HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

pet peeves when I'm at a game

Old
04-29-2007, 01:15 AM
EmptyNetter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxnext2youxx View Post
if the coyotes score 4 or more goals, you get a free chalupa from taco bell. i get so annoyed when the coyotes have 3 goals and everyone just wants them to get another goal so they can get a free chalupa. i dont want a stupid chalupa, i want a win!

ive even asked people, would you rather have a win or a chalupa and the answer always seems to be a chalupa.
I lol'ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goalie_Gal
... but when the Devils are playing the Bruins and the fans are yelling about the Rangers, it's really just laughable.
Bruins fans are probably yelling about the Yankees.

People in front of me either leaning over the balcony or wearing those puck hats that obstruct my view are at the top of my list. Whose frigging idea was it to sell 2ft wide hats to wear to a game anyway?

EmptyNetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 03:23 AM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbjfan97 View Post
however for sake of this thread, one big annoyance would be the people who yell and you know they have no clue about hockey, the team, or anything at all. people yelling "shoot" when we're moving the puck on a PP instead of taking shots (especially when there is still 1:30 in the PP) make me think about picking them up and tossing them down 20 rows, but you just gotta chalk it up to ignorance and move on. dont let people bring you down!

Combine a lack of knowledge with 20-something "puck-bunnies" and you get one of the most annoying combinations ever. I don't go to many hockey games because I don't have much of an interest in the Moose but I have gone to a couple this year. At one of them there were these 19-22 year old girls sitting behind us saying "are you going to take that" or "that's right, don't put up with that" in an annoying (kind of whiny) voice whenever something physical happened in the game. By the time the 1st intermission came around I was spending more time seething than enjoying the game. At she switched seats with a friend after the 1st, otherwise I would've gone insane.

Roke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-29-2007, 03:47 AM
Free Kassian

I agree with the Oiler fan earlier on in the thread who mentioned the people on the cell phones waving to their friends across the arena. Seriously, how lame is that? Vancouver seems to have a lot of people who do that.

Another pet peeve of mine is people who bang on the glass when a player skates by. What's the point, is the player going to stop and say "Hey Mike! How's it going buddy? Are you enjoying the game?"

Free Kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2007, 09:01 PM
12Kerr
Let's go Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Pedersen View Post
I agree with the Oiler fan earlier on in the thread who mentioned the people on the cell phones waving to their friends across the arena. Seriously, how lame is that? Vancouver seems to have a lot of people who do that.

Another pet peeve of mine is people who bang on the glass when a player skates by. What's the point, is the player going to stop and say "Hey Mike! How's it going buddy? Are you enjoying the game?"

Bingo on both parts

12Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2007, 02:56 PM
Rem
this face

Pet Peeves at the tank? The sitting back in the chair rule. Newbies don't know it, and are freakin' offended that you asked them to sit back. Some two drunk guys wanted to fight because we (us season ticket holders) asked them to lean back.

The only thing worse is when its a really fat guy, and his BACK-FAT is preventing him from leaning back - *** can he do??? STOP EATING CHILI CHEESE FRY'S!!!!

Rem is offline   Reply With Quote