HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pred fans, Dunham question?

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 08:37 AM
drewcon40

vCash: 500
Pred fans, Dunham question?

This week, the NY Post had a story on Mike Dunham ("Don't Blame Me")

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/43924.htm

I view the Pred board sometimes but I must admit, I had no idea Dunham was a locker room problem with Nashville. When Nashville would play the Rangers, MSG network would interview Mike Dunham frequently (they would mostly talk about his breif New Jersey career).

Anyway, if you folks do not mind, could someone clue me in on Mike Dunham's problems in Nashville.

Was there a goalie controversy with Voukon?
Was he a problem in the locker room?
What was your reaction to the Zidlicky, Murray, Kloucek trade?

As NYR fans, we knew Zidlicky was a promising prospect but didn't expect the season he is having for you.

Kloucek is the guy that no one wanted to give up. As you guys saw, he is pretty injury prone but played a mean game.

Rem Murray was solid but was not here long.

Dunham carried the Rangers in October to mid November but has looked average at best lately.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:42 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I'm not knowledgeable about the locker room problems, but IMO the zidlicky/murray/kloucek for dunham trade was one of the best and most gutsy trades Nashville has made.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:50 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
I won't say Dunham didn't take the blame for bad play in Nashville, but Tomas Vokoun, however, takes the blame on almost every goal. Bad bounces are a part of hockey and as a goalie, especially a butterfly, you're supposed to be in a position to maximize your chance of stopping the puck. Bad luck? Yes. Bad goaltending? Maybe.

Old
12-18-2003, 09:08 AM
Biggun35
Bender

The biggest problem that I heard about Dunham in the locker room was that if he any pain or problem he wouldn't play. Then Vokoun plays with a stress fracture in his foot and nevers says a thing. That's when the players started to get behind Vokoun and forget about Dunham.

Old
12-18-2003, 09:13 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggun35
The biggest problem that I heard about Dunham in the locker room was that if he any pain or problem he wouldn't play. Then Vokoun plays with a stress fracture in his foot and nevers says a thing. That's when the players started to get behind Vokoun and forget about Dunham.

Agreed, he may never have been bad in the lockerroom as much as he didn't lead by example. Without the press knocking down his door, he'd miss games frequently. Strained groins would sideline him forever. In New York, where people (and the media) aren't as forgiving, Dunham has had a speedy recovery to any and every injury he's encountered.

Old
12-18-2003, 09:36 AM
HyperSniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40
This week, the NY Post had a story on Mike Dunham ("Don't Blame Me")

http://nypost.com/sports/rangers/43924.htm

Dunham: Don't Blame Me...wow that's a perfect fit...perhaps they should put that on his tombstone someday.

Zids rules.

Old
12-18-2003, 11:03 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I've heard time and time again he was a lockerroom problem and was not liked by his teammates.

Old
12-18-2003, 12:42 PM
biscuithead

Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
From Trotz's statements concerning Dunham, etc. since the trade, it would seem he was not popular with the coaching staff, either.

He was always quick to place blame elsewhere when he played here too.

Poile robbed Sather in that trade! In hindsight, I'd have traded Dunny for Zids straight up.

Old
12-18-2003, 01:14 PM
drewcon40

Thanks for all your responses. At the time, giving Klucek was the toughest for me but Zidlicky has been great for you. Again Dunham was great in the beginning but now some of the NYR fans feel Markannen is the better goalie right now.

Old
12-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Jarnberg

I'm not going to completely knock Dunham, he did some good things for the franchise in the early years. Mike got the franchise some recognition with the Olympics and everything. Dunny was injured alot, and I wasn't aware of his locker room problems. But regardless I'm still glad he was able to be given a chance here.

Old
12-19-2003, 10:45 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by csstranger
I'm not going to completely knock Dunham, he did some good things for the franchise in the early years. Mike got the franchise some recognition with the Olympics and everything. Dunny was injured alot, and I wasn't aware of his locker room problems. But regardless I'm still glad he was able to be given a chance here.
Agreed, but I am still glad he is gone. There was a report out that players gave him Prima-Dunham as a nickname.

Old
12-19-2003, 09:26 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
Agreed, but I am still glad he is gone. There was a report out that players gave him Prima-Dunham as a nickname.
Exactly, its much better this way.

Closed Thread