HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Meanwhile on 110 %...

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2003, 07:28 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Meanwhile on 110 %...

Pierre Rinfret says that there is some rumours heard around the Bell Centre that Gainey is discussing a trade with the Isles: Koivu-Peca.

Can't be.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:30 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
I stopped reading at Rinfret

Old
12-16-2003, 07:31 PM
Dripper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Pierre Rinfret says that there is some rumours heard around the Bell Centre that Gainey is discussing a trade with the Isles: Koivu-Peca.

Can't be.

I hate Rinfret, he traded Koivu to almost every team since the beginning of the year. I just can't stand him, I really think he should fire his source :mad:

Old
12-16-2003, 07:33 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dripper
I hate Rinfret, he traded Koivu to almost every team since the beginning of the year. I just can't stand him, I really think he should fire his source :mad:
Then he'd be laying off his imaginary friend...

Old
12-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Maxhab

Quote:

Can't be.
I saw this as well, I dont see how this trade makes sense for either team, the Islanders cut no salary by doing this and the habs gain no offense, im also tired of these pinheads on 110 and their insinutations that Ribs is better than Koivu, give me a break.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhab
[...] I'm also tired of these pinheads on 110 and their insinutations that Ribs is better than Koivu, give me a break.
Seriously. What the frigg is Bergeron talking about with his 'Koivu is #2 center in Montreal and he will be a #2 center in NY'?

Old
12-16-2003, 07:39 PM
Guy!

I'm shocked he'd even make that one up (and let's be real, he made it up) because Peca just isn't French enough for him.

I think the 110% title actually refers to the percentage of fecal matter these individuals are made of.

TQS should be embarassed and no wonder the Habs went all with RDS when you get these vacuous pimples deriding the club every chance they get. You wanna know where half the Hab problems come from look no further than the ridiculous Montreal Press - including in no small part the wheezebags from 110%. You watch that and you can see bigotry at its finest.

ACF

Old
12-16-2003, 07:40 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
The Isles would probably dump some salary with other players, they mentionned Parrish and it would make sense.

Parrish is on the trade market but no one made any reasonable offers for him so far.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:42 PM
Dripper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Buoy
Seriously. What the frigg is Bergeron talking about with his 'Koivu is #2 center in Montreal and he will be a #2 center in NY'?
I think he means that Koivu has 2nd center-ice time in Montreal (18-19 mins/game) while most 1st line center play 21-22mins/game (to be confirmed though..i havent verified that out yet)

Old
12-16-2003, 07:43 PM
Maxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Buoy
This suprises you? Bergeron takes every chance to attack Koivu and say that hes not the best foward on the team and more crap. Heres the thing, is Koivu more of a number two center than a number one center? yes he is IMO, HOWEVER in Montreal he is the #1 center by far, Koivu can turn it on during a game a buzz around the offensive zone creating all kinds of offense chances, I havent seen Ribs do that.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:45 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxhab
This suprises you? Bergeron takes every chance to attack Koivu and say that hes not the best foward on the team and more crap. Heres the thing, is Koivu more of a number two center than a number one center? yes he is IMO, HOWEVER in Montreal he is the #1 center by far, Koivu can turn it on during a game a buzz around the offensive zone creating all kinds of offense chances, I havent seen Ribs do that.
Weird, I've seen Ribs do it plenty of times, including tonight.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:48 PM
Guillermo

Send a message via AIM to Guillermo Send a message via Yahoo to Guillermo
Rinfret should focus on his new restaurant rather than these bogus rumours. These guys are clueless and it's so frustrating because they do have good TV ratings.

Seriously, does anyone here believe (like them) that Koivu is unhappy in Montréal, that he doesn't like Ribeiro, etc.?

Old
12-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bûcheron
Seriously, does anyone here believe (like them) that Koivu is unhappy in Montréal, that he doesn't like Ribeiro, etc.?
You haven't seen his face tonight when he didn't start on the 5 mins powerplay have you?

Old
12-16-2003, 07:51 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
I stopped reading at Rinfret

Old
12-16-2003, 07:51 PM
Maxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bûcheron
Rinfret should focus on his new restaurant rather than these bogus rumours. These guys are clueless and it's so frustrating because they do have good TV ratings.

Its the stupid reasons they give, "Koivu looked pissed cause he wasent on the ice at the start of the 5 minute PP, hes unhappy", well duh he wants to help the team win and wants to be on the ice all the time like any good player.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:52 PM
nikrag03*

Send a message via MSN to nikrag03*
Quote:

Can't be.

I think they are becoming so anti-Koivu it's ridiculous... The even said that he's the Canadiens #2 center.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:53 PM
Raskolnikov76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Weird, I've seen Ribs do it plenty of times, including tonight.
Yup.

That doesn't mean Koivu sucks. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'll admit he's probably our best player *right now*. he's also good defensively, work hard, fast, etc..

But based only on offensive creativity, i think Ribeiro could be considered our best player by the end of the year (if it's not already).

Also, things to consider. Maybe it's just gossip, but there's more and more stories about rivalry between the Koivu-Rivet clique and the Theodore-Ribeiro clique, if the "supposed" problems in the locker room gets worst, well they'll have to choose between the two cliques, and i say we should keep the Theo-Ribs one for now and the future.

But Peca for Koivu is not enough. I don't know what is Koivu value on the market but he's the more talented player of the two. Let's say Koivu and Rivet for Peca and Hamrlik and I answer "done deal".

Old
12-16-2003, 07:56 PM
Malakhov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76
But Peca for Koivu is not enough. I don't know what is Koivu value on the market but he's the more talented player of the two. Let's say Koivu and Rivet for Peca and Hamrlik and I answer "done deal".
I'd prefer Peca and Parrish.

Old
12-16-2003, 07:57 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76
Yup.

That doesn't mean Koivu sucks. I'm not his biggest fan, but i'll admit he's probably our best player *right now*. he's also good defensively, work hard, fast, etc..

But based only on offensive creativity, i think Ribeiro could be considered our best player by the end of the year (if it's not already).

Also, things to consider. Maybe it's just gossip, but there's more and more stories about rivalry between the Koivu-Rivet clique and the Theodore-Ribeiro clique, if the "supposed" problems in the locker room gets worst, well they'll have to choose between the two cliques, and i say we should keep the Theo-Ribs one for now and the future.

I know Koivu is an unhappy camper (the guys on 110 % aren't the only ones whispering this...all of the beat writers do give some hints about this), but you can't trade him right now. I mean, trading another captain? It's jinxing the C...

Old
12-16-2003, 07:58 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

I was at my last hope.... Now I wish for the well of Saku that he gets traded away. It's the first time in my life that I want a such good human being to get away from here. But now it's more obvious that he's not welcome anymore. Plus he's not surrounded with good players. I hope he'll end up somewhere he could feed some great snipers. Just to prove all his bashers wrong. Oh and also laugh at how well our superstar Ribeiro leads the offense of the troops. :mad:

Old
12-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Don't worry, BG is in charge. There's no way he's gonna cave into what the french media wants. Those times are done here. It's his way and that is all.

Last edited by Marc the Habs Fan: 12-16-2003 at 08:07 PM.
Old
12-16-2003, 08:02 PM
SUOMI

I don't want to see Koivu leave, but I would like to see him on the same team than Niinimaa... , but the best way to see that is to bring Janne in mtl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or to watch team finland at the olympics... )

Old
12-16-2003, 08:04 PM
deandebean

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax²+bx+c
I was at my last hope.... Now I wish for the well of Saku that he gets traded away. It's the first time in my life that I want a such good human being to get away from here. But now it's more obvious that he's not welcome anymore. Plus he's not surrounded with good players. I hope he'll end up somewhere he could feed some great snipers. Just to prove all his bashers wrong. Oh and also laugh at how well our superstar Ribeiro leads the offense of the troops. :mad:
I don't believe he's a 1st line centerman myself, and I don't think he not well surrounded. In fact, Ryder digs most of the pucks out of the corner these days. Koivu should be happy to have him on his line. Besides, Koivu has slowed down a lot. Still, I can't fathom a trade like that, unless we get HUGE returns.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Tuggy

If I was Koivu I wouldn't be happy either...all the Montreal media spews out is how better Ribs is then him. I'm sure if he is truely unhappy in Montreal but he does seem a little different then usual. Watching his post-game comments he seems down all the time, even if they win. I blame it all on the French media for over-hyping Ribs as our saving grace that is going to bring us Lord Stanley. Ribs is OK but he is far from a superstar. He only knows one end of the rink but with Koivu you get the full package. If I had to choose there would be no question in my mind who I would keep and I just hope that the management doesn't get caught up in the Mike Ribeiro hype.

That being said he is our leading scorer, so I gotta give him props on that BUt most of his points came at the start of the year. Also does anyone else notice how Zednik's play fell off the charts since he was paired with Ribs? It looks to me like Zednik doesn't like playing with Ribeiro and hardly puts forth any effort.

Old
12-16-2003, 08:06 PM
Habsolument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
I'd prefer Peca and Parrish.
I'd prefer that too, but I just wouldn't make the deal at all. Those guys at 110% are so biased it's not funny anymore. The sh** all started when Jean Pagé became the animater. Now it's only pro-quebecers speeches and how this team's best players are Ribeiro and Théo. Ribs is always creative, making the perfect play and all, even when he actually sucked in the game. But what I didn't like tonight is that they didn't even mention Ryder's play or Komi's. I thought Bergeron would praise him for his HUGE check but nothing. And yeah it's sad that they get so much TV ratings

Closed Thread