Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

CBC is Terrible

Old
04-19-2007, 09:51 PM
lobo

vCash: 500
CBC is Terrible

Sure am glad CBC is the leading network for all Canadian NHL games. I'd much rather be watching an update from The National than watching the pregame and first four minutes of the Flames/Wings game. And lets not forget the fact that there is no post game show on CBC. Oh and the fact that as a Canadian part of my taxes goes to paying for this garbage. Well done CBC.

Here's to hoping TSN or Sportsnet eventually takes over as the NHL's major network. At least then we will have better game times, more coverage and smarter analysts.

lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 09:58 PM
Polska

Couldn't agree more. I absolutely HATE the updates from the National. I'm tuned into HOCKEY Night in Canada for, you guessed it... HOCKEY! If I cared more about the news I'd be watching a broadcast dedicated to daily news, NOT HNIC. I just want a decent pre-game for a game not involving the Senators.

Polska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Polska

And now it's game time and they're still showing your game. Great.

Polska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-19-2007, 10:06 PM
lobo

And now no Flames game on the CBC HD channel. Gimme a break this is pure BS garbage.

Old
04-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Opeth11

At least there's still the CBC stream. Sure, it's a minute slow and is not that great looking, but it's better than watching that Vancouver-Dallas game.

Opeth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 01:40 AM
DamoTayo*

the CBC execs are definitely spending the tax payers money well. lol

DamoTayo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 03:05 AM
skeena1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretzer99 View Post
And now no Flames game on the CBC HD channel. Gimme a break this is pure BS garbage.
Why should the Flames game be on the HD channel when it wasn't in HD and the Dallas-Vancouver game was?

skeena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Quote:
The Vancouver game was nationwide and the Calgary game was only for alberta/Winsor. They only have one HD truck. Pretty clear call by CBC there. Plus we had it when our game was nationwide and the Van/Dallas game was regional, so it's been spread around. Again, pretty easy decision.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 09:22 AM
lobo

Ya really easy desicion, get another HD truck. They won't have to pay for it anyways, the tax payers will.

Old
04-20-2007, 12:13 PM
kyle747

I believe they still have an HD truck standing by in case the leafs are allowed into the playoffs with a 'by' for the first round

seriously, people here in Ottawa despise the CBC for it's poor regional coverage and were hoping someone else would get the national NHL contract.

no reason the flames should not be available in HD nationally - it's not like anyone watches the network for any reason other than hockey

kyle747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 12:16 PM
StreakingRed
Win For Gio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post
I believe they still have an HD truck standing by in case the leafs are allowed into the playoffs with a 'by' for the first round

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 02:03 PM
scoringmachine

CBC executives have no idea how to make a great tv station. Example CBC loves sports, hockey, shows making fun of Canadians and shows that are not even Canadian. Come on if CBC executives knew how to run a channel they would have lots of Canadian tv shows and schedule them properly so they can have good tv schedule for the NHL playoffs. Until CBC can figure that out NHL playoffs should go to sportnet and TSN that way you do not have Calgary play detroit in the afternoon on Saturday then have to play them on Sunday evenings.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-20-2007, 03:01 PM
workedforme

i spent a good chunk of last nights game griping about cole and neale forsure. i remember at one time datsyuk took a shot a and cole said and kipper has to make a good save on kipper.minor detail yes, but this happens no less than a dozen times a game/period. its retarded.is cbc actually gunna wait until these guys die to replace them? because you know if such is the case they will dedicate a whole weekend to these has-beens and we'll all have to pretend they weren't the bane of hockey announcing's existance for the last 10-15 years of their lives. seriously, give them their gold watches, and show them the door.its well past that time.as well as terrible announcing, i know for the first 2 games of the calgary series they couldn't get the power play clock on the screen most of the time, same thing happened a lot during buffalo ottawa last playoff. it makes me crazy that our national network can't broadcast our national sport on a professional level.cbc should try to make hnic a better product rather than staying static as they have since....? i mean come one watch a game from the 80's on nhl network and the only thing that has changed is the picture has gotten clearer and cole and neale have gotten fuzzier.get your &$%& together cbc

workedforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 04:06 PM
Beetmaster General

Send a message via AIM to Beetmaster General
i cant believe CBC is airing the HNIC studio sessions in HD but not the game.. forcing me to watch the game on NBC :/

Beetmaster General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 04:14 PM
JerseyMike

I love looking at threads full of people who have no idea how television works.

JerseyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 05:11 PM
guzzy

Quote:
Sure am glad CBC is the leading network for all Canadian NHL games. I'd much rather be watching an update from The National than watching the pregame and first four minutes of the Flames/Wings game. And lets not forget the fact that there is no post game show on CBC. Oh and the fact that as a Canadian part of my taxes goes to paying for this garbage. Well done CBC.

Here's to hoping TSN or Sportsnet eventually takes over as the NHL's major network. At least then we will have better game times, more coverage and smarter analysts.
The game times area determined from the American broadcasters. It has to be that way to grow the game in the states. Canadians will watch hockey anytime. Remenda and the rest of the crew the Flames game have had are all terrible.

guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 05:18 PM
Trollo*

Quote:
Ya really easy desicion, get another HD truck. They won't have to pay for it anyways, the tax payers will.
You are a ****ing moron.

If you want to whine about how much the channel sucks, then simply don't watch, or mute it and put music on. I swear to god its not like the tv or cbc is controling you. Secondly, you're probably like 16 and not paying taxes yet or have an income to worry about.

Just don't make a thread about you being upset chill the **** out.

Trollo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 06:20 PM
skeena1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoringmachine View Post
Come on if CBC executives knew how to run a channel they would have lots of Canadian tv shows and schedule them properly so they can have good tv schedule for the NHL playoffs. Until CBC can figure that out NHL playoffs should go to sportnet and TSN that way you do not have Calgary play detroit in the afternoon on Saturday then have to play them on Sunday evenings.
CBC has little or nothing to do with the playoff schedule. It is determined by the NHL at the request of NBC and Versus

skeena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 07:20 PM
12 oz Papa*

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewTheDrunk View Post
You are a ****ing moron.

If you want to whine about how much the channel sucks, then simply don't watch, or mute it and put music on. I swear to god its not like the tv or cbc is controling you. Secondly, you're probably like 16 and not paying taxes yet or have an income to worry about.

With all due respect, I think that maybe you also need to "chill out".

12 oz Papa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 07:39 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewTheDrunk View Post
You are a ****ing moron.

I needed a good laugh after this horrific loss.

If he's sixteen, he's still a hell of alot more mature then you are.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 10:52 PM
lobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMike View Post
I love looking at threads full of people who have no idea how television works.
Well please Mikey Fill us all in. We'd all love to know why CBC is so great in your eyes.

Old
04-23-2007, 10:38 AM
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle747 View Post

seriously, people here in Ottawa despise the CBC for it's poor regional coverage and were hoping someone else would get the national NHL contract.

no reason the flames should not be available in HD nationally - it's not like anyone watches the network for any reason other than hockey
Hey look it only took 10 posts in a CBC thread for a Sens fan to bring up the Leafs.

syc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:46 AM
MuzikMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoringmachine View Post
CBC executives have no idea how to make a great tv station. Example CBC loves sports, hockey, shows making fun of Canadians and shows that are not even Canadian. Come on if CBC executives knew how to run a channel they would have lots of Canadian tv shows and schedule them properly so they can have good tv schedule for the NHL playoffs. Until CBC can figure that out NHL playoffs should go to sportnet and TSN that way you do not have Calgary play detroit in the afternoon on Saturday then have to play them on Sunday evenings.
I'm never one to defend CBC, but the scheduling is more because of NBC - especially the afternoon games.

MuzikMachine is offline   Reply With Quote