vCash: 500
Hair pulling?!?

What a @#$! pansy.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:10 PM
chaachie12

bush league...speaking of bush league, how about the ref's? I am not sure how the Wild picked up the extra minor to go down 5 on 3. Horrible.

Way to go Burns though! He messed Kunitz up after the hair pulling incident!

chaachie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:11 PM
MN_Gopher

BS penalty leads to a BS goal. Thank you referees. We stick up and clear the crease and thats worth a penalty. If we crash and nothing gets called, it will be a long night.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:15 PM
Hrudey92

least you dont have to listen to the Duck announcers. Talking about how big a loss Huskins would be and how the Wild stand no chance playing physically against the Ducks. Makes me sick.

Hrudey92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:27 PM
ceber

Well, I think man for man we'd lose the physical game. We need one or two more bangers. However, it looks like the Ducks are easy to irritate, because they're starting to pull some dumb moves tonight.

Huskins? I don't think the Ducks players would even notice if he wasn't out there.

Old
04-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Bucky Ducky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
BS penalty leads to a BS goal. Thank you referees. We stick up and clear the crease and thats worth a penalty. If we crash and nothing gets called, it will be a long night.
Wow, to hear Wild fans complaining about refs is funny. It seems they get EVERY call when at home.

Bucky Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:30 PM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneDuck View Post
Wow, to hear Wild fans complaining about refs is funny. It seems they get EVERY call when at home.
it's only when these ridiculous calls lead to goals...that was a bad call, and now the Wild are down because of it. Should have been coincidentals, you let me know where the penalty was...

Old
04-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Go_Krog*

wild started the whole scrum when someone dumped perry. it was pretty obvious.

Go_Krog* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:45 PM
ceber

Disagree..scrum started due to goaltender running.

Old
04-13-2007, 10:45 PM
MN_Gopher

thats what happens when u hack at the goalie.

Last edited by MN_Gopher: 04-13-2007 at 10:57 PM.
MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 10:51 PM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceber View Post
Disagree..scrum started due to goaltender running.
bingo!

Old
04-13-2007, 10:55 PM
Go_Krog*

Backstrom wasnt touched.

Old
04-13-2007, 11:28 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 450
Anaheim is very capable of giving up 2 goals a game. I don't know why the offense isn't allowed to generate any pressure. I see teams play the trap and still create offense, but it seems like the Wild are too afraid of getting caught that they wait for Anaheim to make mistakes and you don't win games doing that.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Realm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Krog View Post
Backstrom wasnt touched.
Hey Jason Krog, You have 35 posts.....go gain some posts somewhere else.

Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2007, 11:58 PM
Davey Duck

Quote:
Well, I think man for man we'd lose the physical game. We need one or two more bangers. However, it looks like the Ducks are easy to irritate, because they're starting to pull some dumb moves tonight.

Huskins? I don't think the Ducks players would even notice if he wasn't out there.
Just because no one has ever heard of Huskins doesn't mean he's no good. He actually has made the loss of Shane O'Brien very bearable. He's played great for us.

Davey Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 08:23 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Duck View Post
Just because no one has ever heard of Huskins doesn't mean he's no good. He actually has made the loss of Shane O'Brien very bearable. He's played great for us.
Sure he's got talent, he's playing in the NHL. People often understimate what that means, I think. But on a team with Pronger and Nieds he's expendable, I'd say.

Old
04-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Go_Krog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm View Post
oh noes i dont spend enough time on a message board full of homers.

Old
04-14-2007, 06:05 PM
State of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaachie12 View Post
it's only when these ridiculous calls lead to goals...that was a bad call, and now the Wild are down because of it. Should have been coincidentals, you let me know where the penalty was...
Actually, Kunitz should have gotten the extra minor and there is no debate about it. Hair pulling is a two minute minor for unsportsmanlike. Instead of them with a 5 on 3 and eventually 5 on 4 (when they scored), it should have been 4 on 4 and then 5 on 4 for the Wild.

State of Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sure he's got talent, he's playing in the NHL. People often understimate what that means, I think. But on a team with Pronger and Nieds he's expendable, I'd say.
Expendable, but very necessary for the team. He gets about 9 minutes of ice time, and he's been really good for Anaheim.

As far as the hair pulling, it looked to me as if Kunitz was trying to make a grab for the jersey and just missed. He immediately let go once he got the grip.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 07:02 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Krog View Post
Backstrom wasnt touched.
Backstrom was touched. Andy Mac came in and took another quick poke at the puck. It wasn't much, but most teams would react the way Minny did.

Old
04-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrudey92 View Post
least you dont have to listen to the Duck announcers. Talking about how big a loss Huskins would be and how the Wild stand no chance playing physically against the Ducks. Makes me sick.
You really think Minny can match up physically against the Ducks? I don't. Minny is a relatively soft team in that regards. I'm not saying they can't play physically, but it's certainly not their game, and their players aren't exactly going to scare or intimidate a lot of teams by doing it.

Old
04-14-2007, 07:42 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

By the looks of the fight, Kunitz was just trying to grab onto something, and his hand grabbed Burns' hair. He then let go and got a hold of the jersey. I don't see any problem with it.

And, the extra penalty was far from BS. It happened when one of the Ducks(Perry, I think, but I'm not sure) got completely dumped. He did crash the net, but, if you've ever played hockey you'd know that if you go over the edge and dump someone when a scrum in front of the crease happens you're gonna get penalized for it. Pushing and shoving is allowed, but when you actually go and knock someone over in one of those, you'll usually get a penalty. As for crashing the net, you'll get penalized at times, but only if you go overboard with the slashing and/or if it's well after the whistle was blown. Neither applies in this case, so I don't see why Anaheim would get penalized.

I can understand complaints, and any fans would in that scenario, but, the refs did call it right in that scrum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realm
Wow, real mature ragging on someone's post count. You do realize that you yourself only had 35 posts once, right?

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Wild Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Darsh View Post
By the looks of the fight, Kunitz was just trying to grab onto something, and his hand grabbed Burns' hair. He then let go and got a hold of the jersey. I don't see any problem with it.
That's the way I saw it, too. How often does Kunitz fight? Because it didn't look as though either one of these guys is all that accustomed to being in that sort of situation. Stuff like that happens, especially with relatively inexperienced fighters. As a Wild fan, I'd have liked to have seen it called, but given the way the refs have been letting everything else go in this series, I certainly didn't expect it. It's just hockey; Burns has plenty of hair, he won't miss a handful or two.

Wild Thing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Thing View Post
That's the way I saw it, too. How often does Kunitz fight? Because it didn't look as though either one of these guys is all that accustomed to being in that sort of situation. Stuff like that happens, especially with relatively inexperienced fighters. As a Wild fan, I'd have liked to have seen it called, but given the way the refs have been letting everything else go in this series, I certainly didn't expect it. It's just hockey; Burns has plenty of hair, he won't miss a handful or two.
Very rarely. He loves to throw hits and go hard on the forecheck, but he almost never fights. I know some people don't like him (from opposing teams) because he hits so much, but I've never seen anything to suggest he's dirty. Tenacious, gritty, but not dirty.

Old
04-15-2007, 01:57 AM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
The original depth for the 5/6 d-man was Shane O'Brien, Jackman, and Huskins. Huskins had actually played on the NHL level during the season for a bit to make O'Brien expendable for a first round pick. GM Burkie was in a hunt for a veteran D-man along with a scoring forward during the trading deadline time line, but didn't come up with much (May, but performing well during the playoffs) or nothing at all.

Fast forward to just before the season's end. Jackman has been getting back spasms (I think that's what I read) that has made him unable to play at all, which prompted a recall of a rookie D-man from Anaheim's AHL affiliate in Portland, Maine. He, Jackman, is the 7th d-man and has NHL experience. So with him out, not having Huskins' 9 minutes of spelling time off for Neids and Prongs is a huge difference, especially if you're putting in a complete rookie to play defense in a playoff atmosphere vs a very tactical, methodical and expose one's defensive mistake team like the Wild. That's a compliment to the Wild team in that the Ducks need more than just Prongs, Neids and Beauch. And with so many penalties to kill, the 5/6 d-men become important players to spell time for Prongs and Neids, or else a tired D-man equates to a great scoring opportunity for the Wild, namely Gaborik or Demitra.

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote