HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Byrne interview

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 04:21 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Ryan O'Byrne interview

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

I got the chance to talk to O'Byrne today, it was cool to talk to him about hockey and such, plus I'll get to watch his next game on tv.

Old
12-17-2003, 04:46 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...readed&order=0

I got the chance to talk to O'Byrne today, it was cool to talk to him about hockey and such, plus I'll get to watch his next game on tv.

thanks a lot dan , once again , you did a great job.

off topic question ;would you be able to do an interview with Michel Bergeron ? since a long time , a lot of fans here , are bashing him because he don't like Koivu .I think it will be something very interesting from someone like you whom deserve the respect of all of us , to ask him simply to explain his point of view about Koivu.I am sure that the guy is not so stupid and simply have some reason to explain his point .

Old
12-17-2003, 05:11 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v

thanks a lot dan , once again , you did a great job.

off topic question ;would you be able to do an interview with Michel Bergeron ? since a long time , a lot of fans here , are bashing him because he don't like Koivu .I think it will be something very interesting from someone like you whom deserve the respect of all of us , to ask him simply to explain his point of view about Koivu.I am sure that the guy is not so stupid and simply have some reason to explain his point .

HF only wants interviews that relate to prospects, so I couldn't get it posted. Plus my French is still weak, although slightly improving. Has anyone tried emailing him?

Old
12-17-2003, 05:17 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Hey thanks alot Dan for this interview. Good job.

Quote:
RO: Well I'm a big defenseman, I play a solid physical game, skate well, and make a good first pass. I like to use my size, while being able to help out in both ends of the rink, which is important.
Woah we have an other Komisarek! (OK let's not go crazy here)

Hey Dan did you have a chance to see him play? I was wondering about his hockey sense as IMO this is the most important thing for a Dman. Any thought on that aspect of his game?

Old
12-17-2003, 05:40 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Hey thanks alot Dan for this interview. Good job.

Woah we have an other Komisarek! (OK let's not go crazy here)

Hey Dan did you have a chance to see him play? I was wondering about his hockey sense as IMO this is the most important thing for a Dman. Any thought on that aspect of his game?

No, I'll see him play 3 games shortly. 2 games next week in the everblades tournament.

Old
12-17-2003, 07:06 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
HF only wants interviews that relate to prospects, so I couldn't get it posted. Plus my French is still weak, although slightly improving. Has anyone tried emailing him?
Dan , i wasn't thinking about an article for HF .My idea was more of a kind of interview with the ex coach bergeron to know more about his view of Koivu ;we all know that he's not a player that Bergeron seems to like but it would be nice to know the real reason why it's like that.but all that is only for the fans of this board .

you see , since few weeks , i read a lot of posts about that and i am tired to see all the bashing comments about him , and all the words people put in his mouth: he' stupid , racist , morron , wants Ribiero as # 1 ,etc.because he don't like koivu. Add the pathetic comments like '' french medias manipulation, brainwash ect . i think that's enought.

so my idea was only to know if it was possible for someone who already do interview , and who have the respect of every one here to try to stop all the speculations by asking to the concerned guy ,the simple questions '' what do you think of Koivu or why you don't seems to like him?

about the language , Bergeron is bilingual (coached NY team few years ago )

and by the way , sorry for my bad english ...

Last edited by goalchenyuk: 12-17-2003 at 07:11 PM.
Old
12-17-2003, 11:04 PM
evman150*

Good interview.

I like to be picky, so here goes...

In the question about why he chose Cornell, I believe the response is supposed to read "I chose Cornell because of their academics and their hockey program." Not "I chose Cornell because of their athletics and their hockey program."

The league is known as the BCHL, not the BCJHL. The "J" was dropped several years ago for mysterious reasons.

It's kind of neat to see a kid from Victoria doing well with hockey. We do not exactly have a legacy of great players coming out of this city, so I hope Ryan does well. Also neat is the fact I go to school with Ryan's girlfriend (ex? I don't keep tabs on peoples' relationships...).

Old
12-18-2003, 07:02 AM
Habsaku

O'Byrne seems like a great prospect. I've not heard a single negative thing about him and all he seems to have all the skills and size. Playing in the NCAA will also help him fill out because of their good training programs. Nice to see we've got depth on defense.

EDIT: Oh and great job again!

Old
12-18-2003, 11:54 AM
Darz

Another good article Dan.

Just imagine if he was able to make the jump to the NHL in a few years. SWEET!!

I assume we will have a better idea of his chances of doing that after this year is over.

Closed Thread