Old
07-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 1200
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austroilia View Post
Great win from the Reds last night. They were all over the Blues for most of the game. Their defense was a bit questionable though, they'll need to toughen up against the Crusaders though.

Awesome to see the two most offensively minded teams in the final though, hopefully it means this style will be how the world cup is played.
The Crusaders aren't exactly offensively minded let alone one of the two most offensively minded teams in the competition. They just put up a lot of points because they have such a dominant forward pack and talented back line. Teams like the Blues or even the Cheetahs play a much more offensive minded game than the Crusaders do.

Old
07-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Austroilia

vCash: 500
Huh, every time I've watched them they've been crazy attacking. Actually except their game against the Reds now I think about it.

I haven't watched them that much though, but they seemed more run and gun than most teams. But that could have just been SBW offloading like a madman.

Old
07-06-2011, 08:12 AM
Miss Ausguins
Needs moar Vodka

I was watching Origin 3 just before and Sonny Bill Williams was sucking up to the Commentators in a Queensland Scarf at half time and I was like WTF (because he has played for NSW before he pinged off to France).

Looks like any chance of the North Queensland Cowboys being competitive for the rest of the NRL season has taken a nosedive with Jonathon Thurston and his knee injury (maybe I could be proven wrong). For those of you who don't know who he is, Jonathon Thurston is in a way the Rugby League version of Sid.

Old
07-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austroilia View Post
Huh, every time I've watched them they've been crazy attacking. Actually except their game against the Reds now I think about it.

I haven't watched them that much though, but they seemed more run and gun than most teams. But that could have just been SBW offloading like a madman.
It's more because SBW/Fruean just teams apart more than because they are offensive minded. Hell they just have a sick backline all around except Ellis, and they live off a forward pack that is full of All Blacks. They're one of the best offensive teams no doubt, but they're still a defensive/fundamental based team first.

It's like, I haven't looked at the numbers this season, but you could say the Tigers are a more offensive minded team than the Storm. It doesn't necessarily mean they score more than the Storm though because the Storm do everything well and have the horses to put the points up.

Last edited by Morozov: 07-06-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old
07-06-2011, 10:03 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miz Ozguinz View Post
I was watching Origin 3 just before and Sonny Bill Williams was sucking up to the Commentators in a Queensland Scarf at half time and I was like WTF (because he has played for NSW before he pinged off to France).
It was only Under 19s NSW that SBW played for at least, but yeah I think we all know loyalty doesn't mean very much to him anyway

Old
07-06-2011, 11:03 AM
CycloneLaunch

Minichiello smh

Old
07-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Blue Dragon

What a low act by Smith on Hayne. It honestly should have been an automatic early bath. Section 15, 1 (c) of the rules of the game.
PDF version Here

Old
07-06-2011, 11:18 PM
Miss Ausguins
Needs moar Vodka

Im not exactly a fan of Cam Smith (and I despise the Melbourne Storm), I thought that Referee Archer was going to march him (BTW, im a Queenslander).

Old
07-09-2011, 07:40 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Great effort Reds

Old
07-12-2011, 08:03 AM
Miss Ausguins
Needs moar Vodka

I agree with Morozov.......

Way to go Queensland Reds on defeating the Canterbury Crusaders 18-13 on Saturday Night......There was even a party at home for the game and my Parents who are major Rugby fans who have seen more crap that went on for years were so happy (and the dogs didn't even move).

Old
07-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Roughneck

Send a message via MSN to Roughneck
I'm glad the Reds won, if only to spread the love in Super Rugby. Seemed as though that season really flew by.

Now bring on the World Cup already.

Old
07-17-2011, 08:01 AM
CycloneLaunch

Shocker by The Wallabies

Old
07-17-2011, 08:44 PM
Austroilia

God it was terrible wasn't it? Giteau was absolute rubbish, if it was up to me he wouldn't even be in the World Cup team. But without Barnes we need someone to back Cooper up I guess.

We looked good with Beale and Genia on, and Digby was really solid, otherwise a terrible game.

Samoa could be a wildcard at the Cup though. If they play like that they could go far

Old
07-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

bahahahahahahaha

but with your proper team this week you should handle this South Africa C team no problem.

Old
07-20-2011, 03:53 AM
Miss Ausguins
Needs moar Vodka

I wasn't at home whilst the Wallabies game was on tv. However, I was listening to the sunday NRL game on my iPod (it does have a radio) and I got an update on the game. I was even texting my Mother as to what the heck was going on and she was like No Comment

Old
07-22-2011, 03:11 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

http://tsn.ca/rugby/story/?id=372115

TSN going to air World Cup 2011 and 2015

In other news; I have University Try-outs on August 29th, I've ever been so nervous

Old
08-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Lol nice try Aussies

Old
08-08-2011, 01:22 AM
clefty
Ice cream for crow

If there's an upside for the rest of the world (but mostly Australia, who I think are the only team who stands a chance against them in the WC) its that I don't think New Zealand can play any better than that.

If there's an upside.

Old
08-08-2011, 06:38 AM
Blue Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post
If there's an upside for the rest of the world (but mostly Australia, who I think are the only team who stands a chance against them in the WC) its that I don't think New Zealand can play any better than that.

If there's an upside.
The other upside for Australia is that the boys from the land of the long white cloud are traditionally chokers at the RWC.

Old
08-08-2011, 07:27 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clefty View Post

If there's an upside.
Let's see how Aussie goes against the proper Springboks before saying they are the only ones who can challenge the All Blacks. Of course the AB's can definitely play better than that. Richie still isn't back to his best. Gear wasn't anywhere near as destructive as he can be, was very quiet. Read wasn't anywhere near his best. We still haven't even decided who our two best wingers are Sivi was good this game, Zac and CJ were awesome the previous game, and Henry rates Gear as our best winger so it's a real toss up. Crockett gave away a couple of dumb penalties, a fully fit Woodcock will be much better for us. SBW barely featured and we've all seen how much impact he can make.

I mean we mucked around with Slade on the wing for like 30 minutes of the game. That could have been CJ or Zac tearing it up like the week before and instantly our performance would have been much better.

Not to mention we had Andy Ellis playing, having Andy Ellis not being on the field instantly makes our performance better lol. On a similar note, we don't even fully know who our best halfback is.

and once Dagg comes back from his injury, that's one more guy into the mix who could make us even better. DC, Franks, Weepu, they were at the top of their game, the rest all have room to improve.

Last edited by Morozov: 08-08-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old
08-08-2011, 07:06 PM
clefty
Ice cream for crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
The other upside for Australia is that the boys from the land of the long white cloud are traditionally chokers at the RWC.
In New Zealand, though? I wouldn't bet on it this time.

Old
08-08-2011, 07:56 PM
CycloneLaunch

What was up with Cooper's forward passes? Ha.

And since this doubles as the Rugby League thread from time to time, Broncos/Warriors on Saturday was awesome too.

That Shaun Johnson try was amazing

Old
08-08-2011, 10:55 PM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Yeah that try was phenomenal. Going to be hard in a couple of years when we need to pick between Benji, Foran, Johnson for the Kiwi halves, a nice change after usually having just one good half if any over the past however many years.

Old
08-10-2011, 11:08 AM
Rocko604
Playoffs?

Hoping to get some thoughts, opinions and maybe a few pointers from the players here:

Back in 2009, at the age of 26, I went out and played rugby for the first time. It was a disaster to say the least. Wasn't in good enough shape, conditioning sucked. To make matters worse, I didn't know much about the game, so I read books and watched videos like a madman. In the end, it just didn't work out. The club didn't really seem to appreciate an out-of-shape rookie come on to a club that already sucked. They decided put me in the #5 position (lock/second row), but didn't teach me anything to do with the scrum, so every time I lined up, I had the outside flanker or #8 yelling at me for one reason or another. The club also didn't have a 3rd Division team (ie. where the beginners and less-dedicated play), so never got any playing time.

Anyway, I left the club, and the game for that matter, last September, after a summer full of foot and back problems, which limited me from running and lifting.

With the Rugby World Cup fast approaching, I'm getting the itch to play again. I'm not planning to go out this season, but use the time to get into the best shape possible. I also am leaning towards a larger, more established club (that has a 3rd division team), and one that seems to be welcoming to newbies. At least it seems so on their website. While my skill level might be that of a pet rock, I'll go with the adage of "I may lack the skill, but make up for it with fitness". My ultimate goal is to play Rugby 7's at the 2015 World Police and Fire Games in DC.

I'll be 29 at the start of the 2012-13 season.

Old
08-13-2011, 11:10 AM
YunBruin

Send a message via MSN to YunBruin
If Gatland still refuses to put Hook at 10, after today's performance I'm gonna start punching suckers in the face!

Closed Thread