No Johnsson tonight

Old
04-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Pepsi12pac

vCash: 500
No Johnsson tonight

he didn't make the trip to Anaheim.

Quote:
The series steamed up in Game 4, with Anaheim forward Brad May receiving a match penalty and a game misconduct for punching Minnesota defenseman Kim Johnsson with less than two minutes remaining. The NHL suspended May for three games late Wednesday night. Johnsson, who has been undergoing tests, didn't make the trip and won't play in Game 5.
http://www.kstp.com/article/stories/S62292.shtml?cat=7

I really think we lost in this deal. We lose Johnsson, they replace May with Parros.

Pepsi12pac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 12:46 PM
MN_Gopher

It would be fitting it the Ducks lost Niedermyer. Or instaed of letting Boogaard fight anyone one the ducks that wants to go he should cold **** Nieds. That is not right. And i would condone Boogaard for it. But a fighter suckering a nonfighter does not equal a fighter fighting a fighter. May for three games is not as big a deal as Jonny for how ever long.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 12:53 PM
Surly Furious

vCash: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN_Gopher View Post
It would be fitting it the Ducks lost Niedermyer. Or instaed of letting Boogaard fight anyone one the ducks that wants to go he should cold **** Nieds. That is not right. And i would condone Boogaard for it. But a fighter suckering a nonfighter does not equal a fighter fighting a fighter. May for three games is not as big a deal as Jonny for how ever long.
I gotta disagree with you there Goph - I would hate to see Boogard stoop to that level. If the Wild win, I want them to do it above board, and against the Ducks' best players, like they did against Colorado and Vancouver last time.

The last thing Boogard needs to do is give his critics a real complaint against him.

Surly Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 01:01 PM
MN_Gopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookman View Post
I gotta disagree with you there Goph - I would hate to see Boogard stoop to that level. If the Wild win, I want them to do it above board, and against the Ducks' best players, like they did against Colorado and Vancouver last time.

The last thing Boogard needs to do is give his critics a real complaint against him.
Thats what i ment when i said i would condone Boogaard. I do not want it either. Bad for the game and wild players have class. But i imagine Boogard going after their goon and that is not the same as May on Johnny.

MN_Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 06:06 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
Before I left for school this morning there was a guy at my office telling me that it sounded like Johnsson may even be done for the playoffs, if the Wild were to advance...

Didn't say where he heard that from so I am not sure how possible it is, and I don't think the Wild will make it out of this series, but I certainly hope it's not that bad.

Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Karl

Get well soon Johnson.

The more and more I think the more ****** I get at that piece of **** May. He better pray he is never on the same ice as Boogaard again.

Karl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 06:45 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

unfortunately for us and kim, this could be a career ending concussion. He missed 31 games last year from one. I hope its not the case, but its up in the air now.

firstroundbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 07:57 PM
Sherlock

Send a message via AIM to Sherlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
unfortunately for us and kim, this could be a career ending concussion. He missed 31 games last year from one. I hope its not the case, but its up in the air now.
*knocks on wood*

Sherlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:06 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceUNO View Post
This is what I feared when I saw this going down. People said Kim turtled, but anyone who knows Kim knows that he doesn't get himself involved in situations like that, especially now that he had a concussion less than a year ago.

Brad May has been a dirty player for a long time. I'm a bit surprised he continues to involve himself in things like this.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 08:08 PM
The Overseer*

The only justice in this situation is for a Wild player to take out a star on the Ducks. May has broken "the code" so now all bets are off. If the Wild are up a few goals, I hope this is exactly what happens. Unfortunately in today's NHL, this is the only way to settle these things.

The Overseer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:29 PM
Hussar
Donkeytoof

Hey guys. Parros and Boogey are going at it before the game even starts! looking forward to a VERY physical game.

http://www.anaheimducks.com/press/fe...200704&id=1686

Hussar is offline   Reply With Quote