HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

couple of available forwards

Old
04-17-2007, 06:40 AM
fan in oregon

vCash: 500
couple of available forwards

heres a couple of forwards that may be available in draft day deals,mark bell of sj
and mike riberio of dallas. Riberio could fill a spot at center and Bell is sitting out of the playoffs. Neither should cost too much and could give the Blues some depth
up front. opinions?

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 07:11 AM
barnburner

We have depth players hanging from the rafters.
We need a #1 center, and a winger with the ability to put 30 in the net.

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 09:25 AM
2ForRoughing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan in oregon View Post
heres a couple of forwards that may be available in draft day deals,mark bell of sj
and mike riberio of dallas. Riberio could fill a spot at center and Bell is sitting out of the playoffs. Neither should cost too much and could give the Blues some depth
up front. opinions?
what does it tell you that both are being scratched for the most critical games of the year? Do you want players who aren't good enough to play for their teams in the playoffs?

2ForRoughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Bell had off-ice issues this past season, but he had 21 and 25 goals the two seasons before that. He played the first 2 games, but was scratched last night. If the off-ice stuff is straightened out and I was convinced that wouldn't be a problem in the future, I'd take a shot at him - while it would be nice to have a legit 30-goal scorer, I think we may have that in Stempniak (27 goals this season). If Bell can score 20-25, it makes the team deeper and adds a threat to the lineup ... and that will force teams to pick and choose who they're going to key on, leaving someone to take advantage.

If we have 6 or 7 20-25 goal scorers, that depth will help a couple of those guys hit 30 goals. Teams can't cover everyone with their best defensive pairings.

Ribeiro? That is a guy with absolutely no heart and will never step up in the playoffs. Ever.

04-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Carl Racki

Send a message via AIM to Carl Racki
I see your point about Bell IB, but I don't think he is what the Blues need...their power play is abysmal, and they need playmakers desperately...I just don't see him filling that role.

Carl Racki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Irish Blues

I don't either ... but I think getting a solid threat from the blueline will do more to fix the PP than anything else, and as much as Souray might fill that spot his defense more than negates what we'd gain from his presence on the point.

Irish Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 10:09 AM
funktasticblues93

Send a message via Yahoo to funktasticblues93
Ribeiro does have good playmaking skills and see's the ice well, but like IB said we already have one them players like Ribeiro in Cajanek.

funktasticblues93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:49 AM
Irish Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by funktasticblues93 View Post
Ribeiro does have good playmaking skills and see's the ice well, but like IB said we already have one them players like Ribeiro in Cajanek.
Except Cajanek has never flopped to the ice screaming and rolling around like he'd been shot at point-blank range when someone skated within 20 feet of him, then got up laughing about the whole thing.

Old
04-18-2007, 11:59 AM
c-carp

I like Mark Bell as a player a lot and he has played a for the sharks in a couple of the games he hasnt been a consistant playoff scratch and we are going to need some wingers as well.

c-carp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 12:59 PM
fan in oregon

I was thinking we could give the sharks a 2nd for bell and give dallas a third for ribero.I know both have issues but the Blues are still short up front.

fan in oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 01:33 PM
2ForRoughing*

Quote:
I was thinking we could give the sharks a 2nd for bell and give dallas a third for ribero.I know both have issues but the Blues are still short up front.
what a waste of a 2nd round pick. Go back and look at who Jarmo has drafted in the 2nd round over the last couple of years. I'd rather have the prospects we have from those picks than either of the players you mention. I'll take my chances with Jarmo's pick in the 3rd over a proven gutless player like Ribiero.

2ForRoughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 06:59 PM
trublu16

Ribiero/Bell???

Are guys sure that you are going to want thses 2 guys on the ice instead of going out and paying good money for quality offensive hockey players? I know for my buck, I would prefer that JD and management keep all there picks and pay a little extra to get that 1st center(Drury) and 2nd line winger(Nagy type player). I know everyone is trying to catch litghening in a bottle, like we did with Guerin last year. But We need the quality offensive players. Maybe a trade involving a pick is a possibly , but doubt it.

trublu16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ForRoughing
What a waste of a 2nd round pick (to trade it to the Sharks for Bell). Go back and look at who Jarmo has drafted in the 2nd round over the last couple of years. I'd rather have the prospects we have from those picks than either of the players you mention. I'll take my chances with Jarmo's pick in the 3rd over a proven gutless player like Ribiero.
100% agree.

I'd take Bell if the Blues could get him on the cheap -- for a fifth-rounder or something -- but no way, no how would I pay a second-round pick for him.

P_B

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Irish Blues

Quote:
I ....... I don't even know what to say.