HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

COl:MIN trade proposal

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 10:00 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
COl:MIN trade proposal

follow up to my other post:

to col: roloson and walz

to min: hinote and sauve

veterans with experience for younger players who are somwhat similar.

i am intrigued by aebi/roloson pair and a 3rd line of kono-niko-walz.

if the avs decide aebi is their guy, then there is no need to keep sauve around wih budaj beoming their goalie of the future. hinote expendable with the emergence of mccormick and i believe walz is a pending ufa.

minnie can held the ball to manny and sauve could be their goalie of the future or could splt time with manny like rollie does now.

heck, i also hear blake and rollie are great friends and him and walz would bring great leadership to the avs.

this fill the avs holes not to sure about minnie, what would it take to make this work from a wild perspective?

Old
12-18-2003, 10:03 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Um definitely not.

1) We don't need a younger goalie

2) Hinote wouldn't do as much as Walz is doing right now.

3) If you want Roloson and Walz, both of who are the core of the Wild organization think around Ballard.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:23 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
Um definitely not.

1) We don't need a younger goalie

2) Hinote wouldn't do as much as Walz is doing right now.

3) If you want Roloson and Walz, both of who are the core of the Wild organization think around Ballard.
ok.

TO COLORADO:

Dwayne Roloson, Wes Walz, Minnesota's 2nd rounder in 2004

TO MINNESOTA:

Keith Ballard, Phillipe Sauve

Old
12-18-2003, 10:24 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quit it with the goalies! YEESH!

We got Harding, Kettles, Brust, Kopriva, Cloutier, Holmqvist, and Gustafson! AT LEAST one of them will pan out and I believe Harding could end up a number 1 starter in a couple years.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
follow up to my other post:

to col: roloson and walz

to min: hinote and sauve
IMO thats pretty brutal for Minnesota

Old
12-18-2003, 10:31 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
Thank you.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:33 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
Quit it with the goalies! YEESH!

We got Harding, Kettles, Brust, Kopriva, Cloutier, Holmqvist, and Gustafson!
congrats! the only one worth jack all is Harding!!! yay! good thing you have the other 6, cuz no one else wants them!

Old
12-18-2003, 10:39 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsGuy
congrats! the only one worth jack all is Harding!!! yay! good thing you have the other 6, cuz no one else wants them!
Brust is too far away to tell anything. He could end up being like Giguere, spending time on different teams in the AHL, ECHL and then having a good career. He did pretty good at the Prospect Tourney where Liv, and Lehtonen were and helped Minnesota secure the 1st place victory.

Kopriva is also too far away to tell anything too. He is putting good numbers up in the Czech league and will take some time, but from his numbers, he looks to be pretty decent, also he is the ONLY GOALIE on that team.

Kettles (Skittles) is working out fine. He's moved up from the ECHL, to the AHL and continues to progress well as a backup goalie.

Holmqvist is Holmqvist. He'll be floated around, not much of a goalie but again backup.

Cloutier needs time too. He's rocking down in Louisiana but had a tough time in the AHL.

Time will tell. These guys are under 22, except for Holmqvist. Just give them time.

We don't need Sauve! Why do you think we need him?

Old
12-18-2003, 10:41 AM
DRL
Streak killers!

Send a message via MSN to DRL Send a message via Yahoo to DRL
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
hence the reason i STATED what would it take from a wild perspective!

correct me if i am wrong but walz is a ufa next year and roloson is over 30?

ballard is a little much for what would be a co#1 or backup and potentail rental.

this is why i asked what minnie would, judging from reaction to sauve you dont want any goaltenders correct?

you want dman and you don't think would hinote would fit nicely on the wild(a nice home grown boy i might add), or you feel he'd be a nice part of a package?

alright how about this:

boychuk and your pick of hinote/mccormick,

we getting closer?

Old
12-18-2003, 10:47 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
1) Yes Walz is a free agent next year but there is no way Minnesota is going to let him walk. He is basically our Forsberg on the team. We'll pay him as much as he wants to stay here. He is more important to the team than Gaborik.

