HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Post Game - OT WIN?!?!?

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 05:32 PM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Post Game - OT WIN?!?!? : Habs 5 - Preds 4

Sheldon Souray " SOMEBODY STOP ME!".

Box Score

YORK (1) V. ORSZAGH (9) M. ERAT (13)
SOURAY (9) R. ZEDNIK (6) M. RIBEIRO (15)
WALKER (8) D. LEGWAND (13) A. HUTCHINSON (1)
SOURAY (10) P. DAGENAIS (4) M. RIBEIRO (16)
STEVENSON (1) D. HAMHUIS (7)
ZEDNIK (11) M. RIBEIRO (17) M. RYDER (12)
MURRAY (7) A. HUTCHINSON (2)
KOIVU (5) M. RIBEIRO (18) S. SOURAY (9)
SOURAY (11) J. BULIS (6) S. KOIVU (10)

RDS 3 Stars

1. Guess.
2. Ribeiro.
3. Walker.

Good, solid performance from the Preds. Thanks to all the Pred fans who hung around!

Last edited by gohabsgo2010: 12-18-2003 at 05:39 PM.
Old
12-18-2003, 05:38 PM
NHLcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts

Funny thing with the pic is it shows the 2 habs player that had a awful game.....

Old
12-18-2003, 05:51 PM
Tuggy

The +/- took a hit for most players tonight that had good games

Old
12-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy
The +/- took a hit for most players tonight that had good games
Yeah and I have Koivu, Ryder, Bulis and Markov in a Yahoo draft who combined for a brutal -5.

Thanks for starting the post-game thread jl. It was impossible to navigate through that game thread, man we got invaded by Preds fans tonight. (Who knew the Preds have more than one fan?)

Observations:
-First off let's all pray to our repective spiritual leaders (God, Vishnu or maybe that big ass bong in your basement) that Theo isn't hurt bad. Garon was decent tonight, but if we don't have Theo we're gonna be in trouble.

-What can I say about Ribs? Although RDS and the Montreal media are going to start the Ribeiro for Hart rant, I just wasn't that impressed with his game. He had a couple of really nice passes to Zed and Koivu for goals, but other than that he had two second assists that were next to meaningless. Granted it's the strongest game he's played in a while, but for every good play he made he also made a soft play. He must have turned the puck over 10 times tonight and got pushed off it another half dozen times. His even strength play tonight wasn't that great and he has to learn to protect the puck better and make good hard passes instead of this soft behind the back crap.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:12 PM
snatchmasterflex

vCash:
komi looked shakey tonight. Bulis waz the hidden hero of the game keep it up jan.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:12 PM
Tuggy

Komiserak made a couple of bad plays tonight...he had one terrible giveaway that almost lead to a goal. He doesn't seem very comfortable out there. Hopefully Brisebois is back soon.

Also..any word on when Ward is coming back..for TO on sat or PIT on Mon?

Old
12-18-2003, 06:18 PM
snatchmasterflex

vCash:
Quote:
Komiserak made a couple of bad plays tonight...he had one terrible giveaway that almost lead to a goal. He doesn't seem very comfortable out there. Hopefully Brisebois is back soon.

hes supposed to be back for th TO game. sould be a sweet ass game i hope theos bruise heals by then.
rock on habs

Old
12-18-2003, 06:19 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:

Ward should be playing tomorrow in Hamilton, and than he'll probably make the short trip up to TO for Saturday night's game.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:20 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by snatchmasterflex
hes supposed to be back for th TO game. sould be a sweet ass game i hope theos bruise heals by then.
rock on habs
The boys should be flyin high headin into TO...hockey night in Canada.. Habs/Leafs. Is there a better way to watch hockey??

I'm assuming Ward will take Audette's spot but we shall see

Old
12-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Guy!

I think it's strting to become evident, over the last ten games or so, that this team is becoming more combative, more energetic, and more exciting and tonight was a great example of all three things. Never did they give up, they were the more physical club, and there were a great number of chances to score, particularly on the power play. I would imagine most of Julien's critics will be hiding themselves in the woodwork now, since you can see he's gelled the team nicely and he's using the elements available to him in an advantageous manner.

What's particularly nice to see is that we've a group of defenders who are willing and able to add some attack to their game, and I don't just mean by scoring or assisting, but by cutting out plays (Markov, Komisarek), by pinching to keep things alive, (aforementioned two and Bouillon, Breezy and Souray), and by occasionally looking for the daring pass (particularly Rivet and Breezy, but at times all of the others as well). It adds an extra dimension and I think you can tell it's something that's been worked on significantly in the past month or so. Another excellent point is that we have three who can consistently hit the net with hard and low shots (Markov, Komisarek, and some guy who scored three tonight).

Of course, there's still plenty of room for improvement in many areas of the game, and there are still a fair number of passengers along for the ride. There are a few who are consistently in that boat, and another few who go either from game to game or shift to shift being passengers. Of course, it's tough to make large changes in the current economic market, so we'll probably have to deal with many of these passengers for the rest of the year, but if we can mix in a solid group of consistent performers and good goaltending, I think we'll be in the race at the end.

A large part of our problems are going to rest on our second line because, as was evident tonight, the first gets all the best defensive players to fight against. When the second plays well, we'll compete, when it takes the night off, we're in trouble. Another key, of course, is a solid checking line that's consistently in the face of the opposition's best, and also able to make things happen. Finally, you need a fourth line that's able to go out and stir things up at a moments notice. There are games when we have all four, but it's rare, and something we have to work on and work towards.

~~

Notes:

Theo: Tough period, and I think it was fairly obvious from the beginning that he was hurting. There was once, early on, when he tried to move the puck and it looked like his arm was molasses. That second goal, breakaway that it was, was a weak one to concede. Shame about the injury, let's hope it isn't serious. N/A

Garon: Always tough to come in off the bench cold and take over, but he did a stand up job. The first goal against him was a deflection from about five feet and the second was a deflection from the blueline - which by all rights he should have had - but the nature of the deflection was such that he completely lost sight of the puck until it was about two feet from his head, and there's not much chance to react then. B+

Bouillon: I'm always amazed when the smallest Hab player gives out the biggest hits, and he did again...up to a certain point in the game when the bigger men finally came out. B

Rivet: The first goal was Rivet making a blunder, but after that he played pretty consistently and was a solid blueliner. I'm satisfied. B-

Komisarek: The third goal was a result of good forechecking when Komi was hit and went down in the corner, his man rushing off to the net to deflect the puck. Other than that, he made his share of errors, for sure, but still played a fairly consistent game. He is getting more and more punishing, though, and is bringing people to their feet more and more often with really nasty hits. Gotta love that. Unfortunately, those mistakes he did make were enough to cut his ice time down considerably, which I'm not satisfied with, since he's got to learn somehow. C

Markov: TOugh luck for Markov this year, who was paired with slumping Rivet to start it off, then a Breezer just before he turned his game around, and now Komi. No disrespect to the others, but Markov has had a tough time adapting to all these changes and to trying to bail out his defensive partners of the time. Personally, I think he's acquitted himself fairly well, but there's no denying he's not playing like he was last year. Time and patience, particularly for a young guy like this, is well worth everyone's while, as I think he'll come out of it better than ever. C+

Quintal: It's really hard to notice him when his partner is all over the place all night. Still, he played a consistent if not great game, and I think we can all be satisfied with that. B-

Souray: The best part about his night wasn't the three goals or the four points, it wasn't the constant pressure he applied on the Pred defense when he was pinching or holding the puck at the point or even his big body checks, it was the little defensive plays that are hard to notice in the big picture, but which make all the difference. The poke checks, the angling out of his player, and the board wins were the keys to the game. A+

Langdon: When your team is behind and you're a fourth line player, you don't see much ice. He didn't. N/A

Kilger: When you're a big man and a former 4th pick overall, you should be giving more, despite ice time - or indeed to force the coach to give you more. D-

Audette: Since he was relegated to the fourth, I'll slot him in here. Now, what do I have to say about him. Well, he was smiling and laughing in the third. It's such a shame, because despite what many say, he was a really productive and useful player a couple of years back until that injury, and he's just never been the same since. He's a guy who used to have all the talent in the world, but this year, even when he does get in position to fire off his shot, he usually muffs it. Reminds me of Linden when he was here - loads of talent, but perhaps he just needs a change of scenery. F

Sundstrom: Looked better tonight and worked hard at both ends. I like that his game has turned around for the most part, because it really helps out that third line now that Bulis is playing on the first. B

Dackell: Have I mentioned that I love this guy? I know, half of you want him gone because he's redundant or some such nonsense, but when he's playing like he's played the last few, he deserves to be there no questions asked. Ward? Even at full steam he's not half the player Dax is - only thing he brings is a more physical aspect and a penchant for overpursuing the puck and therefore getting himself out of position. B+

Juneau: Well, the second goal was partially his fault because of a communication mix-up. And aside from that, he just didn't seem to be looking his best out there. It's such a shame in some respects, but I really feel that he lost his spot to Begin on that third line. What that means for a guy who's still really good at marking out the oppositions best? I just don't know... C-

Dagenais: He's a goal scorer, no doubt. When he gets the puck in the slot, he knows what to do to get a shot on net, and that's a good thing. The bad thing is that he's really not much good at doing anything else. He wins some of his board battles, is not very good in his own end, skates poorly, and really doesn't look particularly good in the neutral zone, but when you get him in front of that net - or around it with the puck - he makes things happen. That's great. For filler. Not so good for a real second liner. C

Zednik: Boy, can you tell that Ribs really likes passing with Dagenais. I mean sure, he passed to Zed that once when Zed had no one within about fifty feet, but other than that? Not much at all. Then again, it's hard to pass to someone who's play is to grab their stick lower, bend the knees, then try to beat everyone to the outside. C+

Ribeiro: Great vision, and wonderful play on the PP. THe third period was fun to watch as well when he put himself into the game. Shame he didn't show up 5v5 for the first 40 minutes. And that's his real problem, he can't show up for a period and expect that to cut it on the second line, it's just not good enough. Sure, he picked up a plethora of points tonight, and that's great, but had the PP not been scoring, he would have had nothing, and only 20 minutes of solid playing time to show for his game. And that's just not cutting it at all. (For all his points, he was -2 on the night.) B+ (mostly for those lovely passes)

Ryder: Okay, I think I've seen enough of him to start to make a determination on what the future might hold. FIrst of all, while he was rickety on his skates early on (and still is now and again) he's infinitely better, has good to very good straight line speed, and an uncanny ability to hold the puck when he's moving. Second, he's got a nose for the net that we've not seen since I don't know when. He's a pure scorer. Third, despite the fact he holds on too long at times, he's trying to make things happen, and I can't fault that as long as when he passes, they're good passes - and when he passes, sometimes they're brilliant. Fourth, he's really *really* picked up his defensive game. He's not great now, but he's good, and still getting better. He's 23, still improving, in his first year in the NHL, playing on the first line. His future as I can see it? I honestly think he can be a real first line player. The improvement I've seen just from the first game of the year is amazing in itself. Just imagine where he'll be at the end of the year, at the end of next year, and in three. Sky really is the limit. B+

Bulis: I think he discovered another gear tonight, lightspeed. Was he flying or what? And he's also discovered a few one-on-one moves that he's used in the past few games and tonight it almost worked for a goal. He's only 25 and his best years are still ahead of him. A-

Koivu: I think that line was dominant pretty much every time it was on the ice again - against the Preds defensive best as much as they could muster it with line changing. He was spectacular with the puck, made scintillating passes (thank you Danny Gallivan for that word) and his shot was a rocket and accurate. Looks like he's come out of his mini-slump of three games, and may I just say that with his two points, he's now point-a-game (if you don't count his first five which were the equivalent of his pre-season). Not bad for a guy everyone seems to like to take shots at. A-

~~

At first I would have poo-pooed the idea of putting Sax on the point for the PP, but having both him and Ribs out there to run it, with the cannon Souray on the other point and Zed and Ryder as the others up front? That's a pretty damn good PP, and can rival a great many in the game. Two seeing-eye passers feeding three guys who can put the puck in, or at least on, the net with regularlity is exactly what the doctor ordered. Too bad the second part of the PP is going to be rather lame. Bulis, Markov and whomever they can scrape from the bench - not particularly scary.

The PK seems to have really found it's groove. Juneau, Dax, Sunny and Bulis are awesome as the top four, and Sax fills in nicely as the fifth whenever needed. It's an extremely high-energy PK, and that pus the opposition on its heels a lot, and is particularly hard when passes aren't perfect. I believe that was a perfect game in terms of special teams, and when was the last time we can say we were perfect!!

The most important thing you can take from this game, though, and the last bunch, is the overall consistency. Sure, there have been a few times where we've not looked good, but overall, I think the improvement from the beginning of the year to now is incredible. This is a team that was a group of individuals to start the year, but has been moulded into a real team that works hard, for the most part, night in and night out and is keeping the fans happy. I think the patience shown by Gainey in the face of derisive elements has been remarkable, and the best thing to happen to Montreal since Courtnall was attained for Kordic. Julien also deserves more than just passing applause for his work at pulling this team together. He's made the tough choices and has really pulled this bunch together to the point where you can almost expect them to play a solid game every time they show up.

It's not perfect by any stretch, but the turn-around has begun.

Off to the Centre of the Universe where we face Leaf squad that found it's game. My only advice for Hab fans is to turn off the sound when you watch if you're going to see it on CBC. Personally, I can't stand Bob Cole and his, "ANd Sundin, up to Roberts, to Nolan and a great save by the Montreal goalie. Puck picked up by the Montreal defender who posses it out to the wing, centred and GREAT SAVE BY BELFOUR! That was a show-stopper folks!" (Puck whiffed off the end of someone's stick into Belfour's waiting glove.)

Ahem. I look forward to Cherry's suit and tie.

A Concerned Fan.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:35 PM
jcpenny

You are pretty harsh on kilger. Tonight he didnt ply a lot but when he was on the ice he created some offense and he was energetic for the few shifts he had. I liked him better than juneau as our 3rd line center.

Dagenais over Audette, Anyday

Old
12-18-2003, 06:37 PM
snatchmasterflex

vCash:
theo says he's looking forward to play the leafs. HE WILL PLAY

Old
12-18-2003, 06:41 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
I think it's strting to become evident, over the last ten games or so, that this team is becoming more combative, more energetic, and more exciting and tonight was a great example of all three things. Never did they give up, they were the more physical club, and there were a great number of chances to score, particularly on the power play. I would imagine most of Julien's critics will be hiding themselves in the woodwork now, since you can see he's gelled the team nicely and he's using the elements available to him in an advantageous manner.

What's particularly nice to see is that we've a group of defenders who are willing and able to add some attack to their game, and I don't just mean by scoring or assisting, but by cutting out plays (Markov, Komisarek), by pinching to keep things alive, (aforementioned two and Bouillon, Breezy and Souray), and by occasionally looking for the daring pass (particularly Rivet and Breezy, but at times all of the others as well). It adds an extra dimension and I think you can tell it's something that's been worked on significantly in the past month or so. Another excellent point is that we have three who can consistently hit the net with hard and low shots (Markov, Komisarek, and some guy who scored three tonight).

Of course, there's still plenty of room for improvement in many areas of the game, and there are still a fair number of passengers along for the ride. There are a few who are consistently in that boat, and another few who go either from game to game or shift to shift being passengers. Of course, it's tough to make large changes in the current economic market, so we'll probably have to deal with many of these passengers for the rest of the year, but if we can mix in a solid group of consistent performers and good goaltending, I think we'll be in the race at the end.

