HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Carey Price wins Pro Debut

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2007, 08:30 AM
  #26
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 24,373
vCash: 500
I was suprised by the pick, but I liked it from day 1.

The only reason most Habs fans didn't like the pick, is because a goalie was the last thing they expected. Then like sheep being led by a blind shepherd, they listened to fans from other teams who said it was a bad pick.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:41 AM
  #27
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis
 
Blind Gardien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Four Winds Bar
Country: France
Posts: 20,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I was suprised by the pick, but I liked it from day 1.

The only reason most Habs fans didn't like the pick, is because a goalie was the last thing they expected. Then like sheep being led by a blind shepherd, they listened to fans from other teams who said it was a bad pick.
I think it's a bit silly to suggest that people who initially didn't like the pick disliked it merely because they were sheep being led by a blind shepherd. It was a pick that was almost universally panned right at the time of the draft. Over the next few days, a few arguments in favour of it emerged, but still, it was such a shocker that it really took a loooooong time for Habs fans in general to be won over. Not because of any blind shepherds, though.

The fanbase had been crying out for an offensive star forward for years and years. A lot of pre-draft energy was focused on debating amongst the guys available... Brule and Kopitar being the most-mentioned in my recollection. (For some reason, not so much Pouliot or Ryan, I forget why... maybe they were just assumed by the time of the lottery to be gone ahead of #5?). Some others wanted the stud D (Bourdon and Staal were a minority mention). A few of the homer-ville crowd were probably still tossing out the names of Bourret and Latendresse (great favourites from previous months, before the pre-draft rankings basically settled them far outside of the #5 spot). Nobody mentioned a goalie.

Plus after the draft, you then had guys like Rask, and even Pavelec in the 2nd round, who were turning at least as many heads as Price was, so it seemed like a decent argument for a good long time that maybe the team didn't need to spend a pick way up at #5 to get a goalie, particularly if it wasn't clear that the goalie taken was the best, or even second best netminder available in the draft. And it also happened at a time when Theodore was still considered by some fans as a top-5 goalie in the world, a former MVP, an elite (and still quite young) star player for the team, with Yann Danis still as a hot-shot prospect behind him.

Theodore's meltdown last year was really a turning point in the thinking... much moreso than Price's play, since Price still wasn't looking super-hot, had a bit of a bump with the WJC camp cut, and was still not looking decisively better than Rask or Pavelec. But at least it was becoming clearer that a stud goalie prospect was a better fit than we had imagined just 1 year earlier.

Then this year, I think the vast majority of Habs fans finally turned the corner on the pick, since Price played so well, first in training camp for us (best goalie in camp), culminating in his WJC performance. Now we could at least argue he was the best goalie in the draft, plus Theodore was long gone, plus our other goalies (save Halak) had all fallen back by various degrees, and suddenly all was well with the pick. No blind shepherds needed along the way, just a series of unexpected (to some) events. Educative, perhaps. Goes to show one never really knows how things will turn out organisationally at any position, even as few as 2 years down the road.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:58 AM
  #28
Crusher20
Registered User
 
Crusher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Ecuador
Posts: 4,645
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I think it's a bit silly to suggest that people who initially didn't like the pick disliked it merely because they were sheep being led by a blind shepherd. It was a pick that was almost universally panned right at the time of the draft. Over the next few days, a few arguments in favour of it emerged, but still, it was such a shocker that it really took a loooooong time for Habs fans in general to be won over. Not because of any blind shepherds, though.

The fanbase had been crying out for an offensive star forward for years and years. A lot of pre-draft energy was focused on debating amongst the guys available... Brule and Kopitar being the most-mentioned in my recollection. (For some reason, not so much Pouliot or Ryan, I forget why... maybe they were just assumed by the time of the lottery to be gone ahead of #5?). Some others wanted the stud D (Bourdon and Staal were a minority mention). A few of the homer-ville crowd were probably still tossing out the names of Bourret and Latendresse (great favourites from previous months, before the pre-draft rankings basically settled them far outside of the #5 spot). Nobody mentioned a goalie.

Plus after the draft, you then had guys like Rask, and even Pavelec in the 2nd round, who were turning at least as many heads as Price was, so it seemed like a decent argument for a good long time that maybe the team didn't need to spend a pick way up at #5 to get a goalie, particularly if it wasn't clear that the goalie taken was the best, or even second best netminder available in the draft. And it also happened at a time when Theodore was still considered by some fans as a top-5 goalie in the world, a former MVP, an elite (and still quite young) star player for the team, with Yann Danis still as a hot-shot prospect behind him.

Theodore's meltdown last year was really a turning point in the thinking... much moreso than Price's play, since Price still wasn't looking super-hot, had a bit of a bump with the WJC camp cut, and was still not looking decisively better than Rask or Pavelec. But at least it was becoming clearer that a stud goalie prospect was a better fit than we had imagined just 1 year earlier.

Then this year, I think the vast majority of Habs fans finally turned the corner on the pick, since Price played so well, first in training camp for us (best goalie in camp), culminating in his WJC performance. Now we could at least argue he was the best goalie in the draft, plus Theodore was long gone, plus our other goalies (save Halak) had all fallen back by various degrees, and suddenly all was well with the pick. No blind shepherds needed along the way, just a series of unexpected (to some) events. Educative, perhaps. Goes to show one never really knows how things will turn out organisationally at any position, even as few as 2 years down the road.
Yes, thats pretty much how we felt at the draft time, but maybe we should have had that this year draft was abondant of tremendous offensive potential players, and we were sure that one of those 5-6 sure things would have been available.. I remember us saying, well if its not Brule we will get Kopitar or if it not Kopitar it might be Parise, etc.. but if i remember correctly must of us didnt want Kopitar mainly or instinctively because he came from slovenia.. anyway..

Price seem to be doing just fine, and honestly I think management would have never selected price without making sure it was a good pick.. specially when Timmins is known not for drafting goalies early i dont recall this, anyway. But myself i was ******* shocked. I mean no one and not only habs fan, but pretty much EVERYONE expected this to happen so how exactly we could have been happy about the pick.. you said it all man.

I think Price will bring us Tremendous stability in goaltending. something we havent seen since... dont know, Even Roy was able to suck big time.. but was extremelly clutch in key games.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:02 PM
  #29
Jeffrey
Registered User
 
Jeffrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,572
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Also, at the draft I remember that Ottawa wanted to take price and IMO for that reason (to not have to face him 8 times a year) & the fact that the blackhawks could have take him ruled out the option to trade down.

IMO it was gutsy move and it looks better now!

Jeffrey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:03 PM
  #30
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 24,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I think it's a bit silly to suggest that people who initially didn't like the pick disliked it merely because they were sheep being led by a blind shepherd. It was a pick that was almost universally panned right at the time of the draft. Over the next few days, a few arguments in favour of it emerged, but still, it was such a shocker that it really took a loooooong time for Habs fans in general to be won over. Not because of any blind shepherds, though.

The fanbase had been crying out for an offensive star forward for years and years. A lot of pre-draft energy was focused on debating amongst the guys available... Brule and Kopitar being the most-mentioned in my recollection. (For some reason, not so much Pouliot or Ryan, I forget why... maybe they were just assumed by the time of the lottery to be gone ahead of #5?). Some others wanted the stud D (Bourdon and Staal were a minority mention). A few of the homer-ville crowd were probably still tossing out the names of Bourret and Latendresse (great favourites from previous months, before the pre-draft rankings basically settled them far outside of the #5 spot). Nobody mentioned a goalie.

Plus after the draft, you then had guys like Rask, and even Pavelec in the 2nd round, who were turning at least as many heads as Price was, so it seemed like a decent argument for a good long time that maybe the team didn't need to spend a pick way up at #5 to get a goalie, particularly if it wasn't clear that the goalie taken was the best, or even second best netminder available in the draft. And it also happened at a time when Theodore was still considered by some fans as a top-5 goalie in the world, a former MVP, an elite (and still quite young) star player for the team, with Yann Danis still as a hot-shot prospect behind him.

Theodore's meltdown last year was really a turning point in the thinking... much moreso than Price's play, since Price still wasn't looking super-hot, had a bit of a bump with the WJC camp cut, and was still not looking decisively better than Rask or Pavelec. But at least it was becoming clearer that a stud goalie prospect was a better fit than we had imagined just 1 year earlier.

Then this year, I think the vast majority of Habs fans finally turned the corner on the pick, since Price played so well, first in training camp for us (best goalie in camp), culminating in his WJC performance. Now we could at least argue he was the best goalie in the draft, plus Theodore was long gone, plus our other goalies (save Halak) had all fallen back by various degrees, and suddenly all was well with the pick. No blind shepherds needed along the way, just a series of unexpected (to some) events. Educative, perhaps. Goes to show one never really knows how things will turn out organisationally at any position, even as few as 2 years down the road.
I don't know...I remember right after he was picked almost all of the Habs fans were agonizing over the pick. Like I said, I was surprised by it, but I never thought it was a bad idea and I liked it from day 1.

My comment of being led by blind shepherd was because after he was drafted, posters from other teams really rubbed it in to Habs fans that they screwed up by not taking Brule, Staal or Bourdon, and again, most Habs fans took that as some kind of sign that Price was a bad pick. I don't understand how picking a potential franchise goalie is a bad thing, most had the Sens picking him 4 spots later at # 9...so how could he be a horrible pick at # 5, but a good one at # 9???

I agree, there's been a series of events that have made the pick look much better today, than it did 2 years ago, however, given where Price was drafted it shouldn't be that much of a shock.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:07 PM
  #31
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 20,239
vCash: 777
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Russians View Post
Those who are being annoying ***** and stereotyping Hab fans by saying he is better than Crosby and Turco should shut their mouths. He is a good goalie and an upcoming star, just because a thread was made about his first pro win doesnt mean we are saying he deserves to be picked ahead of Crosby or be the starter for Dallas. Hab fans are excited and it is unfair to say these comments.
chill out dude. it was just jokes. lighten up. no one has said anything about price not being a good goalie. i have allways been against the pick, but im starting to like it more and more. but i have to see what he can do in the NHL before im completely convinced.

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:23 PM
  #32
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 59,909
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't know...I remember right after he was picked almost all of the Habs fans were agonizing over the pick. Like I said, I was surprised by it, but I never thought it was a bad idea and I liked it from day 1.

My comment of being led by blind shepherd was because after he was drafted, posters from other teams really rubbed it in to Habs fans that they screwed up by not taking Brule, Staal or Bourdon, and again, most Habs fans took that as some kind of sign that Price was a bad pick. I don't understand how picking a potential franchise goalie is a bad thing, most had the Sens picking him 4 spots later at # 9...so how could he be a horrible pick at # 5, but a good one at # 9???

I agree, there's been a series of events that have made the pick look much better today, than it did 2 years ago, however, given where Price was drafted it shouldn't be that much of a shock.
BG is right (Blind Guardian not Bob Gainey). The fact that we were not expecting it hence the bad comments about it, I was shocked and didn't like. Wasn't too impressed with him at the U-18 so that's another reason why. But then ask yourself that question....Are you ready for the Habs to draft a goalie in the first round this year? Seems that Cann is giving a hell of a show at the U-18, ready to pick him? Wouldn't you be totally against that kind of pick at the time since we have tremendous depth? But then....what if the Habs know they'll deal Halak soon, what kind of depth do we have besides Price? And what would be your comment later let's say next year if Cann is more dominant than Carey was this year? Wouldn't change the fact that AT THE TIME, we were totally shocked, not please 'cause we were expecting an offensive force and didn't know Theo wouldn't last long.....Obviously, they will not draft a goalie this year, but just to explain to you the thinking process of our overreaction....

Obviously like it more and more but still wouldn't hate having Kopitar too. As far as why it was horrible #5 but great #9, well it has everything to do with the fact that like you said, most other NHL fans were laughing at the Habs for not taking Brule or Kopitar but then forgot to mention that between us and the LA pick, there were other teams.....Strengely, most of them were fast laughing at the pick, but not so fast saying it might have been a good one after all.....and for me it has nothing to do with Brule's performance, with the right guys and some patience, he'll be good but so will Carey.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:13 PM
  #33
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 24,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
BG is right (Blind Guardian not Bob Gainey). The fact that we were not expecting it hence the bad comments about it, I was shocked and didn't like. Wasn't too impressed with him at the U-18 so that's another reason why. But then ask yourself that question....Are you ready for the Habs to draft a goalie in the first round this year? Seems that Cann is giving a hell of a show at the U-18, ready to pick him? Wouldn't you be totally against that kind of pick at the time since we have tremendous depth? But then....what if the Habs know they'll deal Halak soon, what kind of depth do we have besides Price? And what would be your comment later let's say next year if Cann is more dominant than Carey was this year? Wouldn't change the fact that AT THE TIME, we were totally shocked, not please 'cause we were expecting an offensive force and didn't know Theo wouldn't last long.....Obviously, they will not draft a goalie this year, but just to explain to you the thinking process of our overreaction....

Obviously like it more and more but still wouldn't hate having Kopitar too. As far as why it was horrible #5 but great #9, well it has everything to do with the fact that like you said, most other NHL fans were laughing at the Habs for not taking Brule or Kopitar but then forgot to mention that between us and the LA pick, there were other teams.....Strengely, most of them were fast laughing at the pick, but not so fast saying it might have been a good one after all.....and for me it has nothing to do with Brule's performance, with the right guys and some patience, he'll be good but so will Carey.
I get what you and BG are saying...but being surprised and shocked doesn't mean it's automatically a bad pick. If you think about it, at the time of the draft the Habs had Theodore, an unproven Huet, a promising prospect in Danis but still a player who was ignored at the draft, an unknown Halak and an even more obscure pick in Heino-Lindbergh.

Drafting Carey Price (if they felt he was BPA at the time) made total sense if you took a second to get over the initial shock.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:34 PM
  #34
TheHoser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: English Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,307
vCash: 500
I always supported the pick, personally. I was little surprised by it, I'll admit, but I liked it from day one. The prospect of one day having a huge, mobile franchise goalie between the pipes was just too sweet to pass on. I'm still not sold on Brule, and honestly think he'll never be anything more then a 2nd liner, and Kopitar came completely out of left field for me, so I had nothing to say "Why didn't we pick him instead!" too.

Carey Price rocks!

TheHoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:16 PM
  #35
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,382
vCash: 500
Congrats to Price and to the Canadiens and their fans who had the cahonies to stand up for the contreversial pick on the draft day. Being a Kings fan I was happy as it aided us in nabbing a stud but in the end it looks like it all worked out for Habs fans. Again congrats on a stellar debut Mr. Price.

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:31 PM
  #36
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 20,239
vCash: 777
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I get what you and BG are saying...but being surprised and shocked doesn't mean it's automatically a bad pick. If you think about it, at the time of the draft the Habs had Theodore, an unproven Huet, a promising prospect in Danis but still a player who was ignored at the draft, an unknown Halak and an even more obscure pick in Heino-Lindbergh.

Drafting Carey Price (if they felt he was BPA at the time) made total sense if you took a second to get over the initial shock.
maybe i dont know the meaning of the word, but what was obscure about the habs picking heino-lindbergh???

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 09:39 AM
  #37
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 24,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingsfan View Post
maybe i dont know the meaning of the word, but what was obscure about the habs picking heino-lindbergh???
By obscure, I mean that Heino-Lindbergh was a player no one ever heard about and even still to this day only Habs fans on this board and SEL fans know who he is.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 10:48 AM
  #38
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,321
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Lindberg is a good goalie man.. i have always been high on him and one day can be an NHL goalie.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 12:50 PM
  #39
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 24,373
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montréal Russians View Post
Lindberg is a good goalie man.. i have always been high on him and one day can be an NHL goalie.
Didn't say he wasn't...he's just an unknown at this point.

417 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 03:05 PM
  #40
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 20,239
vCash: 777
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
By obscure, I mean that Heino-Lindbergh was a player no one ever heard about and even still to this day only Habs fans on this board and SEL fans know who he is.
yeah ok. i didnt really care much for the draft and stuff 4 years ago. but i know he is a good goalie and that he is going to be the starter with farjestad next season. they have said that they would rather have him in net next season then swedish national team goalie daniel henriksson. the habs goaltending future sure looks bright.

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 06:26 PM
  #41
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
I liked the Price pick and wasn't that surprised, the Habs brass was apparently very high on Shwartz his draft year, I was thinking it was a matter of time before they took a goalie in the first round. Price having a big frame, quickness, calmness and outstanding puck handling skills, he seemed to be a good fit. But generally, I don't go into the draft with any expectations, I just try to get informed on the possible picks. The one that surprised me the most the last few years was the Higgins pick.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 08:49 PM
  #42
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,617
vCash: 883
I hated it at first because I wanted Kopitar and I had some faith in good ole Theo.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:22 PM
  #43
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,665
vCash: 500
Carey Price just made 34 saves for a shutout in game 1 of the Hamilton-Rochester series


Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:41 PM
  #44
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 20,239
vCash: 777
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
i have to say im impressed.

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:42 PM
  #45
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 500
He didn't have to make one difficult save. He looked calm and in position, but I could have played goal tonight for Hamilton.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:52 PM
  #46
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,665
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
He didn't have to make one difficult save. He looked calm and in position, but I could have played goal tonight for Hamilton.
from the sounds of it he made alot of nice saves towards the end of the game including a highlight real save with the tip of his stick.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
  #47
VanNistelrooy
Registered User
 
VanNistelrooy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Habs Land
Posts: 2,603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
He didn't have to make one difficult save. He looked calm and in position, but I could have played goal tonight for Hamilton.
Have you seen the game ?

VanNistelrooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:54 PM
  #48
sabrefan27
Registered User
 
sabrefan27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
from the sounds of it he made alot of nice saves towards the end of the game.
The only good chances we had were shot wide. Wide open net and MacArthur either hit the post of shot wide. Booth wide open in the slot and he shoots it over the net. Don't get me wrong, for a 19 year old, I was impressed. But those were the most uneventful 34 shots I've ever seen.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:02 PM
  #49
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
Carey Price just made 34 saves for a shutout in game 1 of the Hamilton-Rochester series


Congrats to Carey Price on his first playoff victory (and a shutout, nice bonus for his GAA + Save Percentage stats!! )
First star of the game (another bonus!!).

--------------- ---------------

Like "MarkovforNorris" wrote :

Only 3 career AHL games for Carey Price, and...
2 first star selections.
1 third star selection.


Last edited by Mr. Hab: 04-19-2007 at 09:12 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:10 PM
  #50
Qui Gon Dave
Registered User
 
Qui Gon Dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cheshire, England
Country: England
Posts: 8,504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
He didn't have to make one difficult save. He looked calm and in position, but I could have played goal tonight for Hamilton.
What would you call the one where the Amerk was wide open in the slot on the far post who shoots high into the empty side and Price was forced to dive at full stretch from the other post towards the far top corner and just got enough of it to deflect it over? If that wasn't a difficult save, I don't know what could be classed as one. Maybe the Amerks didn't trouble him enough, but you are wrong to say he didn't make one difficult save. He made it in the 3rd peroid of his first playoff game in the AHL with his team up by 1 goal. Difficult and big.

Still, I'm looking forward to the rest of this series, it's gonna be good. Hopefully Price can continue to make the saves (big, small, easy, difficult) for us to get some more wins.

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.