HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Samsonov

Old
04-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Belso

vCash: 500
I bet Saku didn't like Samsonov's attitude.. That's maybe why they didn't play much with each other. Just speculation..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 05:58 PM
goldglove

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
SO you don't remember lots of PP time in the first 30 games with Koivu?
No i don't remember ...

goldglove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Blades 0f Steel

The 1st PP was the same as the 1st line, Higgins-Koivu-Ryder. When Higgins was injured, Latendresse was inserted in his spot.

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:31 PM
IcemanTBI

Sammy is done...

The only thing I feel bad about with regards to Sammy, is that at Xmas, I bought a Habs jersey autographed by Sammy at a charity auction. Value of that is in the toilet now....

IcemanTBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
both of these players are quiters and an embarassment to the whole habs organization.i think kovalev touched the puck once in the last game vs the leafs.buy them both out.
That would be a mistake.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:13 AM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by toshiro View Post
Are we absolutely convinced that he is finished as a Hab? He has great skills but requires a center with creative vision playmaking skills . Pleks is more of a scorer than a Koivu, Yzerman, etc sort of player.
I wouldn't say that he's 100% finished with the club.

There are multiple options in terms of what you can do with samsonov but the best solution would be for samsonov to come back with a chip on his shoulder and with something to prove because that would open up even more options.

This way, if he still wants out of montreal, it would be easier to unload him... and if that doesn't happen, well, at least he's earned his way back into the habs lineup.

Its all up to sammy's hunger level IMO

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Vlad The Impaler

It's almost 100%. I suppose there could always be an unlikely surprise that would see him back but it seems almost impossible.

I don't really like the option to buy him out. Certainly, from Gillett's point of view it will make him cringe. Sending him to a lower level like the AHL is even worse financially.

First order of business is to try and make a trade happen. Exchange one problem for another, maybe. There has to be someone out there who believes this guy can still play at the level he displayed the season before. He really wasn't that bad with Boston and Edmonton.

I don't think it's in the best interest of the Habs to keep him but at the same time, I still see him as an ok player. Of course, salary becomes a concern and lowers his value a lot.

But hey, if Niinimaa can be traded on a $2.5M contract for a younger, cheaper and much better player, I don't see why Sammy couldn't be. Gainey just has to find someone who is just as much a sucker as he was himself this year.

Buy him out only if all else fails. If Sammy has not lost the desire to play in the NHL, he'll play next year and I suspect he will have a much better season, if only because that will be his last year of contract.

Vlad The Impaler is offline   Reply With Quote