HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

CAR-SJ, CHI-PHI proposals...

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 12:55 PM
AvsGuy

vCash: 500
CAR-SJ, CHI-PHI proposals...

TO CAROLINA:

Evgeni Nabokov, Niko Dimitrakos

TO SAN JOSE:

Jeff O'Neill, Kevin Weekes

-------------------

TO PHILIDELPHIA:

Jocelyn Thibault, Ville Niemenen, 5th rounder

TO CHICAGO:

Keith Primeau, Robert Esche

Old
12-16-2003, 12:57 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
TO PHILIDELPHIA:

TO CHICAGO:

Be glad that hawk fans dont typically flame people, because youd get roasted

Old
12-16-2003, 12:58 PM
Hawkalyzer

Quote:

TO PHILIDELPHIA:

TO CHICAGO:

so we trade one of our better fowards(sad, yet true), one of the best goalies in the league(call me a homer, but IMHO he is) and a 5th

for another young goalie and a high priced center?
Hawks Decline

Old
12-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
TO PHILIDELPHIA:

TO CHICAGO:

Philadelphia wouldn't do it because they are very high on Esche. And Esche has done nothing to warrant being traded, he has been the best goalie on the team. Not to mention Thibault isn't the answer, and he's injured.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Patty Ice
Best in the World

Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
TO CAROLINA:

TO SAN JOSE:

Done n done...
I've wanted O'Neill in teal for a long time.

12-16-2003, 10:37 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:
TO CAROLINA:

TO SAN JOSE:

I do this if Im San Jose and feel comfortable with a Weekes-Toskala duo (which I would be).

Old
12-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Both are fair deals IMO and work well for both clubs.

I dont think the league realizes that Mr. T-bo was an all star last year, and that his team went winless in what, 14 games after he went down with an injury.

I've said it before, and i will say it again, Toskala is a #1 goalie. He is doing great right now, and should be the starter. Good deal.

Old
12-16-2003, 10:51 PM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Fair deal?

Chicago is way far from fair.

1) Chicago can't take on Primeau's salary and WON'T. They don't want anymore overpriced forwards coming in. They need defensemen!

2) Esche for Thibault? A guy that until this year was struggling as a backup for a guy that is a pretty good starter, albet a bit injured probably due more to the situation than the player.

3) Nieminen is pretty young still, 26 is young for a forward. He could still turn the corner, but it could be far fetched that he will.

Still I don't like this deal at all for Chicago...Going with an Esche/Anderson/Leighton tandem could really sink their ship fast.

Old
12-17-2003, 03:18 AM
Plan 9

Quote:
TO CAROLINA:

TO SAN JOSE:

From a Hurricanes fan, a resounding hell no.

Old
12-17-2003, 03:40 AM
The Kitner Boy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavel datsyuk
Both are fair deals IMO and work well for both clubs.
Please explain how moving Weeks at this point helps Carolina.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:04 AM
McDonald19
Hampus

No way Carolina makes that trade. San Jose would be very happy with it though.

Old
12-17-2003, 06:50 PM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. X
Please explain how moving Weeks at this point helps Carolina.
it's not so much moving Weekes as it is acquiring Nabokov. Carolina is looking towards the future, and Nabby will be good for a while yet.

if Jeff O'Neill starts to turn up the good and turn down the suck, this deal wouldn't happen. For now, the Canes would be smart to trade him while the getting is still somewhat good...

Old
12-17-2003, 07:01 PM
ATG

[QUOTE=AvsGuy]TO CAROLINA:

TO SAN JOSE:

QUOTE]

As a Sharks fan i would say done deal
As a Carolina fan i would slap you in the face with my glove and challenge u to a duel hehe

Old
12-18-2003, 05:34 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo's house
As a Sharks fan i would say done deal
As a Carolina fan i would slap you in the face with my glove and challenge u to a duel hehe
well, for some reason, the slapping part i can envision quite clearly. anyone want to explain why this isn't a fair proposal? no one seems to like it, but they won't bother to explain why...

