HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash Anyone?

Old
04-20-2007, 09:33 AM
otto bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
I think it depends on who is hired. If Hitch is given the GM job you can guarantee anyone he doesn't like is gone. Now I don't know what kind of relationship he and Nash had but I think it would be worth exploring the possibilty. Everyone knows Fedorov is going nowhere with that contract so in order to make any meaningful changes they are going to have to trade a big name.
If wee are lucky....Mike kean

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77otto View Post
If wee are lucky....Mike kean
or Milbury!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Guillemin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
If I was hired to be the new GM in Columbus... well... I somehow think I could come up with a fairly lengthy list of other things I'd try first before thinking of dealing Rick Nash?
1) get a cannon

all the other stuff doesn't matter

Guillemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 08:47 AM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildone26 View Post
He is one of the most overrated player in the NHL, always has been, always will be. He is a joke. I said last year he was way overrated and people laughed, now people see that I was right all along.

How is he in a slump. He has proven he is not capable of even 60 points and showed it again this year. He is a offensive player who sucks in defense, leadership skills, neutral zone play, anything else, and he still cant even score 60 points in a season. He is a joke.
You need to temper your comments a bit. Nash a joke? A 23 yr old with 116 career goals who has been stuck playing with the jackets. Your comments are the joke. And what the heck do you know about his leadership skills?

Nash is playing a steady 19 to 20 minutes a game

Combining regular strength Offense and Defense? Last year he was a plus 5. This year a minus 8. WITH COLUMBUS. For Mtl Koivu was -21, Souray -26, Ryder -25, Kovalev -19, Lats -20. Best Hab was Pleks at +10. And we have better goaltending and are supposedly playing in a defensive hockey mold.

a 6' 4" 215 lb fwd who is 23 with 116 career goals playing virtually alone in Columbus. 38 regular strength goals over the last two years. 20 pp goals. Our top reg strength scorer was Higgins with 15 this yr.

Quite the joke there.

Are you even close to catching on yet?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 01:34 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Nash would be great to have with Montreal. But we won't see him dealt. No matter which direction the new GM wants to go, Rick Nash is a player you keep.

Anyway, as others have suggested, I suspect that Zherdev is far more likely to be dealt. Overall, I don't know what that team's plan will be. DM spent lots of money every year on veterans who brought the team nowhere.

We'll see if there's a total housecleaning, a kind of summer garage sale full of veteran bargains, or whether the new GM will intead re-tool slowly and patiently with Hitchock's input.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 01:56 PM
Teufelsdreck

A team doesn't rebuild by first discarding its young talent. Who would replace Nash in Columbus? Besides, if he were available in a trade, the bidding would be intense and the Habs would have to bleed themselves white to get him.

Teufelsdreck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Speedtrials

Yeah I don't see Nash getting moved. He is a major piece of that orginization. I can't say I have seen too many Bluejacket games over the past few years, but I can't imagine how he became an average or poor hockey play in a matter of two years. I think he is just a young player that is still finding his game and we will probably be seeing some big years out of Rick Nash in the future.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 03:14 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
He would score 40 with Saku... He's the kind of player Saku never had.. He has some sweet scoring hands that you cant teach.. Of course, he's not as good in the new NHL. He's a perfect prototype of an old NHL powerforward.

Though, that sounds too much like 10 years ago... Saku can make any winger looks good. We don't need to find a winger for him, what he needs is another top-line center to give him some breathing air.

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:05 AM
HABSfansincebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr BLUEandWHITE View Post
Leave Rick alone he is Leafs property.
lol

HABSfansincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 12:07 AM
HABSfansincebirth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley View Post
He would score 40 with Saku... He's the kind of player Saku never had.. He has some sweet scoring hands that you cant teach.. Of course, he's not as good in the new NHL. He's a perfect prototype of an old NHL powerforward.

Though, that sounds too much like 10 years ago... Saku can make any winger looks good. We don't need to find a winger for him, what he needs is another top-line center to give him some breathing air.
he needs to talk to his buddy down in florida and talk him into comming up that would make my year oli and saku

HABSfansincebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 01:02 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Okay so let's stop debating whether Nash is a joke or not, since noone will ever agree.

Let's debate what it might take to make a reasonable trade offer. My offer was 2 first round picks (one this year, and our '08) and a youngish winger (Perezhogin, or you could go younger to a prospect..), and possibly trade Tollefsen for Bouillon somewhere in there.

04-22-2007, 01:41 AM
le_sean

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Okay so let's stop debating whether Nash is a joke or not, since noone will ever agree.

Let's debate what it might take to make a reasonable trade offer. My offer was 2 first round picks (one this year, and our '08) and a youngish winger (Perezhogin, or you could go younger to a prospect..), and possibly trade Tollefsen for Bouillon somewhere in there.
This is a fast, powerful, 23 year old Rocket Richard trophy winner. I doubt that would be even close enough to get him. Why would they rebuild by trading their very young franchise player? But if you want to put all that aside and just come up with a reasonable price if he was on the block, it would be more like...

1st round pick 2007
Andrei Kostitsyn
David Fischer

You have to give to get. It might even take more.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:19 PM
JrHockeyFan

Frankly I don't see Mtl even getting a sniff at Nash. He remains the face of the franchise with Fedorov down the list.

Getting Nash or even Danny Fritsche from Columbus would be nice pickups. But the Jackets are not going to dump talent unless they get an idiot for a new GM. I suppose we can dream though

In any case calling Nash a joke is just plain ridiculous.

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote