HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Have we see the last of Audette?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-19-2003, 02:21 AM
  #1
Top Corner2
Registered User
 
Top Corner2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 500
Have we see the last of Audette?

Pierre Dagenais has 6pts in 9 games. He is bigger, younger, has a better shot and seems to work harder and make less defensive errors. He makes things happen every game that he plays in and has great chemistry with Ribs.

It's not looking too good for Donald.

Top Corner2 is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 02:33 AM
  #2
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2
Pierre Dagenais has 6pts in 9 games. He is bigger, younger, has a better shot and seems to work harder and make less defensive errors. He makes things happen every game that he plays in and has great chemistry with Ribs.

It's not looking too good for Donald.
Plus he does it about 2.5 million per year cheaper. Who says the waiver wire isn't a good place to pick up players?

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 02:36 AM
  #3
Démon Blond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Québec
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Audette can follow Irbe in the ECHL for all I care...

Dagenais will probably not be a permanent fixture in the Habs lineup, but is doing a decent job for the time being, much better than what Audette can do since he lost his touch around the net, when he got slashed. It's too bad for him but if Audette can't score, and he lost that, he's worse than useless. He should be honest with himself, the Habs and the fans, and retire.

Démon Blond is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 02:37 AM
  #4
Démon Blond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Québec
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Plus he does it about 2.5 million per year cheaper. Who says the waiver wire isn't a good place to pick up players?
Dagenais was signed as a free agent this summer by BG

Démon Blond is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 03:08 AM
  #5
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Let's send Audette to Hamilton. We won't even have a 5th pick for him.

markov` is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 03:47 AM
  #6
Darz
Registered User
 
Darz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Where's the ANY key?
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,430
vCash: 500
Anybody who thinks there is an NHL team out there that wants Audette is dreaming. I honestly don't beleive right now another NHL team would take him off our hands if we picked up half his salary. Time to send him to Hamilton for a long 'conditioning' stint.

Darz is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 04:29 AM
  #7
Habs4ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal, (Quebec)
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Yesterday I heard on Radio that they won't buy him out atleast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Anybody who thinks there is an NHL team out there that wants Audette is dreaming. I honestly don't beleive right now another NHL team would take him off our hands if we picked up half his salary. Time to send him to Hamilton for a long 'conditioning' stint.

this year as if there was a lock out next year he wouldn't get paid anyways which is good strategy I guess.

Habs4ever is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 05:14 AM
  #8
habaholic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 603
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Démon Blond
Dagenais was signed as a free agent this summer by BG

Actually it was Savard who recommended they sign Dagenais. I read a quote by Julien stating this. Here is the link:

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chronique...N3FD8FF6F.html

This is why The habs will continue to get better. The hockey mind contingent is one of the best in the league with Gainey, Savard, Gauthier, etc...

habaholic is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 05:21 AM
  #9
Habsaku
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 5,554
vCash: 500
I'm gonna give credit where its due. Dagenais has been pretty impressing for a guy with his skating, he is better here then what I saw in Hamilton. He's much better then Audette and last game proved. Audette is more then finished, he's been given at least 10 chances to prove himself but failed miserably each and every time. I would bench him or send him to the ECHL, that team needs help. Putting him in Hamilton would only take a spot.

Habsaku is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 05:25 AM
  #10
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
I have never been an Audette fan but I can honestly say that it is a shame what happened to the guy. When we picked him up, he was on fire. That was sure to end, but he was very effective. Then the injury came, and he got it by being aggressive on the puck.

If his injury ruined his motor skills and he can no longer be the depth scorer he once was, it is a shame. If it is just a question of confidence...then get over it Donald. You are a pro athlete. You are paid to play a game, start doing it.

I do not think we will ever see the Audette of the pre-injury days again in a Habs jersey. I say, cut your losses and get rid of him somehow, demote, trade, release... whatever.

Maybe he will can jump start his career elsewhere....or maybe it is just time to count his millions and sit home and watch TV.

Joe Cole is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 05:44 AM
  #11
Gros Bill
Registered User
 
Gros Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Rwanda
Posts: 5,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
I have never been an Audette fan but I can honestly say that it is a shame what happened to the guy. When we picked him up, he was on fire. That was sure to end, but he was very effective. Then the injury came, and he got it by being aggressive on the puck.

