, punch him in the back of the head, or put him out of the lineup for at least a few games.

Payback is what Hatcher did to Roenick a few years back when he shattered his jaw. Messages need to be sent. A fight doesn't qualify in my book. An eye for an eye, a career ending injury for a career ending injury.

Old
12-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Islanders4Cups

I expect this to be a tough, hard fought game. The Islanders appear to have righted the ship since their 4-2 defeat to the Rangers earlier in the season. You can point to this game as the turning point to ending their 7 game losing streak. Since then the Isles are 4-0-0-1 and have outscore their opponents 20-8.

I can see everyone is anticipating retaliation to an unfortunate collision between Lundmark and Peca last game. Even JD who I think everyone here respects defended Peca on this occasion.

A key to the game is for the Islanders to stay out of the box and try and contain Brian Leetch who has literally beaten them single handedly lately. Going back to last year, in his last 4 games, Leetch 5 goals and the Islanders are 1-3-2 vs. the Rangers.

I see this as close game for sole possession of 3rd place in the division.

Old
12-17-2003, 06:41 AM
LiquidClown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders4Cups

I can see everyone is anticipating retaliation to an unfortunate collision between Lundmark and Peca last game. Even JD who I think everyone here respects defended Peca on this occasion.
Not all of us. I don't think it was intentional and I defended Peca (to an extent) after the game. As far as retaliation goes on Peca, I'd love to see him get laid out on a good open ice check yeah but he's not a guy I want to see injured. (Tucker, Marchment, Johnson on the other hand is another story)

Old
12-17-2003, 10:24 AM
ihatenewjersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
Not all of us. I don't think it was intentional and I defended Peca (to an extent) after the game. As far as retaliation goes on Peca, I'd love to see him get laid out on a good open ice check yeah but he's not a guy I want to see injured. (Tucker, Marchment, Johnson on the other hand is another story)
i would be shocked if holik doesn't make a run for him, with a monster hit

Closed Thread