HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Johan Fransson

Old
04-11-2007, 06:54 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
Johan Fransson

We've been so invested in the debut of Jack Johnson, but I am wondering about this guy and the Kings plans for him.

Next year, you have to figure Petiot, Harrold, and Piskula will all be battling for spots in the show, but it would be sweet if Manchester had some of those guys plus guys like Ryan and Fransson. Seems like the Monarchs always only has about 2-3 of the Kings top prospects on defense and the rest AHL/ECHL players.

Would be cool if Man's top 6 included guys like Petiot, Harrold, Ryan, Frannson, Piskula and even Hersley....

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Mindcircus

He's sort of been the forgotten guy around here. Did Dallas give up on him or does he have some good potential?

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 07:55 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus View Post
He's sort of been the forgotten guy around here. Did Dallas give up on him or does he have some good potential?
Apparently he looked good about two or so years ago and has had a bit of a rough go of things since...maybe DL was thinking he'd benefit from coming over to the AHL next season. I'm thinking the scouts may have given DL some reason to trade for him.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcircus View Post
I think that it's accurate to say that they "gave up on him" to the same extent that the Kings did with Pushkarev. That's why it was a good swap for both teams. There's still NHL potential for each player, but the chances were dwindling fairly quickly and each team took the opportunity to get something for them while they still had some value to another organization.

He's 22, so he needs to come over to the AHL now if he's ever going to, so I would certainly imagine that Lombardi will be trying to sign him this Summer.

BTW, if he actually makes it to the Kings, it'll be interesting (to say the least) having a Johan Fransson and a Johan Franzen (Red Wings) in the league.

Last edited by Osprey: 04-11-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Next year, you have to figure Petiot, Harrold, and Piskula will all be battling for spots in the show, but it would be sweet if Manchester had some of those guys plus guys like Ryan and Fransson. Seems like the Monarchs always only has about 2-3 of the Kings top prospects on defense and the rest AHL/ECHL players.

Would be cool if Man's top 6 included guys like Petiot, Harrold, Ryan, Frannson, Piskula and even Hersley....
What you're hoping for could totally happen, Johnny.

Signing deadlines for all Kings defense prospects

June 1, 2007

Joey Ryan and Ryan McGinnis have played four years in the CHL and thus are ready to sign pro contracts for Manchester unless they decide to return to their clubs to serve as over-agers.

June 15, 2007

Patrik Hersley needs to be signed by June 15th because he's a European player and it's been two years since his draft year. The contract he originally agreed to last summer was (to my knowledge) voided by the NHL for being submitted the day after the signing deadline last year.

June 15, 2008

Niclas Andersen (Leksands IF - Sweden)
Johan Fransson (Frolunda - Sweden)

August 15, 2008

Paul Baier (Brown University)

August 15, 2009

Josh Meyers (University of Minnesota-Duluth)

June 1, 2009

T.J. Fast (Tri-City Americans WHL)

August 15, 2011

Martin Nolet (University of Massachusetts)

EDIT: Fixed T.J. Fast info per Sam.

Last edited by Primakov!: 04-11-2007 at 09:31 PM.
Primakov! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 08:46 PM
palffytofrovlov

Question I believe Fast needs to sign this year. He left College hockey, I dont think we have to wait till 2010 to sign him. He is now playing in the CHL.

palffytofrovlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
riseandfall9

Hersley is already signed with the Kings. They just missed the deadline for him to come over.

Anderssons father told us that he would be signing with the Kings as soon as his season in SEL is over.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by palffytofrovlov View Post
Question I believe Fast needs to sign this year. He left College hockey, I dont think we have to wait till 2010 to sign him. He is now playing in the CHL.
If you're referring to the loophole of how college players who play in the CHL become free agents, I believe they closed that venue in the newest CBA. I don't think they'd have been so supportive of David Meckler's decision to move from Yale to the London Knights in the OHL if that were the case, but still, I'll give the CBA a look-see later tonight just in case...

And you don't NEED to wait until these dates to sign any prospect. Heck, you could sign them tomorrow if that was your prerogative.

Old
04-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Primakov!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseandfall9 View Post
Hersley is already signed with the Kings. They just missed the deadline for him to come over.

Anderssons father told us that he would be signing with the Kings as soon as his season in SEL is over.
Ah. I'd actually heard from others that the contract was voided, so I noted it as such.

Old
04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by palffytofrovlov View Post
The Van Ryn loophole was closed. Per CBA Article 8.6 (C) (II), the Kings have "until the fourth June 1st following his selection in the Entry Draft." Since Fast was drafted in 2005, the Kings have until June 1st, 2009.

Sam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2007, 10:14 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
Ah. I'd actually heard from others that the contract was voided, so I noted it as such.
Sounds good. Al Murray told us he was signed. But maybe it was voided. This was last training camp. Maybe we are both right

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 01:05 AM
treize_kushrenada

... i read somewhere that johans play has decline due to some personal issues... mainly, he became a father.. i guess part of the reason is that, mentally, it drains you out.. sometimes hockey takes a seat back when it comes to family.. i hope he does get his head together and hopefully reaches his potential.. it would be sweet to have him, t.j, ryan, mcginnis, nic anderson and pat hersley patrolling the blueline for manchester next year.. and by 2008, one or a few of them will be patrolling the KINGS blueline...

treize_kushrenada is offline   Reply With Quote