HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Playoff GDT (for the entire playoffs)

Old
04-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Playoff GDT (for the entire playoffs)

Since we won't have one for about 5 more months (until training camp) ...

So far, Bill Guerin has no points, 6 shots on goal, and 8 penalty minutes. Sadly, I'm not surprised. Tkachuk has a PP assist and one (1) shot on goal - his line (Kovalchuk and Mellanby) combined for one (1) SOG in the 2nd period and none in the 3rd.

Dallas is up 1-0 on Vancouver after the 1st, Jeff Halpern scored 24 seconds into the game.

04-13-2007, 08:57 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
Remember the whole Dumont/Rucinsky thing from last summer? We needlessly pulled the trigger a week early on Rucinsky at a time when we knew Dumont would be walked away from by Buffalo.

We actually spent more on Rucinsky and gave up a NTC to boot. Dumont could have been part of the core as a young forward. I argued pro Dumont last summer on another board because he was a playoff performer. Has 4 goals in 1.5 games so far. There was no guarantee we could have gotten him, but this was well into UFA signing period and teams weren't exactly killing themselves to get to Rucinsky.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Irish Blues

Damnit PocketNines, you just had to mention getting Dumont (who I've thought would be great wearing the Bluenote for about 4 years now).

Mr. Bo-Wap-Bop is not happy.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:42 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I guess the "best" possibility was that the Blues knew he wouldn't go anywhere but a contender so they didn't bother to wait. Rucinsky's contract was certainly more expensive than Dumont took from Nashville.

That Dallas-Vancouver game from the other night was awesome. I was fortunate to see all 7 periods. Dallas owned the play so throroughly from the halfway point of the third period to the end of the game (about 90 minutes) that I would say it's the most dominated I've ever seen one team in an extended OT situation. So of course Vancouver won it.

Old
04-13-2007, 09:44 PM
CuSa_1

vCash: 500
IB, don't read this with your kid

****ing tootoo... what a worthless piece of ****, so many sucker shots glad to see he got a couple nice ones from clowe

i feel like driving to nashville to punch his sorry ass myself, he did this last game on guerin what a ***** punk ass

CuSa_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Irish Blues

I've merged it with the Playoff GDT thread. And don't worry, he won't be able to read with me for ........ another six weeks.

Old
04-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Checker*

Go San Jose!

Thank you Mr. Clowe for providing me with a hockey highlight I can watch repeatedly. The only thing I want to see now is for Wilson to jump the bench and wring Trotz' neck (errrrr...chin?)

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:28 PM
CuSa_1

i somehow missed the gameday thread

i'm loving playoff hockey, can't wait until i'm living and dying on every shot again.

i miss watching the blues play (and lose) in the playoffs.

Old
04-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Irish Blues

I just started it last night.

Today's games (4/14)
NY Rangers at Atlanta (3:00pm ET, NBC)
Pittsburgh at Ottawa (3:00pm ET, NBC)
Tampa Bay at New Jersey (7:00pm ET)
NY Islanders at Buffalo (7:00pm ET, Versus)

Old
04-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Guy Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
Today's games (4/14)
NY Rangers at Atlanta (3:00pm ET, NBC)
Pittsburgh at Ottawa (3:00pm ET, NBC)
Tampa Bay at New Jersey (7:00pm ET)
NY Islanders at Buffalo (7:00pm ET, Versus)
Go Thrashers, Sabres, Lightining, and.......Sens.

Guy Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 03:40 PM
Irish Blues

1. My God, the Pens-Sens game is fantastic today.
2. What a flop by Fleury after getting "bumped".
3. I still can't believe Hedberg fell for the fake dump in ... by Sean Avery.
4. The sooner Crosby quits trying to feed Mark Eaton, the sooner his line will score another goal.

Old
04-14-2007, 05:08 PM
Sniper
It's learning...

The end of the Altanta/New York game was pretty intense with Avery getting deservedly jacked a few times. I wonder if Shannahan will get suspended for that hit from behind on Kozlov? My instinct says no.

The Pits/Sens game was one of the best I've seen all season... Watching it in HD made it that much better.

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:55 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Holmqvist played extremely well for the Lightning tonight

Brodeur shockingly looked either shaky or too full of himself... idk which.

Scary thing to say, but... The Lightning have a surprisingly good shot at going to the next round

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:35 AM
execwrite

Is there any other sport where the intensity level goes straight to DEFCON 4 when the playoffs start?

These games have been great so far.

Good to see Atlanta and (maybe) New Jersey out in the first round.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:57 AM
St.Louis sports fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by execwrite View Post
Is there any other sport where the intensity level goes straight to DEFCON 4 when the playoffs start?

