HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Semin sent home

Old
04-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Cush
-inator

vCash: 500
Semin sent home

http://news.sport-express.ru/online/.../nl184491.html

apparently he didn't show up on time (training camp)

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:56 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Here come the multiple posts about him being immature and a brat.

As long as he's here for camp next season....I don't care.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:57 PM
CCCP

I guess Bykov doesn't want to put up with any kind of crap.

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:58 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Here come the multiple posts about him being immature and a brat.

You know what they say...."If there's smoke..."

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Cush
-inator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post

pretty much the way I feel

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
pretty much the way I feel
Add 1 more to the tally. Not everyone is Steve Yzerman and not everyone has to be. As long as you're not negatively affecting your teammates, do what you need to do to be effective on the ice. Obviously he just broke that condition for Mother Russia, but he hasn't done it for the Capitals.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
HockeyCritter

Are we sure it isn't because he was injured?

HockeyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritter View Post
Are we sure it isn't because he was injured?
I am pretty sure if he was injured they (Coach/es) would just say so.

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Devil Dancer

I see this as a positive for the Caps. Let the Russians discipline him. He might learn something, and he will be mad at them, rather than the Caps organization.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
StikSav

What's so odd about this is he is in Russia so I am puzzled as to why he didn't show up. He left the US to return home before Ovechkin did. I have a feeling there is much more to this story that we have yet to hear.

StikSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Chimaera
same ol' Caps

Could care less. I'm happy guys are playing in the WC, but at the same time they need time off (and injuries are always a concern)

Chimaera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by StikSav View Post
What's so odd about this is he is in Russia so I am puzzled as to why he didn't show up. He left the US to return home before Ovechkin did. I have a feeling there is much more to this story that we have yet to hear.
I know nothing about the situation except for the little bit that has been translated. However, Semin is not from Moscow. He could have returned to Russia to visit family, etc., and he would not have been in or near the Moscow area.

Should be interesting to hear what happens next in terms of explanations/excuses depending on one's perspective.

I don't recall the specifics, but didn't he get kicked off a Russian national team once before and then asked back in part due to the efforts of certain players including Ovechkin?

And I agree with the other posters, I am not worried about this and the NHL/Capitals unless he doesn't show for training camp on time next season.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 06:09 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
i still think his foot cough head may still be hurting him

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
C-A-P-S

how immature!

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
C-A-P-S

can we say brat with a captial B

Old
04-16-2007, 06:45 PM
C-A-P-S

man how selfish! lets be punctual people!

okay I'm finished with my multiple posts complaining about this.

Old
04-16-2007, 06:50 PM
The Viking Fury

Good. Now clark can't steal any of his goals in USA vs. Russia games

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
Good. Now clark can't steal any of his goals in USA vs. Russia games

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
KenHiczkakenbalz

You're right that Semin isn't from Moscow. He's from nowhere close, actually... Krasnoyarsk, which is waaaaaaay the hell out in the middle of nowhere. I'll try to put up a map if I can figure out the picture thingies.

But Krasnoyarsk to Moscow is almost exactly halfway across the country. And Russia spans like 12 time zones or whatever.

Here's a map.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg krasnoyarsk.jpg‎ (42.0 KB, 101 views)

KenHiczkakenbalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
pgreene

that's great it starts with an earthquake birds and snakes and aero-planes... lenny bruce is not afraid.

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:17 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I see this as a positive for the Caps. Let the Russians discipline him. He might learn something, and he will be mad at them, rather than the Caps organization.
Good call.....but even I am getting worried and would consider a move, only if the return is extreme however

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:46 PM
StikSav

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I know nothing about the situation except for the little bit that has been translated. However, Semin is not from Moscow. He could have returned to Russia to visit family, etc., and he would not have been in or near the Moscow area.

Should be interesting to hear what happens next in terms of explanations/excuses depending on one's perspective.

I don't recall the specifics, but didn't he get kicked off a Russian national team once before and then asked back in part due to the efforts of certain players including Ovechkin?

And I agree with the other posters, I am not worried about this and the NHL/Capitals unless he doesn't show for training camp on time next season.

I have heard a little more than what's been said in the reports floating around from someone here in DC that knows Semin. My understanding was he flew to Moscow and was then taking a short trip home and would then return to Moscow. He left immediately after the Caps had their exit meetings and flew to Moscow. Ovechkin stayed another two days and then he flew to Moscow. By the time Ovechkin arrived in Moscow Semin had left for home but Semin was due back like a day or so later. From what I can put together I think Semin was expecting to be back in Moscow by this past Friday or Saturday.

Old
04-16-2007, 07:55 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
I have heard a little more than what's been said in the reports floating around from someone here in DC that knows Semin. My understanding was he flew to Moscow and was then taking a short trip home and would then return to Moscow. He left immediately after the Caps had their exit meetings and flew to Moscow. Ovechkin stayed another two days and then he flew to Moscow. By the time Ovechkin arrived in Moscow Semin had left for home but Semin was due back like a day or so later. From what I can put together I think Semin was expecting to be back in Moscow by this past Friday or Saturday.
Why he didn't show up, who knows, but that confirms what I was trying to say, which is simply that just because he was in Russia does not mean he was in or near Moscow.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Siberian

Quote:
According to Ovechkin both him and Semin left US the same day. Both were flying from NYC but took different flights which were two hours apart. I any case, that's not the point, the point is that Krasnoyarsk is 4 hours away from Moscow and there are at least 4 flights daily. If you try to order tickets online the system shows that there are plenty of tickets available for most of the flights for today and tomorrow. Semin just showed that he thinks it's ok to join the team some time later and give a fake excuse and that is what he is punished for by Russian coach.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
StikSav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
According to Ovechkin both him and Semin left US the same day. Both were flying from NYC but took different flights which were two hours apart. I any case, that's not the point, the point is that Krasnoyarsk is 4 hours away from Moscow and there are at least 4 flights daily. If you try to order tickets online the system shows that there are plenty of tickets available for most of the flights for today and tomorrow. Semin just showed that he thinks it's ok to join the team some time later and give a fake excuse and that is what he is punished for by Russian coach.
They definitely didn't leave the same day according to the person I know, and that person is actually closer to Ovechkin than Semin. That said I agree with you that Krasnoyarsk is much easier to get to (with direct flights) than having to fly from the States and make connections, etc. which is what I meant by him being in Russia (and not knowing why he couldn't get back to Moscow). I should qualify by saying that what I've heard is definitely heresay but the person is pretty darn close to the two of them.