HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist.... you suck chant?

Old
04-16-2007, 09:30 AM
WheresBarnaby

vCash: 500
Henrik Lundqvist.... you suck chant?

I know this is maybe boardline waste of a thread space, but I'm curious. What is that chant and why? Well I guess I know why, but that's a pretty bad friggin chant. Heard it first at the infamous Hollweg/Simon game in Nassau, and I'm pretty sure I've heard it on TV coming from Atlanta. Where did it come from, and how has it spread from the Islander fans to the Thrasher fans? Or am I just imagining things and it's not happening in Atlanta?

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

its just

lundqvist......ludqvist.....lundqvist.....YOU SUCK

as for its origin, i have no idea.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:42 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
I know this is maybe boardline waste of a thread space, but I'm curious. What is that chant and why? Well I guess I know why, but that's a pretty bad friggin chant. Heard it first at the infamous Hollweg/Simon game in Nassau, and I'm pretty sure I've heard it on TV coming from Atlanta. Where did it come from, and how has it spread from the Islander fans to the Thrasher fans? Or am I just imagining things and it's not happening in Atlanta?
I've heard worse.

the old "Alan Arbour beats his wife" chant

the really tasteless "Buy a Porsche Hextall, buy a Porsche" soon after Pelle Lindburgh passed away in a car crash

The Garden use to have a reputation as a place teams hated to go to play games in. The fans is the Blue seats USED to be filled with poor folk and lots of criminals and some of the lowest form of pond scum known to man (Proud to include myself in that group) Red Seats will always suck. Imagine that, we even heckled our own fans.

The Garden is not what it used to be, somehow they classed the place up and that's unfortunate, because they got rid of alot of identity while doing it.

The Chant, it's no big deal. We've heard and bestowed worse on our-selves

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:50 AM
ftyutin51

That's a terrible chant...

I think if fans were to boo or mock Lundqvist with those stupid, non catchy chants, it would only make him do better. Rangers might not win the game but atleast Lundqvist would be on top of his game.

ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:54 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I've heard worse.

the really tasteless "Buy a Porsche Hextall, buy a Porsche" soon after Pelle Lindburgh passed away in a car crash

The Garden use to have a reputation as a place teams hated to go to play games in. The fans is the Blue seats USED to be filled with poor folk and lots of criminals and some of the lowest form of pond scum known to man (Proud to include myself in that group) Red Seats will always suck. Imagine that, we even heckled our own fans.

The Garden is not what it used to be, somehow they classed the place up and that's unfortunate, because they got rid of alot of identity while doing it.

I thought it was 'beat your wife Denny beat your wife' from Potvin hitting his wife....?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:57 AM
blue2noise

I had quite a bit of fun screaming "Moooooooose" in my living room when Avery's bank shot went in.

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 09:57 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I've heard worse.

Al Arbour's full first name is ALGER. Wow. Awful.

Old
04-16-2007, 10:09 AM
RFAN

As Ranger fans we don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to chants. Some of the most tastless have been heard at the Garden over the years. Potvin Sucks is our mild one, right?

Alright everyone post the worst you have heard at MSG;

Here are two I remember-

Dumb Pollock... stupid Pollock... Pollock! Against Don Koraski(sp) for a missed call.

and

A$s-hole... from time to time against other teams guys.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:17 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
Al Arbour's full first name is ALGER. Wow. Awful.
Funny, I've always referred to him as Al, Alan or Radar (playing days nick-name)

but if that's his name, then I'm feeling kind of dumb right now.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:35 AM
MadHookUp

I remember at the Rangers Stanley cup parade the one side of the street chanted "Lets go Rangers" and the other side of that street followed with "F@#$ Vancouver!"

There was also the "Detroit Sucks" chant as Mike Keenan came down the street since it was rumoured during the finals he was leaving for Detroit.

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:58 AM
xander

why do professional sports crowds have the worst, most unimaginative chants? Lundqvist You Suck? Is that it? Man, can't imagine he's ever heard that before.

Last edited by xander: 04-16-2007 at 05:39 PM.
xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 10:59 AM
J-Dawg

jealousy, what can ya do?

J-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:08 AM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
why do professional sports corwds have the worst, most unimaginative chants? Lunqvist You Suck? Is that it? Man, can't imagine he's ever heard that before.

Atlanta is still a fairly new Hockey Town it's to be expected that their chants are gonna be a little amateurish. This is the first time since 1970 they saw a Hockey playoff game, I thought their crowd did a good job of being loud even though their team didn't really give them anything to cheer for.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:23 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
why do professional sports corwds have the worst, most unimaginative chants? Lunqvist You Suck? Is that it? Man, can't imagine he's ever heard that before.
Soccer/Football (especially English) chants are actually the most clever and witty, and also at times virulent, chants i have ever heard.

in fact i WISH that our fans would drop the "Potvin Sucks" chant or at the VERY least substitute the opposing teams name for Potvin. c'mon, it's so irritating to sit there (at times) watching a flat team and a flat unimaginative crowd whistling and screaming "Potvin Sucks".

super weak sauce, thats my rant.. haha..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Cherepanov 71

Alot of fans do it, I heard it alot during the dallas-vancouver game in vancouver. Turco Turco You Suck

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:49 AM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
I had quite a bit of fun screaming "Moooooooose" in my living room when Avery's bank shot went in.

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 11:50 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
hey y'all!

awesome our "you sucks" were heard on national television! lol

anyway, as for the origin of ours; well the sections where it originated from (316-320) is known as the "nasty nest" at Philips. we have lots of other chants as well. the "you suck" chant (goalie, goalie, goalie, YOU SUCK) actually was stolen from the cellblock 303 folks in nashville.

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:00 PM
bayrider

Don't feel so special Ranger fans, the 'goalie goalie goalie... YOU SUCK" chant happens every game, not just against the Rangers.

bayrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
The "goalie, goalie, goalie.....you suck" chant has been around for years. I've heard it at 75% or more of the game I've ever been to. AHL, NHL, CHL, doesn't matter.

At the CHL games they actually say "goalie" because nobody can remember the netminders names.

Rangers_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:02 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayrider View Post
Don't feel so special Ranger fans, the 'goalie goalie goalie... YOU SUCK" chant happens every game, not just against the Rangers.
Don't you have a tee time to make?

Old
04-16-2007, 12:09 PM
dank

harsh.. no reason for that..

oh wait, he is bandwagoning the Isles..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 12:13 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
harsh.. no reason for that..

oh wait, he is bandwagoning the Isles..
There'll be no shelter here, especially for bandwagoning Isle fans.

Old
04-16-2007, 12:42 PM
streen1000

Send a message via MSN to streen1000
ye its been said already, but english soccer fans have very good chants. I've been pretty dissapointed in the chants in all american sports venues anyways. Doesnt matter if its college or pro sports, it seems that alot people are more intrested in the "entertainment" value of the game, without actually taking part in it.

Sports isnt like going to the damn movies!! Stand up, stay up, and shout/sing the whole game. Oh btw, wouldnt hurt if people actually organised some sort of fanclubs that actually had organised chants etc. Two/three "lets go rangers" aint much (ye i know theres more in the playoffs).

streen1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Alison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
The "goalie, goalie, goalie.....you suck" chant has been around for years. I've heard it at 75% or more of the game I've ever been to. AHL, NHL, CHL, doesn't matter.

At the CHL games they actually say "goalie" because nobody can remember the netminders names.

For myself having watched alot of OHL games (I think you are referring to the central hockey leaguue and not the canadian hockey league) and we usually don't taunt the goalies until playoffs. We usually just chant their name tauntingly. Never thought of the you suck part. we just try and get under their skin.

Alison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison View Post
For myself having watched alot of OHL games (I think you are referring to the central hockey leaguue and not the canadian hockey league) and we usually don't taunt the goalies until playoffs. We usually just chant their name tauntingly. Never thought of the you suck part. we just try and get under their skin.
Yeah, I was referring to the lesser known Central Hockey League. I should have clarified.

Every one of those game I went to, regular season or playoffs, they would use the "you suck" goalie chant.