HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Semin sent home

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-16-2007, 01:54 PM
  #1
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,753
vCash: 500
Semin sent home

http://news.sport-express.ru/online/.../nl184491.html

apparently he didn't show up on time (training camp)

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:56 PM
  #2
strungout
Professional Killer
 
strungout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Maryland
Posts: 28,997
vCash: 500
Here come the multiple posts about him being immature and a brat.




As long as he's here for camp next season....I don't care.

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:57 PM
  #3
CCCP
Registered User
 
CCCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
I guess Bykov doesn't want to put up with any kind of crap.

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 01:58 PM
  #4
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,634
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post
Here come the multiple posts about him being immature and a brat.




As long as he's here for camp next season....I don't care.
You know what they say...."If there's smoke..."

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:11 PM
  #5
Cush
-inator
 
Cush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Northern Virginia
Country: United States
Posts: 9,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strungout View Post

As long as he's here for camp next season....I don't care.
pretty much the way I feel

Cush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
  #6
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
pretty much the way I feel
Add 1 more to the tally. Not everyone is Steve Yzerman and not everyone has to be. As long as you're not negatively affecting your teammates, do what you need to do to be effective on the ice. Obviously he just broke that condition for Mother Russia, but he hasn't done it for the Capitals.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:28 PM
  #7
HockeyCritter
Registered User
 
HockeyCritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,656
vCash: 500
Are we sure it isn't because he was injured?

HockeyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
  #8
CCCP
Registered User
 
CCCP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,965
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCritter View Post
Are we sure it isn't because he was injured?
I am pretty sure if he was injured they (Coach/es) would just say so.

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:53 PM
  #9
Devil Dancer
Registered User
 
Devil Dancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 11,825
vCash: 500
I see this as a positive for the Caps. Let the Russians discipline him. He might learn something, and he will be mad at them, rather than the Caps organization.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 03:54 PM
  #10
StikSav
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
What's so odd about this is he is in Russia so I am puzzled as to why he didn't show up. He left the US to return home before Ovechkin did. I have a feeling there is much more to this story that we have yet to hear.

StikSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 04:44 PM
  #11
Chimaera
same ol' Caps
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: La Plata, Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 21,558
vCash: 500
Could care less. I'm happy guys are playing in the WC, but at the same time they need time off (and injuries are always a concern)

Chimaera is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 05:24 PM
  #12
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikSav View Post
What's so odd about this is he is in Russia so I am puzzled as to why he didn't show up. He left the US to return home before Ovechkin did. I have a feeling there is much more to this story that we have yet to hear.
I know nothing about the situation except for the little bit that has been translated. However, Semin is not from Moscow. He could have returned to Russia to visit family, etc., and he would not have been in or near the Moscow area.


Should be interesting to hear what happens next in terms of explanations/excuses depending on one's perspective.

I don't recall the specifics, but didn't he get kicked off a Russian national team once before and then asked back in part due to the efforts of certain players including Ovechkin?


And I agree with the other posters, I am not worried about this and the NHL/Capitals unless he doesn't show for training camp on time next season.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 06:09 PM
  #13
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,336
vCash: 50
i still think his foot cough head may still be hurting him

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
  #14
C-A-P-S
Registered User
 
C-A-P-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
how immature!

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 06:44 PM
  #15
C-A-P-S
Registered User
 
C-A-P-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
can we say brat with a captial B

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 06:45 PM
  #16
C-A-P-S
Registered User
 
C-A-P-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 2,031
vCash: 500
man how selfish! lets be punctual people!

okay I'm finished with my multiple posts complaining about this.

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 06:50 PM
  #17
The Viking Fury
Registered User
 
The Viking Fury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 12,644
vCash: 500
Good. Now clark can't steal any of his goals in USA vs. Russia games

The Viking Fury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:01 PM
  #18
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Viking Fury View Post
Good. Now clark can't steal any of his goals in USA vs. Russia games


HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
  #19
KenHiczkakenbalz
Registered User
 
KenHiczkakenbalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Scrotumville
Country: Palestine
Posts: 724
vCash: 500
You're right that Semin isn't from Moscow. He's from nowhere close, actually... Krasnoyarsk, which is waaaaaaay the hell out in the middle of nowhere. I'll try to put up a map if I can figure out the picture thingies.

But Krasnoyarsk to Moscow is almost exactly halfway across the country. And Russia spans like 12 time zones or whatever.

