HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Isles' Hill out for 20: doping

Old
04-21-2007, 12:08 AM
E-Train

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Hill's a punk POS anyway. I despise the guy and I feel no sorrow or pity towards the guy.

Kiss your career bye-bye, Hill.
I'm with you 100% here, always thought Hill was a complete punk. Him on the Isles just added too it. Hill & his visor can go home for good.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:36 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

no way he is the only guy doing it....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
There was an article a few years ago, I think in SI (of all places) about performance-enhancing drug-usage in the NHL. It basically implied that there was a culture of using performance-enhancers going back through the '80s. One player interviewed commented that if you go through any lockerroom in the NHL at the time, you'd find almost everyone poping "sudies."

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 07:11 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Wow...This is terrible news for the NHLs clean image when it comes to drug use.

You can gurantee that the media outlets will now focus on this when talking about the NHL...not the playoffs.

The media may not grab a hold of this one, there are other bigger stories going on right now, It also helps that The Isles were eliminated on the same night, so the Hill storyline becomes a footnote.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 08:01 AM
gravy121

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
There was an article a few years ago, I think in SI (of all places) about performance-enhancing drug-usage in the NHL. It basically implied that there was a culture of using performance-enhancers going back through the '80s. One player interviewed commented that if you go through any lockerroom in the NHL at the time, you'd find almost everyone poping "sudies."
Well, guess it depends on where you draw the moral line between a legal versus illegal performance enhancer; but "sudies" refers to over-the-counter Sudafeds - cold medicine that helps open the nasal passage, making it easier to breathe. