HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Kostitsyn, Latendresse and 1st rounder vs Rental

Old
04-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Why the hysteria? Doesn't anyone read carefully?

Il aurait fallu donner Kostitsyn et Latendresse, en plus de notre choix de première ronde cette année. On ne voulait pas faire ça. C'était un prix trop élevé pour une équipe qui a un plan comme le nôtre.»

He said that it would be necessary to give up those assets to make a trade comparable to some of the deadline deals, such as for Smyth. But he added that it's too high a price to pay for a team with a plan like ours. He certainly didn't say the Habs would consider such a trade.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 07:56 PM
MadJah

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
That's pretty much what Boivin said in Cyberpresse

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20.../1002/CPSPORTS

It's not a Bob Gainey bashing thread.

Maybe they wouldve make the playoff but these 2 players will be key to this team right next year and for the next 5 at least.

I just want to know if you wouldve traded these players plus a first rounder for Ryan Smyth, Tkachuk, Bertuzzi, Guerin or else?
I'd do it for Rhino, maybe even Bertuzzi.

MadJah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:23 PM
le_sean

Gainey is not stupid enough to do a trade like that. I would have stopped watching hockey if he did. IMO Latendresse and Kostitsyn are a lot better than Nilsson and O'Marra.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Gainey is not stupid enough to do a trade like that. I would have stopped watching hockey if he did. IMO Latendresse and Kostitsyn are a lot better than Nilsson and O'Marra.

You're right about that. Any trade for them would have to be a a player better (and younger) than Smyth. As for Bertuzzi, I wouldn't give anything for him. Florida was rooked.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
+1