HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Knicks Chaney in trouble, could Sather be next??

Closed Thread

Old
12-20-2003, 07:08 AM
nyyfan2

vCash: 500
Knicks Chaney in trouble, could Sather be next??

All the papers say that Chaney is in trouble if the Knicks losing ways continue. I dont see how the Rangers situation is that much better than the Knicks. Knicks haven't been to the postseason in what, 3/4 yrs. All we have heard about Chaney is how much Dolan loves him and whatnot and the contract extensions. Hopefully, Dolan will realize that Sather's 2 yr plan or whatever it was had failed, badly. Like many of you in here I am a season ticket holder and it has become so dishartening to see the empty seats in the Garden. With the highest payroll in the league, Dolan has to realize he is not getting the "bang for his buck"

I do realize that the Knicks aren't selling out and the Rangers are. However, it's all the secondary money (beer, soda, food) that really hurts these teams as well.

Since the Dolan's aren't selling anytime soon, I guess we can only hope that they realize Sather, like Chaney, is not the answer....

Old
12-20-2003, 08:33 AM
PotiFan03

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan88
All the papers say that Chaney is in trouble if the Knicks losing ways continue. I dont see how the Rangers situation is that much better than the Knicks. Knicks haven't been to the postseason in what, 3/4 yrs. All we have heard about Chaney is how much Dolan loves him and whatnot and the contract extensions. Hopefully, Dolan will realize that Sather's 2 yr plan or whatever it was had failed, badly. Like many of you in here I am a season ticket holder and it has become so dishartening to see the empty seats in the Garden. With the highest payroll in the league, Dolan has to realize he is not getting the "bang for his buck"

I do realize that the Knicks aren't selling out and the Rangers are. However, it's all the secondary money (beer, soda, food) that really hurts these teams as well.

Since the Dolan's aren't selling anytime soon, I guess we can only hope that they realize Sather, like Chaney, is not the answer....

Yeah I have to admit it's still very disappointing that the Rangers are still on the outside looking in. They are still in the 9th spot and the teams just ahead of them have a game or two at hand.

It just doesn't make any sense. This team has so many positives. Tons of depth at center ice, loaded with talent, a lot of leadership, great goaltending, toughness, character players, and still they are only a .500 team that is not in a playoff posiition. I just can't understand why this team can't show up for the full 60 minutes every single game. They just seem to play hard when they feel like it. I guess they are still a little too old. They seem to need at least 3 days rest before they put together another great effort. Tonight against Ottawa would be a typical let down game after a big win against the Isles.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:56 AM
#37-#93-#27*

Send a message via AIM to #37-#93-#27*
Chaney is a puppet, don't compare his situation with Sather's.

Old
12-20-2003, 09:36 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Layden is going to fire Chaney to fire his own ass.

Sather answers to no one. That and the fact that no one else knows hockey in the MSG hierarchy and Sather is about as safe as he ever was.

12-20-2003, 10:31 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Sather answers to no one. That and the fact that no one else knows hockey in the MSG hierarchy and Sather is about as safe as he ever was.
I'm not so sure about that. A truly ugly playoff miss this year could finish him, IMO - Lil' Jimmy's protestations aside. (In fact, methinks the lady doth protest too much.)

Missing close and missing close again next season (CBA permitting) will spell the end of Sather. I think he recognizes this himself which is why he's at the helm. Dolan may be as stupid as we all paint him to be, but even the stupidest of people catch on eventually.

Old
12-20-2003, 02:52 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Layden is going to fire Chaney to fire his own ass.

i think sather might bring in a gm and coach next season and just be the team CEO. Sather is getting old and the losing has got to be killing him

Old
12-20-2003, 04:56 PM
Tampa Rules

One can only hope the losing is killing him!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links
i think sather might bring in a gm and coach next season and just be the team CEO. Sather is getting old and the losing has got to be killing him
I am a frequent reader but seldom post because after cancelling my Center Ice package I do not have the ability to see the Rags first hand. Regarding Sather however I feel there is enough evidence this guy has lost all hockey sense. He has had a couple of drafts that might provide some big club level talent but his search for the next big star with no regards for the team needs drives me absolutely crazy.

HIS SATHERNESS IS THE MAIN REASON THIS TEAM SUCKS - PLAIN AND SIMPLE. IMO, remove Sather from the GM and Coach role and this team immediately improves.

BTW, the Rags are not worth the money to justify the Center Ice Package and the Bolts are a much better team to watch on TV for free.

Old
12-21-2003, 06:00 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jar jar links

I don't think that Dolan should give him that right. This guy has not done what he was brought here to do. Whether or not the farm system is improved (and I'm not opening that can of worms), Sather has not brought this team to the playoffs. And that is why he was supposed to do here. If Sather going to remain President and hire a GM and subsequent coach, its even more farcical. The one consistent in all of this is Sather. Sather the GM, Sather the coach, Sather the clown (well, maybe not the last one).

At what point does Dolan look at this group and realize that problem is not the President, Coach or General Manager? It's all of them.

If the losing is killing Sather, he need only look in the mirror.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 12-21-2003 at 06:07 AM.
Old
12-21-2003, 06:56 AM
ap215

All Jim Dolan cares is about selling out the building and not winning championships,other than sather,chaney etc if there's anyone who should get out of the garden business it should be Jim Dolan.

Old
12-21-2003, 07:05 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap215
All Jim Dolan cares is about selling out the building and not winning championships,other than sather,chaney etc if there's anyone who should get out of the garden business it should be Jim Dolan.
That may be true but I'm sure that Dolan is not happy when the Garden is dark in May and June.

Closed Thread