If his injury ruined his motor skills and he can no longer be the depth scorer he once was, it is a shame. If it is just a question of confidence...then get over it Donald. You are a pro athlete. You are paid to play a game, start doing it.

I do not think we will ever see the Audette of the pre-injury days again in a Habs jersey. I say, cut your losses and get rid of him somehow, demote, trade, release... whatever.

Maybe he will can jump start his career elsewhere....or maybe it is just time to count his millions and sit home and watch TV.
Very well said, Joe. I remember when the injury happened and you cold tell it was bad. I still cringe thinking about (I've a a bad cut myself). Brrr, hurts just thinking about it. Like you said, he was on fire when he got here and was injured on a play where he was going "above and beyond the call of duty". So yes, it's a shame that he's not 1/2 thge player he once was.

OTH, pro sports is a matter of "what have you done for me lately". And Donald just hasn't been effective since the injury. So I guess it's time for him to go. The Habs should tell him he's going to be waived and then off to the ECHL (no use taking up roster space in Hamiliton), and try to convince him to retire. If he doesn't, well, enjoy the bus rides.

Final note : It seems Claude Julien has made up his mind about him - I don't think he played at all in the 3rd period last night.

Gros Bill is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 06:23 AM
  #12
Joe Cole
Registered User
 
Joe Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
OTH, pro sports is a matter of "what have you done for me lately". And Donald just hasn't been effective since the injury. So I guess it's time for him to go. The Habs should tell him he's going to be waived and then off to the ECHL (no use taking up roster space in Hamiliton), and try to convince him to retire. If he doesn't, well, enjoy the bus rides.

Final note : It seems Claude Julien has made up his mind about him - I don't think he played at all in the 3rd period last night.
I agree, the day you fall in love with a player is the day that you start losing perspective, and start losing games.

Joe Cole is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 06:30 AM
  #13
habsfan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
its too bad for him that no one wants him and there's no place on the Habs for him, time for him to realize that he's done and not wanted, either go play in the minors, maybe his play will pick up, or retire
he's like Mackay was, old,paid too much and pretty much useless on this team

habsfan19 is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 06:48 AM
  #14
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
When Ward comes back, I think Audette will do alot more sitting than playing. Ward is much better to have on the 4th line than Audette just because if he doesn't score, he can still hit everything in sight and be reliable defensively. Ryder won't be moved from the 1st line. Dackell is a lock on the 3rd. So the only slim possibility remaining for Audette is the 2nd line RW spot which Dagenais is slowly stealing from him. Audette will have to face it (with class I hope), he's done in this team and probably in this league too. Time to start negociating the terms of retirement with BG...

Munchausen is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 07:34 AM
  #15
Stone Cutter
Registered User
 
Stone Cutter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 490
vCash: 500
Well I guess that in Audette case it all come down to "money vs. pride".

I can't understant why a players keep playing in such condition. I mean, it's now obvious that the coach wont let hom play on a line that will give him a chance to do what he suppose to do (score goals) and that the GM can't trade him to another team that could use him (if there is such a team out there) because of it contrat. Meanwhile, the guy is siting at the end of the bench for a full period or he's a healty scratch.... that can be good for the ego.

Will he chose the keep its current contrat and pile up the money until he reach the end or he's buy out or will he chose to retire or offer to renegociate his contrat to have a chance to play elsewhere? Money or pride?

Stone Cutter is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 08:09 AM
  #16
EquabaleAce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Calgary
Posts: 669
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to EquabaleAce
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Anybody who thinks there is an NHL team out there that wants Audette is dreaming. I honestly don't beleive right now another NHL team would take him off our hands if we picked up half his salary. Time to send him to Hamilton for a long 'conditioning' stint.

mabye we should send him to minesota
lemairs works wonders with washed up hockey players

EquabaleAce is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 08:11 AM
  #17
Démon Blond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Québec
Posts: 918
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
mabye we should send him to minesota
lemairs works wonders with washed up hockey players
Great Idea! Audette for Gaborik!

J/K BTW

Démon Blond is offline  
Old
12-19-2003, 08:35 AM
  #18
Shazbot
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 592
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
mabye we should send him to minesota
lemairs works wonders with washed up hockey players
That would be awfully decent of us, wouldn't it?

Shazbot is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.