HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price gets his first pro start !

Old
04-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

vCash: 500
Montreal has been much better this year, no question about it. Everyone here in Hamilton hopes this works out like Gainey wants, hopefully Price does great here, Halak has a good WHC and he returns to team up with Price in the Calder Cup finals.

I think you do understand our frustration though. In Hamilton we have only really had one consistant goalie this season and without even so much as talking to Don Lever he gets sent to Moscow, kind of a slap in the face to Mr. Lever, the Bulldogs and their fans. I would hate to think that this very good team we have assembled here loses in the first round because our most consistant goalie is in Russia.

But so far Carey has looked great, he looked calm and composed all game especially late in the second period when the Dogs were down two men for a short time.

Just like you said, the AHL is a developmental league. I feel that there is a lot Halak could have learned by staying here in North America and playing in a NHL style playoff. That would be great experience for next season when he leads the Canadiens to the Stanley Cup playoffs. This kind of experience isn't going to be had at a WHC round robin, then 1 game playoff series.

Stanley Foobrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:16 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue'sClues View Post
Not really. If you were a paying Bulldogs customer would you rather the Dogs go into the playoffs with the tandem of Price/Halak or Price/Danis?

Look, if Price plays well and Halak gets to be the starter for Slovalia then everything will work out great for the Habs, the Dogs and for Slovakia. If it doesn't go as planned, it us down here in Hamilton that pay the price again.
I really doubt there would be a Price/Halak tandem. Danis has been with the Dogs for years now and I doubt they will put Price over Danis.

I highly doubt the Habs would want that imo. Anyway don't worry, though Halak is an amazing goalie. Carey Price, in theory, should be much better. I'm convinced you guys won't be disappointed for long.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:51 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I think what Gainey wanted to do was get Halak some more experience facing NHL-calibre players while giving Price some professional hockey experience.

Halak came in and almost got us to the play-offs (Couldn't do anything sitting on the bench against T.O.), he's already shown he can be an NHL goalie and handle the pressure of a tough play-off spot hunt. Gainey thought it would be best for him to get to play some World Cup hockey against NHL players who did not make the play-offs. It's more of a way to give Halak more exposure to the level of competition he will be facing next year and a way to give Price more exposure to the level of competition he'll face next year.

Gainey played it right, by all accounts.

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
I think what Gainey wanted to do was get Halak some more experience facing NHL-calibre players while giving Price some professional hockey experience.

Halak came in and almost got us to the play-offs (Couldn't do anything sitting on the bench against T.O.), he's already shown he can be an NHL goalie and handle the pressure of a tough play-off spot hunt. Gainey thought it would be best for him to get to play some World Cup hockey against NHL players who did not make the play-offs. It's more of a way to give Halak more exposure to the level of competition he will be facing next year and a way to give Price more exposure to the level of competition he'll face next year.

Gainey played it right, by all accounts.
I think whatever plan that habs management had for their goalies was ruined by the play of david aebischer.

After abby lost his job, I think the habs just started planning on the fly.

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote