HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Respect....

Old
04-19-2007, 01:37 AM
PMB96*

vCash: 500
Respect....

Islanders fan here.

I have to say I am pretty impressed by the way Ranger fans have reacted to the pathetic officiating in the last 2 Islander games. It's obvious that when Ranger fans come to an Islander board to show their support in the obvious bias the referees have had towards Buffalo between tonight and Monday that something is definitely wrong. If the Sabres do win this series I hope you guys destroy them in the second round. If it weren't for the refs they wouldn't be able to beat us so I am sure you guys won't have any trouble showing them the golf course.

Beat the Sabres.

Edit: Assuming the Devils beat Tampa ofcourse

Last edited by PMB96*: 04-19-2007 at 02:03 AM.
PMB96* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:45 AM
Richard Park 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMB96* View Post
Islanders fan here.

I have to say I am pretty impressed by the way Ranger fans have reacted to the pathetic officiating in the last 2 Islander games. It's obvious that when Ranger fans come to an Islander board to show their support in the obvious bias the referees have had towards Buffalo between tonight and Monday that something is definitely wrong. If the Sabres do win this series I hope you guys destroy them in the second round. If it weren't for the refs they wouldn't be able to beat us so I am sure you guys won't have any trouble showing them the golf course.

Beat the Sabres.

Seriously, if you think we isles fans are annoying, wait til the sabres trolls start flaming your boards. I honestly think at this point ill be rooting for you guys if you play then in round 2. And they are very beatable

Richard Park 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:52 AM
sheerterror

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscbadge1 View Post
Seriously, if you think we isles fans are annoying, wait til the sabres trolls start flaming your boards. I honestly think at this point ill be rooting for you guys if you play then in round 2. And they are very beatable
I love how the playoffs creates new rivalries (i.e. Islanders-Toronto, and now, seemingly Islanders-Sabres) But with how much Ranger fans hate the Islanders and Islander fans hate the Rangers, do you guys really despise Buffalo enough at this point that you want to see your most hated rival defeat them should it come to that? If so,

sheerterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:54 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Haha, you needed a good ol' "These Refs Suck" chant that we had going at the Garden last night.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Richard Park 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerterror View Post
I love how the playoffs creates new rivalries (i.e. Islanders-Toronto, and now, seemingly Islanders-Sabres) But with how much Ranger fans hate the Islanders and Islander fans hate the Rangers, do you guys really despise Buffalo enough at this point that you want to see your most hated rival defeat them should it come to that? If so,

I dont hate their team, just their fans. As long as the rangers do not win the cup, nothing would make me happier than to shut up those sabre fans. I am really liking that hockey is finally making a come back. It would have been better if the refs gave the isles a better chance, and the devs rangers and isles all advanced, but the nhl needs the rangers to do well, so eliminate the sabres please.

Old
04-19-2007, 09:50 AM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
I can totally understand a crosstown rival rooting for the other at some points. Mainly because we hate each other duo to a rivalry set in stone, but it is far more annoying to have a team like the sabres or penguins all of a sudden get really good and have the fans climb out from under the rocks in droves all of a sudden running around proclaiming how their team was assembled by god or something sent here to save the NHL.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Richard Park 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
I can totally understand a crosstown rival rooting for the other at some points. Mainly because we hate each other duo to a rivalry set in stone, but it is far more annoying to have a team like the sabres or penguins all of a sudden get really good and have the fans climb out from under the rocks in droves all of a sudden running around proclaiming how their team was assembled by god or something sent here to save the NHL.

no seriously, the rangers fans who have posted on our boards during this series have offered nothing but compassion. As you can probably imagine, these are tough times for us. we have been playing toe to toe with the regular season champs and two games in a row now (definately last night, arguably not game 3) we were robbed by the officials. While I would have thought rangers fans would come over and mock us, it has been quite the opposite. This, along with beating the habs to make the playoffs possible for us, I have become more amenable to putting aside the rivalry for one series to serve justice.

Old
04-19-2007, 10:08 AM
pld459666

Quote:
The enemy of my enemy, is my friend

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

The "These Refs Suck" Chant was certainly a big factor in the swing of the games momentum. We started getting some respect from them after the chant, and picked up the game tying goal and eventually game winner.

GO GARDEN FAITHFUL!!!

My throat and even neck hurt so much, but it was SO WORTH IT!!!! Way to go, Boys!

TWITTER
@draftbuzzhockey
Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
The "These Refs Suck" Chant was certainly a big factor in the swing of the games momentum. We started getting some respect from them after the chant, and picked up the game tying goal and eventually game winner.

GO GARDEN FAITHFUL!!!

My throat and even neck hurt so much, but it was SO WORTH IT!!!! Way to go, Boys!
Yeah fan chants, Thats what really what won us the whole series.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 11:17 AM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Thanks for being an ass...but for one, I was only talking about last nights game and horrific calls and non calls. NYR fans had nothing to do with the first two games. Obviously.

Earlier in the regular season, the refs would continue calling the Rangers and not making calls for them all game long 'til finish. There wasn't the excitement and rage from the fans to bother them. If there was a few, it was nothing like 18200 maniacs. As soon as the fans got on the refs (these refs sucks, ******* chants) for not calling Kovalchuk jumping a NYR and then calling Prucha for taking out Dupuis, they started noticing Thrasher penalties. Coincidence?

I don't know what else to say. Talk to Ola, if you don't think fans are important. He understands.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 11:25 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Yep, after the "These Refs Suck" chant the refs finally started calling penalties. I guess they were afraid Mr. Bettman might hear about them.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 11:31 AM
rickyrod

Quote:
Actually, I despise Buffalo fans and their completely and utterly annoying whining and complaining so much I'm hoping the Isles off them this round. Which, in turn, makes me hate Buffalo fans even more.

Also, I'd like to see a Rangers/Islanders conference final. That would be a great series.

rickyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 11:32 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You use that smiley so much i picture you sitting at a computer with one of those propeller beanies actually on your head...

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 11:44 AM
BroadwayBlair

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMB96* View Post
Islanders fan here.

Beat the Sabres.

who knows man, that series ain't over the sabres are definately beatable... i was pushing for the isles to win the series i wanted to see a ranger/islander final those regular season games were so intense... about the officating i was watching game 2 and i was flipping out about that call at the end, the refs had no common sense you don't make that call at the end of the game, especially when Campoli was taken down there at the end. I just don't understand why the fans were throwing stuff on the ice...

BroadwayBlair is offline   Reply With Quote