During the Pitt vs Ott game bodies were flying aroundlike the old Blues vs Blackhawks game. Toughness is an area that the Blues are in serious need of. Right now as well as in the near future when the skilled forwards sign. Drake is done and Mayers can't do it all on his own. DJ King is a start, but they need someone with some skill and toughness out of this draft or FA. I've seen in some mock drafts the picks of McLean (sp.) and Tyrell which would help.

St.Louis sports fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:10 AM
barnburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
During the Pitt vs Ott game bodies were flying aroundlike the old Blues vs Blackhawks game.
Fantastic! Haven't seen a game with that much intense hitting for 60 minutes in a long time. There is not a sport anywhere that can match that kind of action. Great hitting, skating, superb goaltending, scoring,players busting their guts to win....

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 12:57 PM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by St.Louis sports fan View Post
During the Pitt vs Ott game bodies were flying aroundlike the old Blues vs Blackhawks game. Toughness is an area that the Blues are in serious need of. Right now as well as in the near future when the skilled forwards sign. Drake is done and Mayers can't do it all on his own. DJ King is a start, but they need someone with some skill and toughness out of this draft or FA. I've seen in some mock drafts the picks of McLean (sp.) and Tyrell which would help.

These games are also showing how far away the Blues are from Stanley Cup competitors. Figure another 4-5 years before they get to that level.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Irish Blues

I'm sure Kiprusoff is going to be asking the rest of the team to show up for Games 3 and 4, because by and large they're MIA so far and if they don't coem to play at Calgary are going to get skated right out of this series.

It would also help if the defense would clear Holmstrom from in front of Kiprusoff on occasion instead of letting him camp out right in front untouched all night long ... but like I said, that would require the rest of the Flames to show up.

Old
04-15-2007, 03:56 PM
barnburner

Quote:
These games are also showing how far away the Blues are from Stanley Cup competitors. Figure another 4-5 years before they get to that level.
That same impression struck me watching some of these games.
The Blues simply are not anywhere near ready to play at this level.
Our defensive corps is close, but our scoring and goaltending are not anywhere near the level of what we are seeing from the better clubs. Hopefully, it happens sooner than that - but I'm glad we didn't somehow luck into the last playoff spot this year. It would have been a very short, and embarrassing series.

Old
04-15-2007, 04:00 PM
barnburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues View Post
I'm sure Kiprusoff is going to be asking the rest of the team to show up for Games 3 and 4, because by and large they're MIA so far and if they don't coem to play at Calgary are going to get skated right out of this series

It would also help if the defense would clear Holmstrom from in front of Kiprusoff on occasion instead of letting him camp out right in front untouched all night long ... but like I said, that would require the rest of the Flames to show up.
We may see a return to the bench by Sutter...
He cannot be a happy camper.
Heck, if they are going to get embarrassed anyway - Kipper might as well just start whacking Holstrom's ankles until either his stick, or Holstrom's ankles break.

Old
04-15-2007, 10:14 PM
Rush11

Quote:

The games speed up with each round. By the time they get to the Cup finals, both teams look like they are playing on TiVo fast forward- gotta love it!

Rush11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 04:18 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Lecavalier is Tampa's hero

2-1 Tampa leading the series...

would love to see the Thrashers, Wild, and Flames win at least 1 game though

or at least (for the Flames) give Hasek something to do...

fcpremix88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 07:58 PM
Irish Blues

Atlanta is getting skated off the ice tonight, and (omg, what a shock) Mellanby is taking stupid penalties. This isn't just a "Tkachuk is playing like crap" game, the entire team has played like crap. They've been a step slow, the defense has been weak if not nonexistant, and the Rangers are winning nearly every loose puck and having a great time bumping Thrashers players off the puck.

5-0 Rangers after 2, and (if you can believe this) it's not even that close.

Old
04-17-2007, 09:03 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

I don’t understand why the Thrashers are having such trouble. Their fans are going berserk over their total lack of heart. This makes no sense. Tkachuk is one of the primary stars on the team! And, instead of "Keith," people call him "Walt!" Hence, it is impossible for this to really be happening. We must have all accidentally slipped into a parallel universe where the ultra-talented Tkachuk does NOT win the Conn Smythe. Or score a meaningful playoff goal. Or any playoff goal. (14 games and counting...)

Old
04-19-2007, 12:40 AM
CuSa_1

I don't know if it ended that way, but before tonight no goals were scored against Atlanta when Holik was on the ice. Hopefully McClemment can be the shutdown 3rd line center we'll be needing when we make our CUP run next year.