2) Yes Roloson is over 30 but you know what? We got Harding coming up, he'll be in the AHL probably next year unless he steals the position from Roloson in the pre-season but that's unlikely. He'll start in the AHL and move his way into the NHL. It'll take a couple of years and by that time Roloson will be at the end of his contract and retiring.

3) No. Simply putting it Roloson and Walz are the All-Stars of our team. I know they don't have any value compared to guys like Tanguay, Hejduk, Forsberg, or Sakic but to us, their value is similiar to those guys. They are irreplaceable when we lose them.

Hell Roloson is in the top 5 for SV% I believe and he has lost the majority of the games. Minnesota has crappy defense this year, so Roloson continues to get shelled but he's keeping the games as close as possible.

We don't want Hinote if we are going to lose Walz. If we lose Walz, we'll bring up either Cavanaugh or Wallin, but that'll still hurt. We don't need Hinote simply because we have a bunch of 3rd line/4th line grinders either coming up or already on the team. Hell we're trying to get rid of some!

Old
12-18-2003, 10:48 AM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
I'd take Ballard for either Walz or Roloson straight up.

The Wild just got rid of their token Minnesotan, so you can keep Hinote.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:49 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Thank you Bookman. I think that's what it'll take to land either one of them. Not both of them.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:52 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
We don't need Sauve! Why do you think we need him?
because: a) if we acquired Roloson from you, his talent would be wasted on our roster, so the fact that we give you Ballard means you "have" to take Sauve too, and b) Sauve is better and has more NHL experience than the other 6 combined. Harding will be better than him though, I'll give you that.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:57 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
1) His talent would be wasted here. Holmqvist HAS to be moved up to make room for Harding in the AHL. And we aren't going with a Holmqvist/Sauve tandem. Yuck! Or a Fernandez/Sauve tandem. 2) I'll give you he has more time in the NHL BUT from what I've been gathering from Avs fan is that he was brought up too early. Was he? Maybe we'll never know but the fact is, he could use sometime down in the minors.

Old
12-18-2003, 11:02 AM
AvsGuy

Quote:
1) His talent would be wasted here. Holmqvist HAS to be moved up to make room for Harding in the AHL. And we aren't going with a Holmqvist/Sauve tandem. Yuck! Or a Fernandez/Sauve tandem. 2) I'll give you he has more time in the NHL BUT from what I've been gathering from Avs fan is that he was brought up too early. Was he? Maybe we'll never know but the fact is, he could use sometime down in the minors.
he does need more time in the minors, but he's a better option than bringing up Holmqvist just because you have to. that's dumb...

Old
12-18-2003, 11:08 AM
thestonedkoala

vCash:
Well it depends next year because I highly doubt Fernandez is going to stay if Roloson is our number 1. It could end up that Harding is our number 2 goalie behind Roloson kind of like Turco and Belfour. The thing is and I know this, Sauve is definitely not needed.

Holmqvist would be the front runner for a backup because he has done pretty good in the AHL and it might be time to see if he can become a backup for Roloson in the NHL. I rather see if Holmqvist can be a backup, then trade our number 1 goalie and have two weak goalies in goal.

Fernandez is good but he gets injured and he sometimes gets off with his game. He has a confidence issue. Sauve is Sauve. He's young but I would stick him in the minors before he came up again. So that defeats the purpose of trading for him.

Old
12-18-2003, 11:21 AM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL
hence the reason i STATED what would it take from a wild perspective!

correct me if i am wrong but walz is a ufa next year and roloson is over 30?

ballard is a little much for what would be a co#1 or backup and potentail rental.

this is why i asked what minnie would, judging from reaction to sauve you dont want any goaltenders correct?

you want dman and you don't think would hinote would fit nicely on the wild(a nice home grown boy i might add), or you feel he'd be a nice part of a package?

alright how about this:

boychuk and your pick of hinote/mccormick,

we getting closer?
No need to freak, Its not like I flamed you or anything. Just saying that it is pretty brutal for Minny even if they are above 30 years old

Closed Thread