HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think the "Change in 07" means?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
  #26
Burgh32
Registered User
 
Burgh32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: S.J
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 500
I think it's more than just the jerseys. I think the website is going to get a new look too.

Burgh32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 01:04 PM
  #27
HckyFght*
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Bethesda, MD
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HckyFght*
I'm a season tickert holder and I sit with a bunch of season ticket holders. We were at that game and we all know that in the next few weeks we're going to get asked to fork over thousands of dollars for next season. When that sign flashed on the scoreboard I could hear all over our section "There better be change coming!" Every single one of us assumed that message was directed at us, and it meant more than the unis and the web site..
-H

HckyFght* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 01:12 PM
  #28
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
There will be changes made to the lineup of course, but that little promo was only about the change in team colors and nothing more.

The Caps would have to be the dumbest team in the world to advertise changes to the team. All that would do is get peoples hopes up and potentially lead to extreme dissapointment if things don't go well this summer.

That promo was about the uni's, it was an attempt to get Caps fans excited about something.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 08:25 AM
  #29
The Dude
Registered User
 
The Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17 View Post
There will be changes made to the lineup of course, but that little promo was only about the change in team colors and nothing more.

The Caps would have to be the dumbest team in the world to advertise changes to the team. All that would do is get peoples hopes up and potentially lead to extreme dissapointment if things don't go well this summer.

That promo was about the uni's, it was an attempt to get Caps fans excited about something.
But Leonsis and GMGM have already been uncharacteristically vocal about their intentions to make serious changes to the team this offseason. After the past three years, they need to raise hopes if they want to give season ticket holders a reason to come back.

The Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:15 AM
  #30
Kegger
Registered User
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 500
As Ted has already stated, "few."

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:27 AM
  #31
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
Change is 07 means new jerseys in June and an active offseason, bringing in improvements to the team. It means the team's goals now include a playoff spot in 2007-08, whereas it would have been a nice bonus to go along with continued player development in 2006-07.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:33 AM
  #32
Marshall
The OMalley Sellouts
 
Marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Old Town Alexandria
Posts: 11,966
vCash: 50
From A View From The Cheap Seats' interview with Leonsis:

"T(ed) L(eonsis): Well...I think the ‘Change is Coming’ was more emblematic of a whole new Washington Capitals. We struggled to get into our new building [in Ballston], we moved in about a month ago and even though the building was up and the guys were skating they didn’t have their locker room. We weren’t in the office yet so that shift is starting. A lot of these new marketing campaigns were going, so there's that. We’ve been very public by saying now is the time to try and improve the team a little bit more aggressively.

You know, I would expect that the rumors that are out there about new colors are probably true."

Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 06:03 PM
  #33
RandyHolt
Capitals Station
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,703
vCash: 1300
From the recent history i would say it mean lets save seven million and change but not signing any over priced free agents

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:33 AM
  #34
BTCG
Registered User
 
BTCG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heshootshescores View Post
I have no data points or articles that state such plans one way or another, I don't agree with this statement. If you have anything please show or let us know what brings along this thought.

I followed Staal last year about as closely as I could from my computer . He was the one I wanted all last year and I was really disappointed when things started coming together along the end of the season that Pitt liked him #2. Never during that time did I hear one person say he was NHL-ready. All I ever heard was no one was for sure and maybe, just maybe Kessel and Backstrom.

Second, all I heard was surprise when he made the team but, enjoy your 10 days kid. I remember hearing Jordon mention that his brother just told him to enjoy his time and work hard, cause that's all he could control.

Then, when the 10 game keep or reassign decision point was coming up for Staal and Letang, people said it was pretty gutsy of the Pens to keep him up cause its early in the season, no one expected the Pens to compete, and here they are burning one of his RFA years early especially given that now Malkin and him will hit UFA together a year after Sid.

Now this is just my recollection. Not trying to jump on you but would like to hear why you remember opposite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by HockeyCritter
The only reason Staal even got a shot at the NHL roster is because Recchi injured Malkin just before the season began. If that didn’t happen, Staal gets sent back to juniors and the Pens have a different season.

Credit the boy for making the most of an opportunity.


The Pens plans for Stahl had nothing to do with Malkin, and to claim that they did is pure Critter fiction:

"The Penguins announced Monday that Staal, who has four goals, would not be returned to the junior Peterborough Petes, so the young talents will develop together."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...30_184722_5024

Anyone who watched Hockey Night In Canada knows what happened. Grapes (that's Don Cherry's nickname, HC) made the 'Jordan Stahl update' a weekly feature on Coaches Corner early on.


Last edited by BTCG: 04-16-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: tooLittleCoffee = PoorSpelling
BTCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:18 AM
  #35
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
Keeping Staal was something I definitely don't think GMGM would have had the balls to do.

I wonder if any of our guys can earn a spot on the team through 9 games.

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:39 AM
  #36
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTCG View Post
The Pens plans for Stahl had nothing to do with Malkin, and to claim that they did is pure Critter fiction:

"The Penguins announced Monday that Staal, who has four goals, would not be returned to the junior Peterborough Petes, so the young talents will develop together."

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...30_184722_5024

Anyone who watched Hockey Night In Canada knows what happened. Grapes (that's Don Cherry's nickname, HC) made the 'Jordan Stahl update' a weekly feature on Coaches Corner early on.
What does this have anything to do with what I wrote?

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:08 AM
  #37
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,096
vCash: 500
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...041601365.html


And the first change is...

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:33 AM
  #38
Kegger
Registered User
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:34 AM
  #39
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
I honestly have no problem with this, however I know some people will act like it is the end of the world.

I actually wish the would up the price on some more seats. I know that sounds weird but I wish all the upper level seats were only two price's. The ends being one price and the sides being another. This way the upper level wouldn't be so spread out and it would make the atmosphere in the building much better. I know the Jacksonville Jaguars had a simular problem with the fans in the upper level being spread out and decided to block out certain sections so fans would be more together and it did wonders for the atmosphere at the games (i think that was pointed out by someone on these boards a while ago).

I wish they would just make all tickets on a side 22 bucks, instead of having some 27 and ones slightly higher 17.

And the def need to get rid of the eagles nest which simply doesn't work anyway. Most of those tickets get bought by scalpers before students get a chance to get them (at least for the good games anyway).

But back to this little change, its no big deal to me as I think everyone should pay the same price for their tickets. The longer you have been a season ticket holder should mean something, for events and choice of seating. But the price levels should all be the same IMO. Inflation sucks, but it should suck for everyone.


Last edited by Jasper17: 04-17-2007 at 11:39 AM.
Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 01:39 PM
  #40
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,096
vCash: 500
I was only posting it.

Ticket price changes are a fact of life as far as I'm concerned. Those end seats should be the same price honestly.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 01:44 PM
  #41
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
I was only posting it.

Ticket price changes are a fact of life as far as I'm concerned. Those end seats should be the same price honestly.
sorry, i think I just assume that whatever my opinion on something is you have the exact opposite. Apparently that is not always the case.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 10:15 AM
  #42
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Just checked out the new seating chart and prices, so far I like the changes. There doesn't seem to be a price difference for how high up you sit, which means everyone will be close and a much better atmosphere at games (someone must be listening ). Although I don't know why they decided to make the upper level corners cheaper than the ends? That means the 22 dollar seats are only one section away from the 50 dollar seats.

And I am going to assume that the blue and red the Caps used on the lower level in their seating chart is the "updated" blue and red they will use in the uniforms. If that is so I like it.

edit: I assume most have seen it, but just in case here is the link to the new seating chart.
http://www.washingtoncaps.com/tickets/plans.asp

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 10:41 AM
  #43
Drake1588
UNATCO
 
Drake1588's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 27,864
vCash: 500
At a glance, the season ticket price for the mezzanine corners near the glass and nearest the middle, is a ridiculously good bargain... what, something like a base of $574? Good stuff.

It could be hard to resist at that price, even if I skip a dozen games.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
  #44
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
At a glance, the season ticket price for the mezzanine corners near the glass and nearest the middle, is a ridiculously good bargain... what, something like a base of $574? Good stuff.

It could be hard to resist at that price, even if I skip a dozen games.
I agree, i can't see why a season ticket holder in the upper level wouldn't jump at those. Especially anyone with season tickets in sections432, 429, 422, 419, 415, 412, 405, or 402.

There does seem to be some areas above the 429, 428, 423, 422, 412,411,406 and 405 sections in blue that may be reserved as eagles nest. Its good that they limited those seats though, and hopefully they will make it so those seats can only by purchased at the window so they keep them out of the hands of scalpers (which is where 80% of them used to go) and in the hands of kids that can't afford expensive seats. I know we are never going to get rid of scalpers, but at least make them pay full price. Because that is more money for the team, and in the long run it will help keep ticket prices from going up.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:33 AM
  #45
WashCapsfan4life8
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17 View Post
I agree, i can't see why a season ticket holder in the upper level wouldn't jump at those. Especially anyone with season tickets in sections432, 429, 422, 419, 415, 412, 405, or 402.

There does seem to be some areas above the 429, 428, 423, 422, 412,411,406 and 405 sections in blue that may be reserved as eagles nest. Its good that they limited those seats though, and hopefully they will make it so those seats can only by purchased at the window so they keep them out of the hands of scalpers (which is where 80% of them used to go) and in the hands of kids that can't afford expensive seats. I know we are never going to get rid of scalpers, but at least make them pay full price. Because that is more money for the team, and in the long run it will help keep ticket prices from going up.

Are you saying that they should leave the tickets to the kids that cant afford them? because then I totally agree with you

WashCapsfan4life8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:44 AM
  #46
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WashCapsfan4life8 View Post
Are you saying that they should leave the tickets to the kids that cant afford them? because then I totally agree with you
yes, let kids buy them at the window or heaven forbid you actually get sales people out to rinks and sell them to kids at young hockey games/tournaments.

Because when they sell them online the only ones who get them are scalpers. Or at least do something to limit how many of those seats people can buy online, lets say 4 per person or something like that.

The worst was that horrible idea that let people buy 4 or more eagles nest seats for 5 bucks each, that gave scalpers half off their orders. Who knows maybe even scalper sales were down and they were marketing twords them?

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 09:53 AM
  #47
WashCapsfan4life8
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17 View Post
yes, let kids buy them at the window or heaven forbid you actually get sales people out to rinks and sell them to kids at young hockey games/tournaments.

Because when they sell them online the only ones who get them are scalpers. Or at least do something to limit how many of those seats people can buy online, lets say 4 per person or something like that.

The worst was that horrible idea that let people buy 4 or more eagles nest seats for 5 bucks each, that gave scalpers half off their orders. Who knows maybe even scalper sales were down and they were marketing twords them?
Ok good cuz at first i took it the wrong way thought u said take it away from kids that cant afford it. sorry about that im just a lil grouchy (spellcheck?) today because my twin brother who is a baby stays up all night watching the ducks game and screaming and ranting about it. lol u try to put up with him ull go crazy.

But yea thats a great idea. thanks for sharing it cuz i never really thought about it that way before and i can barely afford to go to caps games

WashCapsfan4life8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 08:28 AM
  #48
Kegger
Registered User
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 500
Time to change the diapers. If they aren't maturing, lets start weeding them out while some still carry the "prospect" label.
i.e. Klepis, Flash, Novo, even Sutherby....

Need to piece together some hard working veteran/leadership.

Sure would love to see a top line of
Ovy-Handzus-Zubrus (sorry folks, Zubie is better on the wing...)

Not sure what impresses me with Nagy, but this guy can still score at the playoff level....despite his size and soft skating...

Need a PPQB.
Timonen? Markov?

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 11:20 AM
  #49
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
I'm thinking no zubrus and no handzus, sorry

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 11:51 AM
  #50
Kegger
Registered User
 
Kegger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Texas
Country: Chile
Posts: 2,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
I'm thinking no zubrus and no handzus, sorry
We can hope....

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.