HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

ESPN 2night

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

vCash: 500
ESPN 2night

Both Barry and Chicken Parm say "Eh" to Rangers making playoffs...

Old
12-17-2003, 09:55 PM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger
Both Barry and Chicken Parm say "Eh" to Rangers making playoffs...

this just in......the rangers suck!!!

Old
12-17-2003, 10:07 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

Actually, I was surprised that Barry thinks that the Rangers are going to make it...he is usually pretty critical of the Rangers, especially when they are sucking.

Maybe he's just kissing up incase Sather wants to hire a coach

Old
12-18-2003, 02:01 AM
LondonFan

Ive been sick so I was up at 4am watching that, interesting that they both feel the Rangers are the most talented team in the East. Go figure.

Old
12-18-2003, 03:48 AM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFan
Ive been sick so I was up at 4am watching that, interesting that they both feel the Rangers are the most talented team in the East. Go figure.
Don't they say that every year? By inference, they also say it's the most heartless team in the East.

Old
12-18-2003, 05:29 AM
Jackson Ranger

Quote:
Chelios was asked which team he didn't want to face in the playoffs and after stating he didn't want to mention a Western Conference team due to raising their confidence level, he picked the Rangers. He feels they have the most talent in the East.

Maybe these guys took too many pucks to the melon?!!!

Old
12-18-2003, 07:22 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger
Chelios was asked which team he didn't want to face in the playoffs and after stating he didn't want to mention a Western Conference team due to raising their confidence level, he picked the Rangers. He feels they have the most talent in the East.

Maybe these guys took too many pucks to the melon?!!!

Well maybe Chelios wants to be a Ranger when he is an UFA. And you know Sather will offer a good contract.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:38 AM
LiquidClown

Send a message via ICQ to LiquidClown Send a message via AIM to LiquidClown
I really hope Dale isn't in the lineup tonight then I dont' want to hear...

"PurinGGGton"

Old
12-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidClown
I really hope Dale isn't in the lineup tonight then I dont' want to hear...

"PurinGGGton"
Hehe, at least we know "Mal-hor-tra" won't be skating. Want to start a pool on how many times he calls Rucinsky "Barnaby"? [Read the whole number, Gary!]

Old
12-18-2003, 07:58 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Man, at this point, I could almose swear that Melrose and Parm are being told by the ESPN brass to talk up the Rangers as a playoff team. ESPN's obsession with New York and the west coast teams is just sickening. They broadcast bunches of games featuring the Rangers and then wonder why ratings are so low for hockey.

No offense to the Rangers, but they're just not playing a fun brand of hockey right now. ESPN is so afraid we Americans simply won't watch a Canadian club--I guarantee you one broadcast of an Ottawa/Toronto smackdown match and ratings would go up. They've even tried some lame advertising campaign to try and capitalize on our supposed jingoism. "ESPN Hockey, Made In America, Delivered On Thursdays."

UGH.

I'd like to think Melrose and Ferraro know their stuff--that's why I think they're being coerced. Heck, even players on the Rangers roster don't think they're playoff-worthy right now.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:06 AM
rangers

Quote:
w00t? You`ve got ESPN in UK?

Last edited by rangers: 12-18-2003 at 08:19 AM.
Old
12-18-2003, 08:11 AM
Servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
Man, at this point, I could almose swear that Melrose and Parm are being told by the ESPN brass to talk up the Rangers as a playoff team. ESPN's obsession with New York and the west coast teams is just sickening. They broadcast bunches of games featuring the Rangers and then wonder why ratings are so low for hockey.

No offense to the Rangers, but they're just not playing a fun brand of hockey right now. ESPN is so afraid we Americans simply won't watch a Canadian club--I guarantee you one broadcast of an Ottawa/Toronto smackdown match and ratings would go up. They've even tried some lame advertising campaign to try and capitalize on our supposed jingoism. "ESPN Hockey, Made In America, Delivered On Thursdays."

UGH.

I'd like to think Melrose and Ferraro know their stuff--that's why I think they're being coerced. Heck, even players on the Rangers roster don't think they're playoff-worthy right now.
I don't like ESPN any more than you do, but this is only the second or third Ranger game they've put on all year (that's the only way I get to see the Rangers here in DC). Its the Avs and Red Wings they really like to cram down our throats. I'd like to see more Ottawa and Western Canada games.

In addition, I thought tonight was supposed to be national coverage of the NYI-NYR game, and now I see its a split broadcast with the Blues. They'd better put the Rangers on here in the DC area.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:44 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo
I don't like ESPN any more than you do, but this is only the second or third Ranger game they've put on all year (that's the only way I get to see the Rangers here in DC). Its the Avs and Red Wings they really like to cram down our throats. I'd like to see more Ottawa and Western Canada games.

In addition, I thought tonight was supposed to be national coverage of the NYI-NYR game, and now I see its a split broadcast with the Blues. They'd better put the Rangers on here in the DC area.
Well, I agree that broadcasting too many Avs games or Red Wings games isn't likely going to draw more fan interest. And we're agreed that showing a Canadian club wouldn't be a bad idea. Any time the Leafs or Habs show up here in Pepsi Center droves of people show up wearing those teams' jerseys. It isn't just a Canadian thing, and ESPN has to realize this.

But I'll agree that if there's ONE game that deserves national broadcasting, it's the Isles/Rangers tilt.

Old
12-18-2003, 09:34 AM
Laches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo

---Yeah, the definitely need more different teams on ESPN, but I don't see how you can say they're coast-obsessed. It seems to me that virtually every game they televise involves Detroit, Colorado, Dallas or St. Louis. Even Chicago has been on a few times.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:54 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

I, too, am limited only to Ranger games shown on ESPN.

Imagine my surprise when the Isles/Rangers game came on tonight! I thought for sure that the St Louis Game would be shown in this region...Maybe having the NHL back in Minny has changed North Dakota's regional lines or something.

Closed Thread