HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

rachunek

Old
04-15-2007, 02:42 AM
devilsfan30

vCash: 500
rachunek

One Ranger who definitely won't dress is D Karel Rachunek (knee), but is a possibility for Game 3, according to Renney.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

devilsfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 04:44 AM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsfan30 View Post
One Ranger who definitely won't dress is D Karel Rachunek (knee), but is a possibility for Game 3, according to Renney.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/
as of this writing i didn't have the time to read the article because i'm at work and can't access it. but i'd imagine off-hand if he's back then most likely girardi or pock will sit; they've been fine but have had their moments in their own zone these first 2 games. not saying i'd expect them to be vets by now but in the playoffs there's little margin for error. plus i'm sure renney would like the pp to be a little more efficient too.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 05:35 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Rachunek has not been cleared by the Rangers medical staff for any contact

Quote:
D Karel Rachunek returned to practice, though he was instructed to avoid contact, after a three-day break from skating.
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/

That is from Dellapina's blog entry on Friday.He didn't skate for three days because he pushed himself too hard in a skate earlier this week and was limping the next day

From Thursday

Quote:
Rachunek limped out of the dressing room after the skate and said he had "a little setback" in his recovery from a sprained knee after two days of hard skating. But he remains confident that he'll play at some point in this series and expects to resume skating tomorrow
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/rangers/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 05:43 AM
shon

Do you honestly think they will sit Girardi . He has played 19+ minutes both games and is a plus. Pock didn't play much yesterday. He is very good but doesn't bring the defensive game G does.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon View Post
Do you honestly think they will sit Girardi . He has played 19+ minutes both games and is a plus. Pock didn't play much yesterday. He is very good but doesn't bring the defensive game G does.
Unless someone goes down, Pck sitts.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 06:30 AM
score77

Send a message via AIM to score77
Sam's blog Friday http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/
Quote:
Karel Rachunek also skated and looked fairly mobile. Renney has upgraded the defenseman to “day-to-day” and given Tommy Pock’s misadventures last night, I wonder if there may be a greater need to get Rachunek back sooner rather than later. Either way, tomorrow is highly doubtful.

score77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 06:31 AM
Morandi11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Unless someone goes down, Pck sitts.
i second that,
as much as i like pock, pairing him with mara is suboptimal, for both of 'em.
+ i would not force rachunek's comeback. if he is 100%, ok ... but there is no need to put pressure on this issue.

Morandi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 08:48 AM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morandi11 View Post
i second that,
+ i would not force rachunek's comeback. if he is 100%, ok ... but there is no need to put pressure on this issue.
that pairing lokked pretty good in game 2...pock improved his play too, he was quick to the puck and aggressive. mara looks a little banged up .

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
i would not force rachunek's comeback. if he is 100%, ok ... but there is no need to put pressure on this issue.
+1

no need to force the issue.... wait until he is ready.... We are not the team playing in desperation right now so no need to force anyone into the lineup...

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:17 AM
Ola

Quote:
i second that,
Yeah, I agree 110%.

Mara is not playing all that well. He is a good fit, his size is really valuble, his shoot is really valueble. He can drop gloves.

But he doesn't take great decisions all the time. He hangs on to the puck too long at times, he doesn't got great awareness.

In the end I defenitly won't argue that he contributes to this team, but playing next to him can be pretty tough. He puts his partner in awkward situations at times. Rozi-Malik and Girardi-Tyutin will be kept together.

The options are:
Pck-Mara
Rachunek-Mara
Pck-Rachunek

Id go with Rachunek-Mara.

At the same time, Rach needs to be 100%, he needs to be at the same level as Toots were when he came back. He can't step-in in the same shape as Hossa have, not on defense. Then Pck is a upgrade over him.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 09:50 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shon View Post
No, Pock would sit.

04-15-2007, 10:28 AM
NYROrtsFan

There is not even a doubt anymore... Pock would sit.

Question comes down to Pock or Rachunek. I liked the way Pock was playing there for a while but the guy has just been bad since the playoffs have started. Don't trust him much at all out there and he didnt even get more than 10 minutes of ice time yesterday.

I have my issues with Rachunek though... The guy is brutal 1 on 1 and if he plays, i think will cost us big time at least once.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Pock would definetly sit... also remember how good the Rachunek Mara pair was before Rachunek went down? I wouldn't rush Rachunek back, but when he is healthy defiently put him with Mara

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:40 AM
NYR469

pock has been our worst player imo, he looked completely overwhelmed and rachunek would be a big upgrade. not to mention mara played much better paired with rachunek...

but given the fact that he isn't even practicing regularly yet i think the chances of him appearing in this series is slim.

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-15-2007, 11:43 AM
blue2noise

I hope he's back soon. Pock cannot keep up.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote