HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Martin and Hale

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 05:57 PM
panayiotis

vCash: 500
Martin and Hale

The Devils have 2 rookie d-men taking regular shifts. John youre theory is a team with 2 rookie d-men can not compete for the cup. The only reason Woywitka was not in philly was Clarke locked up a bunch of stiffs to big contracts.

Old
12-18-2003, 06:04 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
The Devils have 2 rookie d-men taking regular shifts. John youre theory is a team with 2 rookie d-men can not compete for the cup. The only reason Woywitka was not in philly was Clarke locked up a bunch of stiffs to big contracts.
I disagree wholeheartedly.

The Flyers started the season with Pitkanen & Vandermeer (who is essentially a rookie).

Woywitka is going to be a good one, but he hadn't been better than any of the other defenseman as of yet. He would have been ready next year.

The 6 best defenseman should play regardless of age or salary.

Old
12-18-2003, 08:02 PM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

The Flyers started the season with Pitkanen & Vandermeer (who is essentially a rookie).

Woywitka is going to be a good one, but he hadn't been better than any of the other defenseman as of yet. He would have been ready next year.

Woywitka isnt ready for the NHL and his play in the AHL shows that. He will be a good one(maybe)

Old
12-18-2003, 10:24 PM
panayiotis

Vandy no way

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan

Come on Vandy! He is a 6th d-man at best. He is playing the same minutes as Mcaillister. Woywitka might have been ready after Christmas. All these dinos the flyers have on the blueline will only break down as the season drags on. Please stop selling Vandy. Dude cant stake and is not dropping his mits this year. Randy Jones is the wild card. His stats show promise.

Old
12-18-2003, 10:35 PM
blah

Martin is getting about the same amount of IT as Pitkanen and Hale I believe is getting less than Vandermeer. Don't try to make it seem like the Debs have them in their top 4.

Old
12-19-2003, 04:38 AM
swflyers8*

Send a message via Yahoo to swflyers8*
Quote:
Originally Posted by panayiotis
Come on Vandy! He is a 6th d-man at best. He is playing the same minutes as Mcaillister. Woywitka might have been ready after Christmas. All these dinos the flyers have on the blueline will only break down as the season drags on. Please stop selling Vandy. Dude cant stake and is not dropping his mits this year. Randy Jones is the wild card. His stats show promise.
Jim is a 6th d-man at best, that you are right about. The kid can skate though. Woywitka, what I did see of him, he was unsure on the puck and got caught many times. Jeff will need a lot of work and needs to mature a bit. Not dropping the gloves, oh, yeah he didn't do that against that guy from the Wild or last night, right..........

The person we need to get rid of is Therien. I am tired of him screwing up every time he is in the play. That is all he every does. I'd rather have Jimmy play than Therien.

Old
12-19-2003, 09:00 AM
DanKordicsFist

vCash:
It seems as though Hitchcock is matching an offensive and defensive defensemen together. If not for that I would like to see Seidenberg back up. He got that puck on net a lot. Maybe they could send Therien down every couple of weeks or throw him on waivers once in a while to get his head straight. He had a good start after riding buses with the Phantoms. Or better yet TRADE HIM FOR SOMETHING!!!!!

Old
12-19-2003, 11:18 AM
panayiotis

Woyitka will be a 3-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Jim is a 6th d-man at best, that you are right about. The kid can skate though. Woywitka, what I did see of him, he was unsure on the puck and got caught many times. Jeff will need a lot of work and needs to mature a bit. Not dropping the gloves, oh, yeah he didn't do that against that guy from the Wild or last night, right..........

The person we need to get rid of is Therien. I am tired of him screwing up every time he is in the play. That is all he every does. I'd rather have Jimmy play than Therien.
How much better is Rags-Rico-Weinrich-Vandy then Therrien? Vandy is a terrible skater. Watch his pivots and see how he retreats to no avail. Coaches around the league no that and quick change fws how will beat him wide.

Old
12-19-2003, 01:09 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanKordicsFist
It seems as though Hitchcock is matching an offensive and defensive defensemen together. If not for that I would like to see Seidenberg back up. He got that puck on net a lot. Maybe they could send Therien down every couple of weeks or throw him on waivers once in a while to get his head straight. He had a good start after riding buses with the Phantoms. Or better yet TRADE HIM FOR SOMETHING!!!!!
I think they like when KJ-Rico-Joni pinch if possible.

Old
12-19-2003, 01:24 PM
Gagne2433

Send a message via AIM to Gagne2433
Exactly. He MAY BE GOOD ONE DAY.

The Flyers lost a player with a lot of potential, but in reality, gained a player who has already proven he can score 20-30 goals and is not this old fart everyone seems to think he is.

He's 23. Don't let that get lost. He's got heart and grit and most importantly, unbelievable offensive skills.

I love this trade. No 'if's' 'and's' or 'but's' about it

Old
12-19-2003, 02:01 PM
Unthinkable

vCash:
Looking at the average Time On Ice stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Martin is getting about the same amount of IT as Pitkanen and Hale I believe is getting less than Vandermeer. Don't try to make it seem like the Debs have them in their top 4.
According to NHL.Com:

Time On Ice: TOI/G
12 PAUL MARTIN 17:34 5th most TOI on D behind White's 19:49
13 DAVID HALE 14:41 6th most TOI on D behind Paul Martin

Vs.

Time On Ice: TOI/G
9 JONI PITKANEN 17:07 6th most TOI on D behind Therien's 18:29
12 JIM VANDERMEER 16:20 7th most TOI on D behind Pitkanen

Old
12-19-2003, 02:03 PM
Fla.Flyer.Fan

It could tern out that Comrie never scores another goal and Woywitka becomes the greatest D-Man of all time, anything is possible. All you can do is go on what you know. As I see it we have traded 'potential ability' for 'proven ability.' It certainly isn't the worst trade I've ever seen!

Closed Thread