HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

caps hate

Old
04-14-2007, 12:02 AM
beerman

vCash: 500
caps hate

check out this ranger fan rant.......pretty harsh

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=8...&postcount=188

beerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 12:38 AM
Langway
Intangibles

Yeah...damn those 'illegite towns'...

Langway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Jasper17

its harsh, but I'm not sure its untrue.

all except the part about the team should move, DC is a pretty big market for the NHL to ignore.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 11:24 AM
The Viking Fury

So basically the NHL is ruined because we draw college kids with the promise of free pizza or golf lessons, and we make gritty faces at fans of road teams? His conclusion does not follow logically from his arguements

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
So basically the NHL is ruined because we draw college kids with the promise of free pizza or golf lessons, and we make gritty faces at fans of road teams? His conclusion does not follow logically from his arguements
by this argument, Pittsburgh should also lose it's NHL team.

Foy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 12:47 PM
TheBruinsFan

Send a message via AIM to TheBruinsFan
Wow what an ass. I'm the first to admit that the Capitals aren't very good but they do have potential, and to say that no one in DC understands hockey and everyone down here is just an ignorant, immature fool is somewhat insulting to me. Elitists like him are one of the reasons I hate going to games sometimes, theres always one sitting near me.

TheBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Kegger

vCash: 510
Comments were made from a 'illegit kid', what do you expect.

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2007, 01:46 PM
txpd

Most important thing first:

A little hate can be a good thing. Since no matter how good the Capitals have been thru their history and there is no denying that from time to time they have been genuine elite they have also been a very faceless team. In fact the Caps best player ever was a player that almost never showed up on a scoresheet(Langway). No goals, NO assists, No PM's. He would be the anti star in today's sportcenter centric sports world since he rarely even thru a highlight hit or just threw 'em.

That someone notices the Caps enough to hate them is good enough for me.

Also since its a Ranger fan complaining....I mean doesn't all the rest of the league hate them just on principle?

Less important...the attendance and the fans:

To say Washington area fans no nothing about hockey is ridiculous since the Washington metro is one of the most transiant centers of population in the country.
Locals are a minority with the majority being from everywhere else. So, yes there are a lot of people from the south that know nothing about hockey, but they are balance out by the hords from the northeast, Detroit, Chicago and so on. I think they know their hockey.

I think its also inaccurate to expect big attendance to see a last place hockey team.
Boston doesn't draw all that well when stinking it up and they are a hockey market. Don't be fooled by the big road attendance numbers that the Caps put up. They are the ultimate visiting team. They bring a wonderous superstar to put on a show and they will generally let the home team win. When the Caps were a unstarred, faceless, grind it out winning team, they didn't draw well for the opposite reasons.

In closing I would just offer to that poster that "we hate you back."

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote