HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Satan

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 08:43 AM
Shazbot

vCash: 500
Satan

If you could do it without hurting the team (i.e., losing a key player or prospect), would you trade for Miroslav Satan, who is said to be possibly available (tsn.ca) and who is having the worst season of his career?

Old
12-17-2003, 08:46 AM
kastaure

Send a message via MSN to kastaure Send a message via Yahoo to kastaure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazbot
If you could do it without hurting the team (i.e., losing a key player or prospect), would you trade for Miroslav Satan, who is said to be possibly available (tsn.ca) and who is having the worst season of his career?
YES...

and if by hurting the team you mean losing Captain K or Zednik the answer is still YES...

Old
12-17-2003, 08:51 AM
Mike8

No doubt about it. Best way to develop young talent is to have a strong core of players to play with them. Koivu and Satan is a solid proven duo for the youngsters to be built around.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:09 AM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
No doubt about it. Best way to develop young talent is to have a strong core of players to play with them. Koivu and Satan is a solid proven duo for the youngsters to be built around.
I don't think I would give up Koivu or Zednik to get Satan. But if a deal could be done for something like a good utility man like Sundstrom, a good prospect like Hossa and a 2nd round pick, I'd do it, despite Satan's heavy contract.

Imagine being able to choose from Koivu, Satan, Zednik, Ryder, Ribeiro, Bulis, Dagenais, Perreault, and Audette for your top two lines. Personally, I like:

Ryder, Koivu, Satan
Dagenais, Ribeiro, Zednik

Old
12-17-2003, 09:11 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
I don't think I would give up Koivu or Zednik to get Satan. But if a deal could be done for something like a good utility man like Sundstrom, a good prospect like Hossa and a 2nd round pick, I'd do it, despite Satan's heavy contract.

Imagine being able to choose from Koivu, Satan, Zednik, Ryder, Ribeiro, Bulis, Dagenais, Perreault, and Audette for your top two lines. Personally, I like:

Ryder, Koivu, Satan
Dagenais, Ribeiro, Zednik
wow Ryder Koivu Satan... I like it A LOT!

Old
12-17-2003, 09:25 AM
hockey_nut

koivu and satan together would be freakin amazing... they'd compliment each other perfectly...

bulis, sundstrom & rivet for him

(doubt they'd take it... just my wish)

Old
12-17-2003, 09:27 AM
Dragon

Sabres will only deal Satan for good and cheap prospect. Something Montreal is not going to give up.

Old
12-17-2003, 09:32 AM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
koivu and satan together would be freakin amazing... they'd compliment each other perfectly...

bulis, sundstrom & rivet for him
Not only would the Sabres not go for that, I think it's giving up too much. You need to keep one of Bulis and Sundstrom. They're both shifty defensive forwards; I'd think the Habs would want to keep one of them.

And as for Rivet, I personally think he will turn it around and prove again his worth to this team. I would sooner give up a prospect and a pick. (But of course no one touches our golden prospects: Komisarek, Kastsitsyn, Higgins, Perezhogin, Hainsey.)

Old
12-17-2003, 09:33 AM
hockey_nut

i'd sure they'd have some interest in something like Bulis, Ward & someone like Lapierre/Plekanec

Old
12-17-2003, 09:34 AM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
i'd sure they'd have some interest in something like Bulis, Ward & someone like Lapierre/Plekanec
Maybe.

Okay, that's enough fantasizing about lines we don't have for me for today.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:08 AM
All-Star

Quote:
You would need to sell your soul to get Satan to play for the Habs...

Sorry... old joke, but I couldn't resist

Old
12-17-2003, 10:09 AM
Guy Caballero

Satan makes 5 mil/year. I'd like to have him, because I think he's an explosive, talented player that would score like a madman on Saku's wing, but I can't see them picking up the bill.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:17 AM
EquabaleAce

Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by All-Star
You would need to sell your soul to get Satan to play for the Habs
that is true.

does anyone really think that the Sabres would really send their best player to a division rival, whom they were neck and neck in a playoff run until they entered their current funk.

espically if the package montreal will give them doesn't improve them right away.

i don't, unless montreal grossly overpays for him and takes on all his sallry, (i don't think the salary is an issue)

Old
12-17-2003, 10:43 AM
Shazbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
that is true.

does anyone really think that the Sabres would really send their best player to a division rival, whom they were neck and neck in a playoff run until they entered their current funk.

espically if the package montreal will give them doesn't improve them right away.

i don't, unless montreal grossly overpays for him and takes on all his sallry, (i don't think the salary is an issue)
Now that's good thinking.

Old
12-17-2003, 10:55 AM
habsfan19

5$ million is a lot to pick up for the Habs, unless we trade something of equal value we don't need to spend more, but the Sabres would most likely want something good and cheap in return like someone said earlier

i like the Satan-Koivu combination though

Old
12-17-2003, 10:58 AM
EquabaleAce

does anyone think that this would be overpaying
perrault + hossa + perezhogan, i don't think that buffalo needs any centermen because they have brier and drury, so someone please elaborate with a counter proposal

Last edited by EquabaleAce: 12-17-2003 at 11:06 AM.
Old
12-17-2003, 12:27 PM
Orange

Quote:
does anyone think that this would be overpaying
perrault + hossa + perezhogan, i don't think that buffalo needs any centermen because they have brier and drury, so someone please elaborate with a counter proposal
I think a deal like this

To Mon : Satan, Biron
To Buf : Hossa, Hainsey, Garon

Would be a better fit for Buffalo's needs.

Old
12-17-2003, 12:43 PM
hockey_nut

no..no..no

if montreal's putting garon in a deal, you can bet hainsey isn't in it

hossa/bulis for him... would probably just about do it... but i'm not gainey, so what the hell do i know?

Old
12-17-2003, 12:55 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I think a deal like this

To Mon : Satan, Biron
To Buf : Hossa, Hainsey, Garon

Would be a better fit for Buffalo's needs.
Are you joking, cause right now you need a serious make up post after this one. You know the name Ryan Miller, one of the best goaltending prospects in the NHL. They do not need a goalie for the future. Garon is definately not a #1 for the now and they have miller for the future. Need to make this post up man.

Old
12-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Démon Blond

I really like Satan too

Zed + Rivet and maybe a pick for Satan, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Of course it would be even better if we could ship Audette too but that's wishful thinking

Last edited by Démon Blond: 12-17-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old
12-17-2003, 01:22 PM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Are you joking, cause right now you need a serious make up post after this one. You know the name Ryan Miller, one of the best goaltending prospects in the NHL. They do not need a goalie for the future. Garon is definately not a #1 for the now and they have miller for the future. Need to make this post up man.
I'm not joking and I don't "need to make this post up" either. Satan won't be a salary dump. This time around, that's not Buffalo's intentions. If Buffalo trades Satan, they will want to get better NOW (not "in the future"). They've pretty much lost confidence in Biron and Miller (as good as he is) is not NHL ready. Garon is an upgrade over Biron and if Noronen can't cope with #1 duty, they have a much better option in Garon than Biron. When Miller is ready, they'll just have a better asset to trade than Biron is.

From Buffalo's standpoint, they are getting rid of two problems. Satan is not producing and Biron is untradable. Think there's a better way to move Biron than a swap like this ? I think not. Now from Montreal's point of view, that might seem like a lot to give, and I'm willing to debate that, but I was very serious in my last post.

Old
12-17-2003, 01:46 PM
EquabaleAce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange
I'm not joking and I don't "need to make this post up" either. Satan won't be a salary dump. This time around, that's not Buffalo's intentions. If Buffalo trades Satan, they will want to get better NOW (not "in the future"). They've pretty much lost confidence in Biron and Miller (as good as he is) is not NHL ready. Garon is an upgrade over Biron and if Noronen can't cope with #1 duty, they have a much better option in Garon than Biron. When Miller is ready, they'll just have a better asset to trade than Biron is.

From Buffalo's standpoint, they are getting rid of two problems. Satan is not producing and Biron is untradable. Think there's a better way to move Biron than a swap like this ? I think not. Now from Montreal's point of view, that might seem like a lot to give, and I'm willing to debate that, but I was very serious in my last post.
i can't really see that deal happening because buffalo doesn't want to add another goalie. also i wouldn't want to move hainsey because we are not that deep at the d position for the future, but we do have alot of forwards in hamilton.

but bringing in a satan only means that another body has to be kept out of the lineup, so hopefuly if a deal were to get done, someone that is on the current roster will have to leave, and i bet they would want some grit and size to compete in the east. my guess is that they would want Ward Hossa (future to replace scoring) and a pick or a mid level prospect.

gainey shouldn't part with ward, however he should try kilger and a high draft (1st) pick along with hossa. that will address the grit factor and mabye hossa will score for them too

still not sure if this is enough though

Old
12-17-2003, 04:08 PM
Habruti!

Quote:
i can't really see that deal happening because buffalo doesn't want to add another goalie. also i wouldn't want to move hainsey because we are not that deep at the d position for the future, but we do have alot of forwards in hamilton.

but bringing in a satan only means that another body has to be kept out of the lineup, so hopefuly if a deal were to get done, someone that is on the current roster will have to leave, and i bet they would want some grit and size to compete in the east. my guess is that they would want Ward Hossa (future to replace scoring) and a pick or a mid level prospect.

gainey shouldn't part with ward, however he should try kilger and a high draft (1st) pick along with hossa. that will address the grit factor and mabye hossa will score for them too

still not sure if this is enough though
I would be willing to give Zednik and Perrault for Satan would put Hossa as well if the return package woudl be slightly higher. Satan would be a big upgrade over Zednik.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:10 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
I would be willing to give Zednik and Perrault for Satan would put Hossa as well if the return package woudl be slightly higher. Satan would be a big upgrade over Zednik.
Yep, I think everyone here will agree that Satan is far more talented, but wouldn't the goal be to add more offence without subtracting what little we have? I for one think two countrymen like Satan and Zednik would really click together. I think we certainly have the prospect depth to make a trade such as this happen.

Old
12-17-2003, 06:16 PM
sandman08

satan - koivu - zed.
wow
that would be a sweet line too heh
and the only way i could see a trade involving the sabres and not over paying would be if BG said something to a western conf team like "if you had satan and wanted to trade him to us.. what would it cost us?" and then go from there and subtly hint that they should make the deal for satan and then trade him or something like that.. kinda like the hackett deal

Closed Thread