HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Q&A with Scott Barney

Closed Thread

Old
12-17-2003, 03:31 PM
David A. Rainer

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Q&A with Scott Barney

The interview conducted by kingsjohn is up on the HF frontpage.

12-17-2003, 03:41 PM
Fro the Love

Send a message via AIM to Fro the Love
Good Stuff.

Old
12-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Brock

Great Interview.

I've always been a huge fan of Scott Barney. He used to be my favourite prospect back before his back injury. I was so disapointed to learn that he may have retired.

Then he came back and it was great to see. He struggled last year, but after 3 years off from hockey and then going and playing essentially your rookie season in the AHL. It's got to be tough.

This year he has been great, judging from the statistics at least. Maybe someone who watches Manchester a fair amoung can chime in with their thoughts on him.

Old
12-17-2003, 06:22 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
Great Interview.

I've always been a huge fan of Scott Barney. He used to be my favourite prospect back before his back injury. I was so disapointed to learn that he may have retired.

Then he came back and it was great to see. He struggled last year, but after 3 years off from hockey and then going and playing essentially your rookie season in the AHL. It's got to be tough.

This year he has been great, judging from the statistics at least. Maybe someone who watches Manchester a fair amoung can chime in with their thoughts on him.
The Monarchs PR guy Mike Kalinowski (who I can never thank enough for his help on this) had nothing but the best things to say about Scott. Scott was a really nice guy. If I learned one thing about him from this interview it was how much he loves the game. Scott is really a class act

Old
12-17-2003, 06:50 PM
jfont

Awards:
great read...thanks john...

12-18-2003, 08:57 AM
tc

Send a message via AIM to tc
Great Stuff John!

Old
12-18-2003, 09:33 AM
Game Misconduct

Great job, John!

Old
12-18-2003, 10:17 AM
Capn Brown

There was one thing about the interview that wasn't clear to me. He missed three years due to ....... an alignment problem?!! I mean, I've had my spine misaligned as well and yes there was pain, but a quick visit to the chiropractor fixed everything fast.

Was it a case where he had "a little bit" of pain, yet ignored the signs and kept on playing and working out and thus making the situation worse?

And there ARE actual "wrong" ways to work out that WILL lead to spinal misalignments. I'm wondering if this was the path Barney went down....

Can anybody here clarify? Thanks!

Old
12-18-2003, 10:37 AM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daleks
There was one thing about the interview that wasn't clear to me. He missed three years due to ....... an alignment problem?!! I mean, I've had my spine misaligned as well and yes there was pain, but a quick visit to the chiropractor fixed everything fast.

Was it a case where he had "a little bit" of pain, yet ignored the signs and kept on playing and working out and thus making the situation worse?

And there ARE actual "wrong" ways to work out that WILL lead to spinal misalignments. I'm wondering if this was the path Barney went down....

Can anybody here clarify? Thanks!
It was more of a birth defect and that led to multiple disc problems, which ultimately becomes nerve issues and very painful.

Quote:
Before the surgeries and most importantly the 2 Dr's that helped him, everything was making his back worse.

Quote:
Anytime you lift anything incorrectly or put a strain on your back you are going to affect your back. It just depends on what condition your back was in before and how much or little damage you do.

I had a back condition that warranted surgery and I can tell you Scott 's was exponentially worse

Last edited by Old Hickory: 12-19-2003 at 06:33 AM.

Old
12-19-2003, 12:04 AM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Tremendous job, John... I've been lax in replying, but I've been thinking you did some great work!

More, more, more!

Old
12-19-2003, 07:52 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Hey john, are you sure that it was Barney you talked to and not someone posing as Barney?

Closed Thread