HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game report

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-16-2003, 08:14 PM
  #1
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,904
vCash: 500
Game report

I didn't really think it was a great effort tonight. There wasn't a lot of passion and emotion. No one really stood out tonight and my remarks reflect a blase game.

Brewer - Steady, but nothing spectaculor.

Chimera - didn't play bad but didn't play great.

Cross - Steady.

Dvorak - Made a few good passes.

Ferguson - Made a couple of bad clearing plays but other than that he was ok.

Hemsky - Actually one of the better Oilers this evening but made a few really bad passes that caused rushed the other way.

Horcoff - He has really stepped up his game, has been one of the better Oilers of late.

Isbister - Won a few key faceoffs to create opportunities, was noticeable on a few shifts but nothing outstanding.

Laraque - Created some pressure in the LA zone and got a point, considering how bad his season has been not too bad. (OK I have really low expectations at this point)

Moreau - Ok game.

Salo - Thought he let out a very juicy rebound on the first goal and was the third goal tipped? If it wasn't it was a terrible goal, if it was it was unlucky.

Semenov - Made a few bad giveaways this evening, he has been playing very well lately but not his best game.

Smith - Couple of mega hits, pretty good game. Bad luck on the third goal where he lost his stick.

Smyth - I didn't think he played that well this evening. No real intensity along the boards.

Staios - OK.

Stoll - Had a pretty good game. Wins a lot of defensive faceoffs and played well defensively. Though I was unhappy that on a two on one he shot it three feet wide.

Torres - Again like most of the Oilers he had a few good shifts but really not a great effort but still one of the better Oilers on this evening.

York - Had a few good shifts but seemed too lack intensity.


Last edited by hockeyaddict101: 12-16-2003 at 08:19 PM.
hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
12-16-2003, 08:56 PM
  #2
coyote
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
I didn't really think it was a great effort tonight. There wasn't a lot of passion and emotion. No one really stood out tonight and my remarks reflect a blase game.

Brewer - Steady, but nothing spectaculor.

Chimera - didn't play bad but didn't play great.

Cross - Steady.

Dvorak - Made a few good passes.

Ferguson - Made a couple of bad clearing plays but other than that he was ok.

Hemsky - Actually one of the better Oilers this evening but made a few really bad passes that caused rushed the other way.

Horcoff - He has really stepped up his game, has been one of the better Oilers of late.

Isbister - Won a few key faceoffs to create opportunities, was noticeable on a few shifts but nothing outstanding.

Laraque - Created some pressure in the LA zone and got a point, considering how bad his season has been not too bad. (OK I have really low expectations at this point)

Moreau - Ok game.

Salo - Thought he let out a very juicy rebound on the first goal and was the third goal tipped? If it wasn't it was a terrible goal, if it was it was unlucky.

Semenov - Made a few bad giveaways this evening, he has been playing very well lately but not his best game.

Smith - Couple of mega hits, pretty good game. Bad luck on the third goal where he lost his stick.

Smyth - I didn't think he played that well this evening. No real intensity along the boards.

Staios - OK.

Stoll - Had a pretty good game. Wins a lot of defensive faceoffs and played well defensively. Though I was unhappy that on a two on one he shot it three feet wide.

Torres - Again like most of the Oilers he had a few good shifts but really not a great effort but still one of the better Oilers on this evening.

York - Had a few good shifts but seemed too lack intensity.
Isbister won 1 of three face-offs. So if one is a few then I stand to be corrected.

coyote is offline  
Old
12-16-2003, 09:04 PM
  #3
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher
 
Mowzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Lebanon, Alberta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 8,289
vCash: 500
Horcs was the best Oiler on the ice tonight, and IMO, the 4th line made the most happen. How does Smyth keep racking up points, he's playing quite possibly the worst hackey in years and still produces.

Mowzie is offline  
Old
12-16-2003, 09:24 PM
  #4
The Rage
Registered User
 
The Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Stamford Bridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Horcs was the best Oiler on the ice tonight, and IMO, the 4th line made the most happen. How does Smyth keep racking up points, he's playing quite possibly the worst hackey in years and still produces.
Also, how does he keep getting game stars? It didn't happen tonight, but lately he's been getting alot of those that he hasn't deserved.

The Rage is offline  
Old
12-16-2003, 10:40 PM
  #5
momentai
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 5,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
Horcs was the best Oiler on the ice tonight, and IMO, the 4th line made the most happen. How does Smyth keep racking up points, he's playing quite possibly the worst hackey in years and still produces.
LOL. Something interesting. Tonight Horcoff was probably our best forward and when we were down a goal... MacT does NOT put him on a definitive scoring line with the likes of a Smyth/Hemsky/Dvorak/Torres. I think it's a little ironic that when he was playing poorly, MacT constantly gave him those linemates in close games... but not today. :p

momentai is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 05:44 AM
  #6
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Isbister won 1 of three face-offs. So if one is a few then I stand to be corrected.
I thought he won two, I know one caused sustained pressure. The other could have been classed as a tied drawer because it went in the corner and the Oilers won the battle for the puck.

I realize he is not a centre but both of those plays resulted in good pressure.

Hey give me a break on such a blase night I was reaching for positives

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 09:30 AM
  #7
Obsessed
Registered User
 
Obsessed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Devon, AB
Posts: 907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
Salo - Thought he let out a very juicy rebound on the first goal and was the third goal tipped? If it wasn't it was a terrible goal, if it was it was unlucky.
I beleive it deflected off Staios' skate. I could be wrong but thats the way I saw it.

Nobody mention the invisible MR-Oates. He had one of his more forgetable performances.

Salo still looks as shaky as Bambi to me. I think he lost his groove. He needs Austin Powers to help him find his Mojo or something. Yick.

Here's hoping we can score a goal against Minny. Another 1-0 game and I'll slash up. :mad:

Obsessed is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 11:20 AM
  #8
Oilersyul89
Registered User
 
Oilersyul89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 795
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Oilersyul89 Send a message via Yahoo to Oilersyul89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsessed
I beleive it deflected off Staios' skate. I could be wrong but thats the way I saw it.

Nobody mention the invisible MR-Oates. He had one of his more forgetable performances.

Salo still looks as shaky as Bambi to me. I think he lost his groove. He needs Austin Powers to help him find his Mojo or something. Yick.

Here's hoping we can score a goal against Minny. Another 1-0 game and I'll slash up. :mad:
Does everyone else block their eyes and have a near-heartatack everytime the opponent gets a shot from the point? I'm not worried in close, because Salo plays angles well, but from the point, he looks lost!!
2 goals from the point last night! He always throws himself on his knees and leaves his 5-hole WIDE open. What's so hard about going down and covering the frickin 5-hole with your stick!?

Oilersyul89 is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 11:26 AM
  #9
Cerebral
Registered User
 
Cerebral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny08
Does everyone else block their eyes and have a near-heartatack everytime the opponent gets a shot from the point? I'm not worried in close, because Salo plays angles well, but from the point, he looks lost!!
2 goals from the point last night! He always throws himself on his knees and leaves his 5-hole WIDE open. What's so hard about going down and covering the frickin 5-hole with your stick!?
One of the problems is that the Oilers tend to collapse down way too low and thus leave the opposing pointmen with a lot of room to get off their shots! A guy like Rob Blake can easily pick apart a goaltender like Salo from the blueline if he has enough time.. the Oilers need to stay higher in the zone (especially on the pk) and not let the d-men get off such huge and uncontested shots! :mad:

Cerebral is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 03:26 PM
  #10
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,904
vCash: 500
call me wishy-washy

But I agree with both the last responses. The Oilers really did give way too much room on the last goal for dman for LA to wind up and shoot but Salo looked off balance even before the shot.

Salo IMO simply does not look confident even on the saves he does make.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 03:41 PM
  #11
coyote
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 831
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaz44
But I agree with both the last responses. The Oilers really did give way too much room on the last goal for dman for LA to wind up and shoot but Salo looked off balance even before the shot.

Salo IMO simply does not look confident even on the saves he does make.
Salo is struggling alright. I hope he can come out of this because we need him. Also on a previous post that Horcoff was the best player out there, I have to agree.

coyote is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 03:54 PM
  #12
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,394
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Maybe it's time for Salo to fire his agent. How much to you think this Comrie saga affected Salo? Remember Salo's agent is also Winter. It's really a coincidence that Salo has struggled this season with this whole Comrie saga.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 03:57 PM
  #13
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote
Salo is struggling alright. I hope he can come out of this because we need him. Also on a previous post that Horcoff was the best player out there, I have to agree.
No argument about Horcoff, I thought he was one of the better Oilers as well if not the best Oiler as my review mentioned.

Isn't it surprising how far he has come in just a few games. He has went from "zero to hero" very quickly.

I thought he and Torres were the best Oilers on a very poor night. Horcoff has been one of the most steady Oilers for the last three or four games.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Old
12-17-2003, 03:59 PM
  #14
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky83
Maybe it's time for Salo to fire his agent. How much to you think this Comrie saga affected Salo? Remember Salo's agent is also Winter. It's really a coincidence that Salo has struggled this season with this whole Comrie saga.
He has stuggled ever since the "goal". I don't think it has anything at all to do with the Comrie incident.

hockeyaddict101 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.