Old
12-18-2003, 06:02 AM
Oiltalk

Quote:
well, for some reason, the slapping part i can envision quite clearly. anyone want to explain why this isn't a fair proposal? no one seems to like it, but they won't bother to explain why...
Weekes is one of the top goaltenders this season and for the last few seasons despite playing on a very weak team. Look at his stats. Right now he is better than Nabokov. O'Neill is the only impact player on Carolina's current team.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:15 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
Quote:
Here is my breakdown on how the deal shakes out:

Nabokov > Weekes
Dimitrakos <<< O'Neill

The differance between Nabokov and Weekes, all things considered, is pretty marginal. Kevin has been effective in nets for us ever since he came over in the deal from Tampa. Nabokov missed a pretty good amount of camp and preseason and such with contract disputes if I remember correctly. What I think Weekes lacks in skill compared to Nabokov, which I think isn't all that significant, he makes up in reliability and having no issues coming up with a contract last offseason. Weekes is the goalie of the future for the Hurricanes and now that Laviolette is in town, we should see him getting a little more run support when it comes to the gems that he has been known to post and either lose or tie. Even if this deal was Weekes and a 3rd for Nabokov, i'd still respectfully decline. It's a lateral move at best by trading a goaltender that has been hot for us for a goaltender who we haven't even seen very much of due to the fact that he plays across the conference.

Now. Here is where the major beef of the deal is. With all due respect to Dimitrakos, who I haven't even really heard of before I saw this proposal, he's not worth Jeff O'Neill straight up. He could be a wonderful guy and all, great at parties and everything, but Jeff O'Neill is a fairly consistant 60+ point player. Dimitrakos is little more than a decent prospect. Jeff has scored 25+ goals for the past 4 years, can Dimitrakos match those numbers with similar? I'm honestly doubting it. When you're a boring trap team like Carolina has been for the past few years, you don't trade your only valuable scorer for a question mark. It simply doesn't happen.

So there, thats my take.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:38 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniacforever
Here is my breakdown on how the deal shakes out:

Nabokov > Weekes
Dimitrakos <<< O'Neill

The differance between Nabokov and Weekes, all things considered, is pretty marginal. Kevin has been effective in nets for us ever since he came over in the deal from Tampa. Nabokov missed a pretty good amount of camp and preseason and such with contract disputes if I remember correctly. What I think Weekes lacks in skill compared to Nabokov, which I think isn't all that significant, he makes up in reliability and having no issues coming up with a contract last offseason. Weekes is the goalie of the future for the Hurricanes and now that Laviolette is in town, we should see him getting a little more run support when it comes to the gems that he has been known to post and either lose or tie. Even if this deal was Weekes and a 3rd for Nabokov, i'd still respectfully decline. It's a lateral move at best by trading a goaltender that has been hot for us for a goaltender who we haven't even seen very much of due to the fact that he plays across the conference.

Now. Here is where the major beef of the deal is. With all due respect to Dimitrakos, who I haven't even really heard of before I saw this proposal, he's not worth Jeff O'Neill straight up. He could be a wonderful guy and all, great at parties and everything, but Jeff O'Neill is a fairly consistant 60+ point player. Dimitrakos is little more than a decent prospect. Jeff has scored 25+ goals for the past 4 years, can Dimitrakos match those numbers with similar? I'm honestly doubting it. When you're a boring trap team like Carolina has been for the past few years, you don't trade your only valuable scorer for a question mark. It simply doesn't happen.

So there, thats my take.
good. nice take! i can see where you're coming from, and much as I like Weekes, i still dont' consider him a top-tier goaltender, whereas, when Nabokov is on his game, he's one of the best. that said, when Weekes is on his game, he's pretty darn good too...

i made the O'Neill proposal, not because the Canes want to trade one of their best players, but because he blows goat right now. i was thinking of adding something to the Canes side of things, just because Jeff is the whole package when playing well, but i wasn't sure how it would play out. i still think its a fair deal, but i see your points too...

Old
12-18-2003, 11:46 AM
ATG

Quote:
Hope u didn't take that seriously i was watching that simpsons episode at the time you know the zorro one where homer imitates him and starts slapping everyone with the glove and challenges them to a duel and they all back down except that texan hehe damn that's funny

Old
12-19-2003, 02:39 PM
OrrNumber4

Dimitrakos

Dimitrakos is a very solid prospect. He is already a 40-50-point scorer, IMO. tons of skills, and he is getting much better defensively. Salary, is also a factor, although I don't have the figures, I think Oneil and Weekes together make more than Nabakov and Dimitrakos. Unless Oneil starts shaping up, I would ship him out in this deal, from either teams' perspective.

Old
12-19-2003, 03:20 PM
AEKaki

Quote:
TO CAROLINA:

TO SAN JOSE:

-------------------
Sorry, but Carolina would never do this.
As much as Dimitrakos is really good and young, something good MUST be added.

Closed Thread