HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Clarke up to sumptin?

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 09:16 AM
semenko27

vCash: 500
Clarke up to sumptin?

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Flyers may trade Comrie? Just hearin him talk makes me think he has something up his sleeve. Especially after his " we don't want him, we don't need him" speech. Anyway, if this has been brought up already, sorry.

Thoughts?

Old
12-18-2003, 09:39 AM
SerbianEagle

You never know with Clarke, but he did trade one of his centers to Minny yesterday (the guy they got from the Habs last year).

Old
12-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Digger12

I think Comrie will be a Flyer for a while, provided Stevens doesn't wallpaper him.

Primeau's UFA at the end of the year, Chouinard's gone for a 5th rounder, Roenick will be 34 in January. Comrie may not fit in the depth chart so easily right away, but next year it'll make more sense (assuming there even is a next year).

Old
12-18-2003, 10:39 AM
The Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by semenko27
Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Flyers may trade Comrie? Just hearin him talk makes me think he has something up his sleeve. Especially after his " we don't want him, we don't need him" speech. Anyway, if this has been brought up already, sorry.

Thoughts?
I think alot of people are forgetting that when Clarke made that statement, the situation in Philidelphia was alot different. In any case, Clark once said he was not going to trade for a goaltender, then he traded for one the very next day (Sean Burke). His words should always be taken with a grain of salt.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:41 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

Clarke was on the tube last night talking about it, he said the "we dont need him, we dont want him", was an answer given when a media guy asked if he'd trade Comrie for Handzus, and Clarke didnt want one of his bigger centres traded for a small guy. When the oppertunity came along and he didnt have to take anyone off the roster, he was interested.

Old
12-18-2003, 11:04 AM
Marconius

Here's a conspiracy theory for y'all.....
What if Clarke signs Comrie for a 1 year deal at 1.3 million and then trades him back to the Oilers for Salo, Chimera & Horcoff...?
The deal then works out to:
Edm
2 draft picks
Woywitka
Signed Comrie

PHI
Salo
Chimera
Horcoff

Perhaps Clarke & Lowe have been working together this whole time

Old
12-18-2003, 11:12 AM
Mizral

Clarke was on TV last night, but he was quote as saying, 'We are not going to trade Mike Comrie', and was talking about his future with the organization.

Old
12-18-2003, 11:26 AM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Clarke was on TV last night, but he was quote as saying, 'We are not going to trade Mike Comrie', and was talking about his future with the organization.
So he IS going to be dealt

I wonder where?

Closed Thread