HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you still see Hossa in Habs plans ?

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 06:25 PM
Maithz

vCash:
Do you still see Hossa in Habs plans ?

This year , the Habs have expecting more about Hossa , now he is in AHL and doesn't lead very much , He is really inconsistent but he have skills but he don't use it like he is suppose to do .

Old
12-17-2003, 06:37 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 0
McDonalds Cards is the best exemple of what we expected from him , they should had picked up Ryder instead for their rookies series .

Old
12-17-2003, 06:42 PM
Démon Blond

vCash: 500
What kind of question is that?

Patience... say after me... Patience

Rome was not built in one day you know

Old
12-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Gwi

But how many days did it take?

Old
12-17-2003, 07:06 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Démon Blond
What kind of question is that?

Patience... say after me... Patience

Rome was not built in one day you know
I sure hope so...patience is really important

Old
12-17-2003, 07:35 PM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOMO_ROCKS
I sure hope so...patience is really important
He's having a tough go of things... hard to hear that you'll be up and you're the next thing in montreal, only to get there and have a tough time finding the net. His play was fine, just not prodicing points. Other guys stepped it up, and until he finds his desire to play for montreal, he's going to have a very tough time getting back up.

My real concern is the communication between the brass and hossa... i hope they have been straightforward with him about where he fits in and what he must do to fulfill his part of the deal.

As the wise Ben Kinobi once said, "patience my young friend... patience".

Old
12-18-2003, 06:46 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfansam
He's having a tough go of things... hard to hear that you'll be up and you're the next thing in montreal, only to get there and have a tough time finding the net. His play was fine, just not prodicing points. Other guys stepped it up, and until he finds his desire to play for montreal, he's going to have a very tough time getting back up.

My real concern is the communication between the brass and hossa... i hope they have been straightforward with him about where he fits in and what he must do to fulfill his part of the deal.

As the wise Ben Kinobi once said, "patience my young friend... patience".
third line player with enought skill to play sometime in the first lines .kind of Bulis with less grit.

but , the question is ; does Hossa is going to be enought patient ,? i already 've read something about he was complaining because he didn't played as a center ...

Old
12-18-2003, 07:14 AM
Coco Fever

Have they ever tried him at center in Hamilton?

Funny that this thread is going on because I was just thinking about this...if Hossa could be moved to center and bring us something we lack at that position...and you all know what I'm talking about! I suppose that discussion was brought many times on this board.

He's not good on defense? What the h...put him with a good defensive guy who will do the job down low in our end...

Old
12-18-2003, 07:24 AM
Habsaku

Hossa lacks only one thing: Determination.

He plays with no intensity, he's got all the tools but doesn't use them nearly enough. He is not a mature player yet.

Old
12-18-2003, 07:36 AM
Démon Blond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsaku
Hossa lacks only one thing: Determination.

He plays with no intensity, he's got all the tools but doesn't use them nearly enough. He is not a mature player yet.

Exactly, he hasn't put it all together yet. The day he'll do that, I'm convinced he'll be a force for the Habs at center or on the wings...

Not to compare the talent level but the way to success... how much time did it take for Todd Bertuzzi to find his game? 5-6 years? Case made, I think we can afford to be patient with Marcel.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:12 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Démon Blond
Exactly, he hasn't put it all together yet. The day he'll do that, I'm convinced he'll be a force for the Habs at center or on the wings...

Not to compare the talent level but the way to success... how much time did it take for Todd Bertuzzi to find his game? 5-6 years? Case made, I think we can afford to be patient with Marcel.
yes and how did it take for Kilger to find his game became the dominant player we know...

no, i was not serious !

Old
12-18-2003, 08:14 AM
hockey_nut

look how many years it took ribeiro to get to where he is now... and he's still maturing and getting better...

hossa will do well... if his brother says marcel always beat him one-on-one... he's gotta be good

Old
12-18-2003, 08:34 AM
Shazbot

If Hossa makes good trade bait for a bigger fish, I'd say he's outta here. But if he's allowed to develop some more in the minors, and if he finds his game.....

It's really about Hossa's development, I would say, and not so much about the Habs' plans at this point. He's been given his chance. I'd say he's falling into the same hole that Jason Ward lived in a couple of years ago. Hossa has to prove himself all over again, and right now he's being outplayed by at least 2-3 other prospects.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:33 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
look how many years it took ribeiro to get to where he is now... and he's still maturing and getting better...

hossa will do well... if his brother says marcel always beat him one-on-one... he's gotta be good
Ribiero was a dominant player at the ahl level , at least , more than Hossa .It 's also the first year that he have some teammate to complete his play.well , if we can say that about Audette, Perreault and Hossa who was not able to score at that time and lately Dagenais .

Hossa , in my mind have'nt dominated the AHL yet,so how could he dominate in the nhl .i would like him to be a leader at the AHL level and since he's there , he didn't show a lot of desire to do that

Closed Thread