Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Terrible referees (both ways)

Old
04-17-2007, 10:41 PM
mncdn

vCash: 500
Terrible referees (both ways)

I say it goes both ways and the refs blew calls on the Ducks and Wild.
I have to say I love the commentary though by Mike Greenlay.

“These referees are pathetic” (said multiple times)
“These referees should not be doing this game”
“You have got to be kidding me”
"These guys have really messed this thing up tonight"

The Fans: “BULL SH**”
and
"Boogaard"

mncdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
The ducks got away with so much more *****. Its okay for them to punch are players but we cant do ***** to them without a penalty.

should have been 5-1 since there was no one in the crease.

They ALWAYS have to throw in those damn cheapshots. ive never seen a team thats so dirty.

May is a *****n pussie. Johnsson wasnt gonna do ***** and he cheapshots him. Same with all there other players that feel the need to constantly throw cheapshots at us.

They are *****n lucky as hell Lemaire is a good caoch and didnt throw Boogard out there to get them back for all the ***** they did to us.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:06 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

it was very very bad.

suspension bad.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:15 PM
AHF

Send a message via MSN to AHF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mncdn View Post
I say it goes both ways and the refs blew calls on the Ducks and Wild.
I have to say I love the commentary though by Mike Greenlay.

“These referees are pathetic” (said multiple times)
“These referees should not be doing this game”
“You have got to be kidding me”
"These guys have really messed this thing up tonight"

The Fans: “BULL SH**”
and
"Boogaard"
Kudos to Boogard for not doing anything stupid. Lord knows he could've killed a duck if he really wanted to, but he took the high road, and didn't do a thing. Nice to see a few players with an ounce of sense in them, unlike schmucks like Thornton, Getzlaf, May, Perry and Kunitz. What a sad sack bunch of poor-sports. Pathetic display they showed tonight.

AHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:21 PM
WILDTATE10

vCash: 50
The ducks are a bunch of *****n *******.

WILDTATE10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
it was very very bad.

suspension bad.
My thoughts exactly.

Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
ceber

Hey let's stay on topic.

Holy crap those refs shouldn't be allowed to officiate over 40 beer league games.

In the crease? The goalie was in the crease.. oh, and never mind about that rule no longer being in the rulebook, eh?

At the end.. after the scrum.. Ramsey (and me, up in the stands) had to get the officials' attention to remind them that the Ducks were short-handed. Those guys were either rattled by the tremendous attention we were giving them, or they are simply morons.

I suppose nothing is black and white. It's probably a bit of both.

ceber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:34 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDTATE10 View Post
The ducks are a bunch of *****n *******.
The gameday thread on the main boards is classic. Duck fans are trying to turn it around calling Boogaard a dirty player for "not wanting to fight" and defend Thornton and May. It's incredible.

Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-17-2007, 11:59 PM
vitogor

If I see those two clowns referee another game in the playoffs, there's something seriously wrong with this league. Foot in the crease?? How about a foot up your ass!!

vitogor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 12:09 AM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
The gameday thread on the main boards is classic. Duck fans are trying to turn it around calling Boogaard a dirty player for "not wanting to fight" and defend Thornton and May. It's incredible.
if you think the main board is funny, check out the Ducks board. The GDT on that board is a flat out riot. I can handle fans siding with their teams/players...that is to be expected. They were calling for a MN penalty on the no goal goal for goalie interference...um, ok.

chaachie12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
ceber

They've got a point. Psychic interference goes uncalled as much if not more than obstruction interference in this series.

Old
04-18-2007, 10:32 AM
mncdn

Is there a conspiracy against the Wild? I always have a funny feeling watching games that for some reason they get the shaft on calls. Does the NHL want the Wild to fail? Is Bettman and idiot? (Sorry had to add that last ? for fun)

mncdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 11:11 AM
ceber

Of course there is a conspiracy. We do well in attendance, tv ratings, etc. Even when the team doesn't go deep into the playoffs. Other places, like Southern California.. not quite the same. Great turnout when things are going well, but if things aren't there are a lot of other attractions to pull people away from the NHL. Obviously the league will do whatever it can to ensure that the NHL figures prominently in the SoCal entertainment scene.

Old
04-18-2007, 12:04 PM
The Big E

The reffing has been bad the whole series. In game 1, if Bryzgalov would've been run over by his own D-man and his leg was anywhere near the puck, the effing ref would've blown his effing whistle. The Ducks have been interefering in the neutral zone the whole series and getting away with it plus they're always swinging their purses after just about every whistle virtually unpenalized. For example, Schultz is wrastling with a *uck player after the whistle and while he's tied up with that player another *uck smacks him in the side of the head, yet he gets 2 minutes for swinging and missing.

I'm beginning to hate the *ucks as much as I hate the Nucks.

Boogaard is going to beat the living **** out of May next time he sees him in the regular season regardless what team Maybaskets ends up on. Boogie's got 6 inches height and about 10 inches reach on May, no wonder why may is such a chicken****.

Took me a while to calm down before I could go to bed last night, boy howdy.

The Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 12:16 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaachie12 View Post
if you think the main board is funny, check out the Ducks board. The GDT on that board is a flat out riot. I can handle fans siding with their teams/players...that is to be expected. They were calling for a MN penalty on the no goal goal for goalie interference...um, ok.
Well that was me. It was written at the time of the goal/no goal. My point was if it WAS goalie interference shouldn't there be a penalty? I didn't think there was an in the crease rule, so in my mind the only reason to call a no goal would be if there was interference, and thus a penalty. Upon watching replays he wasn't even in the crease, and wasn't interfering. Bad call by the refs.

You have to realize that we're commenting as we watch things live, before replays happen. It's kind of like watching a game with the guys. Then if you look back some of it looks kind of dumb. Of course if it's entertaining and amusing, you're welcome to read it. And laugh at it. Just know that it's not like we're hockey idiots.

snarktacular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 12:29 PM
chaachie12

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Well that was me. It was written at the time of the goal/no goal. My point was if it WAS goalie interference shouldn't there be a penalty? I didn't think there was an in the crease rule, so in my mind the only reason to call a no goal would be if there was interference, and thus a penalty. Upon watching replays he wasn't even in the crease, and wasn't interfering. Bad call by the refs.

You have to realize that we're commenting as we watch things live, before replays happen. It's kind of like watching a game with the guys. Then if you look back some of it looks kind of dumb. Of course if it's entertaining and amusing, you're welcome to read it. And laugh at it. Just know that it's not like we're hockey idiots.
it seems most of the "comedy" comes from one particular poster, who will go nameless...you are not that poster. I understand watching things live, that makes sense, however even when I watch games with the guys we understand the rules and what is, and is not, a penalty. No harm done, obviously, but some on that board don't have a firm grasp on how the game is played.

chaachie12 is offline   Reply With Quote