A large part of our problems are going to rest on our second line because, as was evident tonight, the first gets all the best defensive players to fight against. When the second plays well, we'll compete, when it takes the night off, we're in trouble. Another key, of course, is a solid checking line that's consistently in the face of the opposition's best, and also able to make things happen. Finally, you need a fourth line that's able to go out and stir things up at a moments notice. There are games when we have all four, but it's rare, and something we have to work on and work towards.

~~

Notes:

Theo: Tough period, and I think it was fairly obvious from the beginning that he was hurting. There was once, early on, when he tried to move the puck and it looked like his arm was molasses. That second goal, breakaway that it was, was a weak one to concede. Shame about the injury, let's hope it isn't serious. N/A

Garon: Always tough to come in off the bench cold and take over, but he did a stand up job. The first goal against him was a deflection from about five feet and the second was a deflection from the blueline - which by all rights he should have had - but the nature of the deflection was such that he completely lost sight of the puck until it was about two feet from his head, and there's not much chance to react then. B+

Bouillon: I'm always amazed when the smallest Hab player gives out the biggest hits, and he did again...up to a certain point in the game when the bigger men finally came out. B

Rivet: The first goal was Rivet making a blunder, but after that he played pretty consistently and was a solid blueliner. I'm satisfied. B-

Komisarek: The third goal was a result of good forechecking when Komi was hit and went down in the corner, his man rushing off to the net to deflect the puck. Other than that, he made his share of errors, for sure, but still played a fairly consistent game. He is getting more and more punishing, though, and is bringing people to their feet more and more often with really nasty hits. Gotta love that. Unfortunately, those mistakes he did make were enough to cut his ice time down considerably, which I'm not satisfied with, since he's got to learn somehow. C

Markov: TOugh luck for Markov this year, who was paired with slumping Rivet to start it off, then a Breezer just before he turned his game around, and now Komi. No disrespect to the others, but Markov has had a tough time adapting to all these changes and to trying to bail out his defensive partners of the time. Personally, I think he's acquitted himself fairly well, but there's no denying he's not playing like he was last year. Time and patience, particularly for a young guy like this, is well worth everyone's while, as I think he'll come out of it better than ever. C+

Quintal: It's really hard to notice him when his partner is all over the place all night. Still, he played a consistent if not great game, and I think we can all be satisfied with that. B-

Souray: The best part about his night wasn't the three goals or the four points, it wasn't the constant pressure he applied on the Pred defense when he was pinching or holding the puck at the point or even his big body checks, it was the little defensive plays that are hard to notice in the big picture, but which make all the difference. The poke checks, the angling out of his player, and the board wins were the keys to the game. A+

Langdon: When your team is behind and you're a fourth line player, you don't see much ice. He didn't. N/A

Kilger: When you're a big man and a former 4th pick overall, you should be giving more, despite ice time - or indeed to force the coach to give you more. D-

Audette: Since he was relegated to the fourth, I'll slot him in here. Now, what do I have to say about him. Well, he was smiling and laughing in the third. It's such a shame, because despite what many say, he was a really productive and useful player a couple of years back until that injury, and he's just never been the same since. He's a guy who used to have all the talent in the world, but this year, even when he does get in position to fire off his shot, he usually muffs it. Reminds me of Linden when he was here - loads of talent, but perhaps he just needs a change of scenery. F

Sundstrom: Looked better tonight and worked hard at both ends. I like that his game has turned around for the most part, because it really helps out that third line now that Bulis is playing on the first. B

Dackell: Have I mentioned that I love this guy? I know, half of you want him gone because he's redundant or some such nonsense, but when he's playing like he's played the last few, he deserves to be there no questions asked. Ward? Even at full steam he's not half the player Dax is - only thing he brings is a more physical aspect and a penchant for overpursuing the puck and therefore getting himself out of position. B+

Juneau: Well, the second goal was partially his fault because of a communication mix-up. And aside from that, he just didn't seem to be looking his best out there. It's such a shame in some respects, but I really feel that he lost his spot to Begin on that third line. What that means for a guy who's still really good at marking out the oppositions best? I just don't know... C-

Dagenais: He's a goal scorer, no doubt. When he gets the puck in the slot, he knows what to do to get a shot on net, and that's a good thing. The bad thing is that he's really not much good at doing anything else. He wins some of his board battles, is not very good in his own end, skates poorly, and really doesn't look particularly good in the neutral zone, but when you get him in front of that net - or around it with the puck - he makes things happen. That's great. For filler. Not so good for a real second liner. C

Zednik: Boy, can you tell that Ribs really likes passing with Dagenais. I mean sure, he passed to Zed that once when Zed had no one within about fifty feet, but other than that? Not much at all. Then again, it's hard to pass to someone who's play is to grab their stick lower, bend the knees, then try to beat everyone to the outside. C+

Ribeiro: Great vision, and wonderful play on the PP. THe third period was fun to watch as well when he put himself into the game. Shame he didn't show up 5v5 for the first 40 minutes. And that's his real problem, he can't show up for a period and expect that to cut it on the second line, it's just not good enough. Sure, he picked up a plethora of points tonight, and that's great, but had the PP not been scoring, he would have had nothing, and only 20 minutes of solid playing time to show for his game. And that's just not cutting it at all. (For all his points, he was -2 on the night.) B+ (mostly for those lovely passes)

Ryder: Okay, I think I've seen enough of him to start to make a determination on what the future might hold. FIrst of all, while he was rickety on his skates early on (and still is now and again) he's infinitely better, has good to very good straight line speed, and an uncanny ability to hold the puck when he's moving. Second, he's got a nose for the net that we've not seen since I don't know when. He's a pure scorer. Third, despite the fact he holds on too long at times, he's trying to make things happen, and I can't fault that as long as when he passes, they're good passes - and when he passes, sometimes they're brilliant. Fourth, he's really *really* picked up his defensive game. He's not great now, but he's good, and still getting better. He's 23, still improving, in his first year in the NHL, playing on the first line. His future as I can see it? I honestly think he can be a real first line player. The improvement I've seen just from the first game of the year is amazing in itself. Just imagine where he'll be at the end of the year, at the end of next year, and in three. Sky really is the limit. B+

Bulis: I think he discovered another gear tonight, lightspeed. Was he flying or what? And he's also discovered a few one-on-one moves that he's used in the past few games and tonight it almost worked for a goal. He's only 25 and his best years are still ahead of him. A-

Koivu: I think that line was dominant pretty much every time it was on the ice again - against the Preds defensive best as much as they could muster it with line changing. He was spectacular with the puck, made scintillating passes (thank you Danny Gallivan for that word) and his shot was a rocket and accurate. Looks like he's come out of his mini-slump of three games, and may I just say that with his two points, he's now point-a-game (if you don't count his first five which were the equivalent of his pre-season). Not bad for a guy everyone seems to like to take shots at. A-

~~

At first I would have poo-pooed the idea of putting Sax on the point for the PP, but having both him and Ribs out there to run it, with the cannon Souray on the other point and Zed and Ryder as the others up front? That's a pretty damn good PP, and can rival a great many in the game. Two seeing-eye passers feeding three guys who can put the puck in, or at least on, the net with regularlity is exactly what the doctor ordered. Too bad the second part of the PP is going to be rather lame. Bulis, Markov and whomever they can scrape from the bench - not particularly scary.

The PK seems to have really found it's groove. Juneau, Dax, Sunny and Bulis are awesome as the top four, and Sax fills in nicely as the fifth whenever needed. It's an extremely high-energy PK, and that pus the opposition on its heels a lot, and is particularly hard when passes aren't perfect. I believe that was a perfect game in terms of special teams, and when was the last time we can say we were perfect!!

