HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Binghamton next year...

Old
04-17-2007, 07:32 AM
BigEyedPhish

vCash: 500
Binghamton next year...

For all you Bingo fans out there next year looks to be ALOT more brighter. Two passed veterans who played in Binghamton and were fan favorites are going to be tried to get resigned again, Denis Hamel, and Stevie Martins. Another player who has asked if he could play in Binghamton last year, but wasnt signed Alexandre Giroux, who played with Binghamton in the past will also try to be signed. For some reason the players just absolutely love to play here, but why wouldnt they?

If we could somehow sign these three players and then resign Nycholat, one of the best powerplay quarterbacks if not the best in the AHL, and my favorite player in the world my Mini-Briere/Rod'Brindamour mix, Andrew Ebbett we will have one damn fine team next season.

A line of Hamel - Hennesey - Martins or Hamel - Ebbett - Martins would certianly be able to pot in a few goals

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 04:28 PM
RTWAP*

I sure hope the organization comes through for Bingo and ices a competitive team next year.

RTWAP* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 04:55 PM
Human Megaphone

Where is this info coming from?

Human Megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Buckleys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Megaphone View Post
Where is this info coming from?
He seems to know the GM of Binghamton. Not saying hes right, but he did call a day beforehand that one of Bingo's defensemen would be dealt for a depth one for the Sens.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 07:28 PM
bleedblue94

i hope hes right bc even though im not a sens fan im tired of constantly reading in the local paper about how putrid the team is this year and experiencing it first hand at the arena... and quite honestly im tired of seeing these players out at the bars and doing shots the night before day games .... its a disgrace

a shake up and some veteran leadership would be nice

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 10:11 PM
tenpinsplit

this is a post from www.ahlboards.com

it is NOT my post and I am not sure who the source is.

i asked the poster to supply more info

My source reports Hamel has signed for 3 years for the player developement deal at $200,000/year. He can still be called up to Ottawa but only on an emergency basis so he can't be claimed off of waivers. Ottawa will pick up $150,000 of his contract with Binghamton getting the rest. This deal can not be announced until July 1st when Hamel officially becomes a free agent, but he has signed, in writing to the above deal. My source confirmed that as he saw the document.

tenpinsplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 10:54 PM
Human Megaphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by toe2toe View Post
this is a post from www.ahlboards.com

it is NOT my post and I am not sure who the source is.

i asked the poster to supply more info

My source reports Hamel has signed for 3 years for the player developement deal at $200,000/year. He can still be called up to Ottawa but only on an emergency basis so he can't be claimed off of waivers. Ottawa will pick up $150,000 of his contract with Binghamton getting the rest. This deal can not be announced until July 1st when Hamel officially becomes a free agent, but he has signed, in writing to the above deal. My source confirmed that as he saw the document.
That would have to be tampering if it was proven.

Human Megaphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 07:37 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

yeah... im pretty sure that would nullify the deal, result in a bunch of fines, and ensure hamel can never play for the sens organization again. EVER. i doubt there's any substance to that, although i wouldnt be suprised with hamel resigning, theres no way its allready been discussed officially.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2007, 01:56 AM
bsens

:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
yeah... im pretty sure that would nullify the deal, result in a bunch of fines, and ensure hamel can never play for the sens organization again. EVER. i doubt there's any substance to that, although i wouldnt be suprised with hamel resigning, theres no way its allready been discussed officially.
Some of us were lucky enough to talk to Denis personally about next year. His answers were interesting.

bsens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2007, 08:42 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

also, hamel was spotted at the sens game last night as joe fan. If that doesnt ramp up speculation, a player currently under contract with philly enjoying a sens game, i dont know what does

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 03:20 PM
bsens

Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
also, hamel was spotted at the sens game last night as joe fan. If that doesnt ramp up speculation, a player currently under contract with philly enjoying a sens game, i dont know what does
lol that's awesome. I know he has friends on the team but being there is a good thing. Must stink to have to watch it though instead of being suited up.

Old
05-04-2007, 08:09 PM
Air

Christoph Schubert licked Denis Hamel ... of course Denis is gonna come back.

Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 12:56 PM
bsens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
Christoph Schubert licked Denis Hamel ... of course Denis is gonna come back.
umm licked him like a popsicle??

A little confused here lol

Old
05-05-2007, 03:19 PM
IdiotsPickedMyName*

looks like a transfer deal could get done. you might get a little russian flavour too.

IdiotsPickedMyName* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 05:00 PM
gobsens

not sure why we'd pencil Steve Martins in at right wing. Right now the depth chart at center looks like:

Ebbett (signing likely imminent)
Hennessy
Bass

so signing Martins and Giroux would be unlikely.

gobsens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 05:51 PM
bsens

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobsens View Post
not sure why we'd pencil Steve Martins in at right wing. Right now the depth chart at center looks like:

Ebbett (signing likely imminent)
Hennessy
Bass

so signing Martins and Giroux would be unlikely.
Yeah, I don't see see much reason for signing Martins really.

The Russian deals could be really good for Binghamton though if it goes through. The prospects we have there along with D-men we have here like Derek Smith, Kudelka and hopefully Barinka could really be something cool. Heck I will even take Charlie Cook back. We are still looking a little short on the defense but hopefully we will be able to fill the holes. It already looks a lot better than the last two years. Foligno, Daugs, Weller, Ebbett ... the list goes on as far as young talent goes.

I will tell ya what though. I would take Giroux back. Especially if Hennessy made the big club eventually. Alex is pretty solid most of the time and can fill a spot gracefully.

Goalies and the defense are going to be the biggest issue as always so Let's hope ol' Mucky Duck makes the right decisions.

Glass and Elliott? Guard and Elliott? sign a new goalie or bring in Tom Draper I don't care just give us someone who can stop a puck once in awhile

Last edited by bsens: 05-05-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Old
05-05-2007, 06:06 PM
Buckleys

Giroux could push for a roster spot with Hennessy and Ebbet.

Elliot and Glass will be Binghamton's goaltenders next year.

Kudelka, Barinka, and Smith are your only for sure blueliners.

T. Cook, C. Cook, Lee, Anikeyenko, Megalinsky, Gimayev, and Lyamin will all be looked into.

Megalinsky and Gimayev are both strong possibilities for the blueline, just because they both went to sign a deal with Ottawa to play in bingo last season, but the agreement wasn't signed and they both had 1 year left on their respective contracts.

Bois, Ebbet, Bass, Foligno, Weller, Hennessy, Heerema, Hamel, Giroux, Daugavins, Nikulin, and a FA would be gold for forward.

Buckleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2007, 06:18 PM
bsens

ugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckleys View Post
Giroux could push for a roster spot with Hennessy and Ebbet.

Elliot and Glass will be Binghamton's goaltenders next year.

Kudelka, Barinka, and Smith are your only for sure blueliners.

T. Cook, C. Cook, Lee, Anikeyenko, Megalinsky, Gimayev, and Lyamin will all be looked into.

Megalinsky and Gimayev are both strong possibilities for the blueline, just because they both went to sign a deal with Ottawa to play in bingo last season, but the agreement wasn't signed and they both had 1 year left on their respective contracts.

Bois, Ebbet, Bass, Foligno, Weller, Hennessy, Heerema, Hamel, Giroux, Daugavins, Nikulin, and a FA would be gold for forward.

I agree with every thing you said except one thing. Well maybe two. For one, it's no secret that Danny Bois has worn out his welcome in my opinion. The 2005-06 season was ok for him but I just ain't impressed with him anymore lol. Also, I wonder about Heerema. Just because he did pretty well here this year doesn't prove to me that he will be back. He is getting older but then again who knows if Ottawa still has faith in him getting there someday. Obviously if we end up needing him, I will certainly accept him as a fan as he is always an asset

Oh and we forgot Luttinen.

-

Last edited by bsens: 05-05-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old
05-05-2007, 06:29 PM
bsens

Here's my picks so far for next season. Of course it's probably way unimaginable but hey, it's a start.

- Forwards -

Line #1: Hamel - Hennessy - Heerema

Line #2: Daugavins - Ebbet - ???

Line #3: Luttinen - Foligno - Robins

Line #4: Weller - Bass - Sgroi*

- Defense -

Kudelka with Barinka

Smith with C. Cook

??? with ???

??? with ???

_ Goalies -

Elliott - and - Glass - (lord help us)

maybe sign guard too and take the best 2 probably although I don't agree with it

* or sign another tough guy, preferably one who can score too.

Last edited by bsens: 05-05-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old
05-06-2007, 02:25 AM
Air

Quote:
umm licked him like a popsicle??

A little confused here lol
There were photos of the boys having fun during the lock-out, and Schubert was licking Hamel. Very drunk.

Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:16 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air View Post
There were photos of the boys having fun during the lock-out, and Schubert was licking Hamel. Very drunk.
Too much information
Too much information
Too much information

nanuuq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 04:26 PM
The Fuhr*

Elliott will have an awesome season in the AHL next year. An off season to improve for the AHL level. He will be solid.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 09:00 PM
Lionheart

Pretty sure Daugavins will be back in St. Mike's next year. It's rare for a 19 year old drafted out of Europe not to play with their right-holding Jr. team. Just look at Tlusty, who went to the Soo after a cup of coffee with Toronto earlier this past season.

Lionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-06-2007, 09:04 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
Pretty sure Daugavins will be back in St. Mike's next year. It's rare for a 19 year old drafted out of Europe not to play with their right-holding Jr. team. Just look at Tlusty, who went to the Soo after a cup of coffee with Toronto earlier this past season.
Daugavins from every indication was Bingos best forward when he came up this year. Melnyk owns the St.Mikes so keeping Daugavins in the OHL is of no issue.

I think he will be in the AHL next season if the team thinks it will further his development.

The Fuhr* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2007, 06:41 PM
Shot blocking Spezza*

Ilya Zubov

Hey guys!

What is happening with Ilya Zubov (our second round draft pick last year). I watched him play and he reminded me of Pavel Datsyuk! That guy is awesome!

What about him?

Shot blocking Spezza* is offline   Reply With Quote