Here's a map.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg krasnoyarsk.jpg‎ (42.0 KB, 101 views)

KenHiczkakenbalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:10 PM
  #20
pgreene
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,950
vCash: 500
that's great it starts with an earthquake birds and snakes and aero-planes... lenny bruce is not afraid.

pgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:17 PM
  #21
Mothra
Registered User
 
Mothra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 7,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
I see this as a positive for the Caps. Let the Russians discipline him. He might learn something, and he will be mad at them, rather than the Caps organization.
Good call.....but even I am getting worried and would consider a move, only if the return is extreme however

Mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:46 PM
  #22
StikSav
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
I know nothing about the situation except for the little bit that has been translated. However, Semin is not from Moscow. He could have returned to Russia to visit family, etc., and he would not have been in or near the Moscow area.


Should be interesting to hear what happens next in terms of explanations/excuses depending on one's perspective.

I don't recall the specifics, but didn't he get kicked off a Russian national team once before and then asked back in part due to the efforts of certain players including Ovechkin?


And I agree with the other posters, I am not worried about this and the NHL/Capitals unless he doesn't show for training camp on time next season.

I have heard a little more than what's been said in the reports floating around from someone here in DC that knows Semin. My understanding was he flew to Moscow and was then taking a short trip home and would then return to Moscow. He left immediately after the Caps had their exit meetings and flew to Moscow. Ovechkin stayed another two days and then he flew to Moscow. By the time Ovechkin arrived in Moscow Semin had left for home but Semin was due back like a day or so later. From what I can put together I think Semin was expecting to be back in Moscow by this past Friday or Saturday.

StikSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 07:55 PM
  #23
sk84fun_dc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 16,390
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikSav View Post
I have heard a little more than what's been said in the reports floating around from someone here in DC that knows Semin. My understanding was he flew to Moscow and was then taking a short trip home and would then return to Moscow. He left immediately after the Caps had their exit meetings and flew to Moscow. Ovechkin stayed another two days and then he flew to Moscow. By the time Ovechkin arrived in Moscow Semin had left for home but Semin was due back like a day or so later. From what I can put together I think Semin was expecting to be back in Moscow by this past Friday or Saturday.
Why he didn't show up, who knows, but that confirms what I was trying to say, which is simply that just because he was in Russia does not mean he was in or near Moscow.

sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:02 PM
  #24
Siberian
Registered User
 
Siberian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Saint Pierre
Country: France
Posts: 3,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StikSav View Post
I have heard a little more than what's been said in the reports floating around from someone here in DC that knows Semin. My understanding was he flew to Moscow and was then taking a short trip home and would then return to Moscow. He left immediately after the Caps had their exit meetings and flew to Moscow. Ovechkin stayed another two days and then he flew to Moscow. By the time Ovechkin arrived in Moscow Semin had left for home but Semin was due back like a day or so later. From what I can put together I think Semin was expecting to be back in Moscow by this past Friday or Saturday.
According to Ovechkin both him and Semin left US the same day. Both were flying from NYC but took different flights which were two hours apart. I any case, that's not the point, the point is that Krasnoyarsk is 4 hours away from Moscow and there are at least 4 flights daily. If you try to order tickets online the system shows that there are plenty of tickets available for most of the flights for today and tomorrow. Semin just showed that he thinks it's ok to join the team some time later and give a fake excuse and that is what he is punished for by Russian coach.

Siberian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-16-2007, 08:25 PM
  #25
StikSav
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian View Post
According to Ovechkin both him and Semin left US the same day. Both were flying from NYC but took different flights which were two hours apart. I any case, that's not the point, the point is that Krasnoyarsk is 4 hours away from Moscow and there are at least 4 flights daily. If you try to order tickets online the system shows that there are plenty of tickets available for most of the flights for today and tomorrow. Semin just showed that he thinks it's ok to join the team some time later and give a fake excuse and that is what he is punished for by Russian coach.
They definitely didn't leave the same day according to the person I know, and that person is actually closer to Ovechkin than Semin. That said I agree with you that Krasnoyarsk is much easier to get to (with direct flights) than having to fly from the States and make connections, etc. which is what I meant by him being in Russia (and not knowing why he couldn't get back to Moscow). I should qualify by saying that what I've heard is definitely heresay but the person is pretty darn close to the two of them.

StikSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.