The most important thing you can take from this game, though, and the last bunch, is the overall consistency. Sure, there have been a few times where we've not looked good, but overall, I think the improvement from the beginning of the year to now is incredible. This is a team that was a group of individuals to start the year, but has been moulded into a real team that works hard, for the most part, night in and night out and is keeping the fans happy. I think the patience shown by Gainey in the face of derisive elements has been remarkable, and the best thing to happen to Montreal since Courtnall was attained for Kordic. Julien also deserves more than just passing applause for his work at pulling this team together. He's made the tough choices and has really pulled this bunch together to the point where you can almost expect them to play a solid game every time they show up.

It's not perfect by any stretch, but the turn-around has begun.

Off to the Centre of the Universe where we face Leaf squad that found it's game. My only advice for Hab fans is to turn off the sound when you watch if you're going to see it on CBC. Personally, I can't stand Bob Cole and his, "ANd Sundin, up to Roberts, to Nolan and a great save by the Montreal goalie. Puck picked up by the Montreal defender who posses it out to the wing, centred and GREAT SAVE BY BELFOUR! That was a show-stopper folks!" (Puck whiffed off the end of someone's stick into Belfour's waiting glove.)

Ahem. I look forward to Cherry's suit and tie.

A Concerned Fan.
I swear to God, your first part about the team working its arse off under Julien reminds me of what the scribes were writing when Claude was coaching MY Hull Olympiques. Same things, same work ethic. That's the kind of work ethic he likes. If only he had 3 more solid bodies to work with instead of Audette, Kilger and Juneau. This team would be playoff bound by a mile. The first 2 aren't working at all. The latter one is just too plain old and slow to have any influence. In my book, he's lost the 3rd line center job to Bégin or any other feisty centerman coming to this team. He's still effective on the PK, because the Habs' system suits him well (no-pressure box), but he's a non factor 5 on 5. Fortunately for him, most of the time, Sundstrom covers his slow reactions on missed coverage down low.

The rest of your great evaluation is dead on.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:43 PM
Démon Blond

Looks like I missed a great game... can't wait for Saturday!

Oh and Souray looks like he was incredible, again!

Old
12-18-2003, 06:47 PM
FTK

The First Wave of PP is Souray/Koivu/Zednik/Ribiero/Ryder

there's no way we don't keep this combination...The PP got us this game, not the Goalie.

Now the second wave PP Unit is more of a problem. I guess it has to be something like Markov/Brisebois(or Komisarek)/Bulis/Dagenais/Ribiero. Give Ribiero lots of PP time and cut his 5 vs 5 time.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:48 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
You are pretty harsh on kilger. Tonight he didnt ply a lot but when he was on the ice he created some offense and he was energetic for the few shifts he had. I liked him better than juneau as our 3rd line center.

Dagenais over Audette, Anyday
jcpenny, you know what Claude and his assistants see with Kilger? I'll tell you. They see a huge guy, 200 pounds + going for the puck in the offensive corner, BUMPING the defenceman just lightly, instead of ramming him into the boards, like a normal huge guy would do in the NHL. They see him playing it soft, while he's there for one purpose. One: complete his check in the offensive zone. That's all the Habs' management is asking him to do. And he does squat. When I see Chad Kilger go into the corner and hit the d guy with his back turned to the boards, as if he was scared to give a clean hit, I cringe. And so does Julien.

And that's why I wouldn't be surprised, when all the bodies are healthy again, if he's put on waivers. He's a useless body. He's a waste of a space.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Natural Habs Fan

What's up with Sheldon Souray. By God he could win the Norris if he keeps this up!

Old
12-18-2003, 06:49 PM
snatchmasterflex

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTK
The First Wave of PP is Souray/Koivu/Zednik/Ribiero/Ryder

there's no way we don't keep this combination...The PP got us this game, not the Goalie.

Now the second wave PP Unit is more of a problem. I guess it has to be something like Markov/Brisebois(or Komisarek)/Bulis/Dagenais/Ribiero. Give Ribiero lots of PP time and cut his 5 vs 5 time.
I COULDNT AGREE MORE give ribeiro more pp time more and more muhahahaha

Old
12-18-2003, 07:07 PM
goalchenyuk

someone could explain me how Ribiero could have a -2 when he have 4 points and the other team have 4 goals ?even if he was on the ice for the 4 goals , 4-4 = 0 , no ?

Old
12-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
someone could explain me how Ribiero could have a -2 when he have 4 points and the other team have 4 goals ?even if he was on the ice for the 4 goals , 4-4 = 0 , no ?
all 4 assists were on the PP...

Old
12-18-2003, 07:08 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

http://www.nhl.com/

We make the 1st page

Old
12-18-2003, 07:11 PM
snatchmasterflex

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
well that just sounds impossible doesnt it? what was sourays then?

Old
12-18-2003, 07:15 PM
Habsolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
I would imagine most of Julien's critics will be hiding themselves in the woodwork now, since you can see he's gelled the team nicely and he's using the elements available to him in an advantageous manner.
I won't hide I was one of Julien's critic and I have already apologized before the Florida game. And I gladly do so again. It feels like it's been forever since we've seen the team put a consistent effort for such a long stretch of games.

Kudos to CJ

BTW very nice report. Here's another handclap smily :

Old
12-18-2003, 07:37 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
jcpenny, you know what Claude and his assistants see with Kilger? I'll tell you. They see a huge guy, 200 pounds + going for the puck in the offensive corner, BUMPING the defenceman just lightly, instead of ramming him into the boards, like a normal huge guy would do in the NHL. They see him playing it soft, while he's there for one purpose. One: complete his check in the offensive zone. That's all the Habs' management is asking him to do. And he does squat. When I see Chad Kilger go into the corner and hit the d guy with his back turned to the boards, as if he was scared to give a clean hit, I cringe. And so does Julien.

And that's why I wouldn't be surprised, when all the bodies are healthy again, if he's put on waivers. He's a useless body. He's a waste of a space.
this may not be true entirely or atleast me giving the guy the benefit of the doubt or whatever but could his eye injury be "scaring" him in some way?
look at al macinnis who went thru a horrible eye injury a few years ago and comes back now is gone again, potentially forever and could have potentially lost complete vision in his eye after his 2nd surgery.. it could be messing with the guys head.. and before ANYONE spouts off something like "he's a big player" or something about his heart or anything like that.. shut up (and i mean that in the nicest way) because by coming back he has shown courage.. this isnt a knee/ankle or something like that we're talking about.. its the eye.. and a players health is far more important than what joe niewendyke recently referred to as "a silly game" in the wake of the rob ramage events.. and for all my love for the sport and everything else, in the grand scheme of things.. he's right.. its a silly game.. i say we give him the benefit of the doubt and give him to atleast seasons end or next season (if there is one) and see how he plays (whether for us or for someone else)

Old
12-18-2003, 07:50 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman08
this may not be true entirely or atleast me giving the guy the benefit of the doubt or whatever but could his eye injury be "scaring" him in some way?
look at al macinnis who went thru a horrible eye injury a few years ago and comes back now is gone again, potentially forever and could have potentially lost complete vision in his eye after his 2nd surgery.. it could be messing with the guys head.. and before ANYONE spouts off something like "he's a big player" or something about his heart or anything like that.. shut up (and i mean that in the nicest way) because by coming back he has shown courage.. this isnt a knee/ankle or something like that we're talking about.. its the eye.. and a players health is far more important than what joe niewendyke recently referred to as "a silly game" in the wake of the rob ramage events.. and for all my love for the sport and everything else, in the grand scheme of things.. he's right.. its a silly game.. i say we give him the benefit of the doubt and give him to atleast seasons end or next season (if there is one) and see how he plays (whether for us or for someone else)
Hab fans have been giving him the benefit of the doubt ever since he got here and he's done nothing but disappoint. His playing style these days is nothing new - he's been doing the same crap his whole career. It has squat to do with his injury. We know he can play a physically dominating game, because we see it once every quarter of the season. We don't see it more often because Kilger simply doesn't have the fire in his belly. He's one of this team's problems, and he won't be around long.

Kilger's body + Begin's heart = Bobby Holik

Closed Thread