HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Hockey stick help

Old
04-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Boulette Cannon

vCash: 500
OT - Hockey stick help

Ok, I need to find a stick that is lightweight but has the feel of wood. I was thinking about getting a TPS Response hockey shaft with replaceable blades because I tried a TPS Response Lite (Tkachuk) pro stock and really fell in love (that thing is sooo light) but it was to expensive for my budget (249$ CAD). Right now I'm playing a Easton Synergy 200 (70$ CAD) one piece but its heavy (570g) and chips ALOT.

Any options considering I'm aiming for the TPS Response lite but for less $$$.

ps. I really also like the idea of having one shaft and the possibility of just changing blades instead of the whole hockey.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Qui Gon Dave

I'm not completely up to speed with this product but the Mission sticks with the VDS blades are said to feel like a wooden stick only they are composite. From what I'm aware, they are only included in one piece sticks right now although I have heard mention that Mission were going to do the VDS blades seperately. Not sure what the price of any relative products would be I'm afraid but it might be something worth looking into. I've also heard people praise the old Hex-1 and I think I heard some positive comments on the new Fuel stick as well. Not used any Mission sticks for a while myself, been using an Innovative Novius shaft with Inno/Warrior blades. Love the durability of the shaft and I get about 9-10 months use out of the each blade. Not sure if they would have quite the feel you are looking for though.

Hope you find a good stick though, I've been absolutely chuffed since I got my Novius around 18+ months ago. Having the right stick helps so much, physically and mentally.

Edit -

It might be worth asking the same question on the Rink Board here at HFBoards or at ModSquadHockey which really covers hockey equipment in depth.

Last edited by Qui Gon Dave: 04-12-2007 at 02:40 PM.
Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Boulette Cannon

Thanks, I'll look into the mission and the innovative shafts

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 02:55 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGGINS! View Post
Thanks, I'll look into the mission and the innovative shafts
You are unlikely to have any luck with Innovative. They were bought out and are now sold under the name Warrior. Most of the products Warrior sell are just old Innovatives (the design at least, not neccessarily the construction) with new paint if I understand correctly but they are still good products. Inno made sticks for a bunch of different companies too. I think it was the Bauer XXX was an Inno under the paint and there were a few more I can't recall right now. If you are looking into Warrior products though, from all I've heard, the best performance/value/durability is to be found in the Dolomite shaft/blade series. If you get a chance to check them out in person, make sure that it is a Dolomite and not something else with the same paint job. I've been told if you pop the end cap on a Warrior product (at the end you hold) there should be some marking or sticker inside indicating what the stick was when it was originally made. For full details of all this, do a search on ModSquadHockey, there are lots of details about it scattered around there. But I think if you can check them out in person when buying, you should be fine. Warrior sure create a lot of marketing hype but as they are based on Inno products, you get a decent product.

Hope that is of some use and not too confusing

Old
04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
brownman*

The best sticks in the world are found at Canadian Tire and they are any Sher-Wood emblazened with the name "LeClair". Unfortunately I don't think they make them anymore (with LeClair's name) so I guess you're out of luck because I wouldn't sell mine for all the Synergys in the world

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownman View Post
The best sticks in the world are found at Canadian Tire and they are any Sher-Wood emblazened with the name "LeClair". Unfortunately I don't think they make them anymore (with LeClair's name) so I guess you're out of luck because I wouldn't sell mine for all the Synergys in the world
Was it a popular blade pattern? If so, they probably still make that pattern but just sell it under a different name. Don't get so many Sherwood sticks over here, never really seen many about. Seen numerous people in N. America using them though. As for Synergys, is there a spitting in disgust smilie?

Old
04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
brownman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Was it a popular blade pattern? If so, they probably still make that pattern but just sell it under a different name. Don't get so many Sherwood sticks over here, never really seen many about. Seen numerous people in N. America using them though. As for Synergys, is there a spitting in disgust smilie?
Nah there was no real popularity of them from what I saw, I just had so much personal success with the "LeClair", I was probably just inspired since Johnny boy was my favorite player growing up

And I'm with you all the way on Synergys, pieces of garbage

brownman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
They are really indestructible!
I even kill squirel with it and I am still able to slapshot no problemo with mine.

14.99$ at Canadian Tire...
Ahhh, that was the good time were beer quantity was more important than stick type in a hockey game.

Bob Bastards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 05:23 PM
Reuben

Mission makes good skates as well, my rollerblades are Mission and i love them, light weight, good feel and decent protection. I still like wood sticks better, i've tried some composite ones ,but they just don't feel as good as my Sherwood featherlite 5030. they are alot cheaper about 30-35 dollars here.

there's nothing funnier than seeing someones 200$ dollar composite stick breaking in half. unless you can afford to keep buying new ones of course.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 05:41 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Sher-Wood are the best sticks in the world

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Quiet Robert

Nice to see other people like the Sher-wood sticks.

I used the Sher-wood PMP "Coffey" with 85 flex for a long time. Great stick. Probably should have had a stiffer stick, but it had a great curve and never broke.

Sher-woods were/are awesome.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Reuben

the only sherwoods i ever had a problem with are the 5010's they tended to snap in the middle routinely. ever other kind of sherwood i got my money's worth out of and more. i like the bondra curve personally.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote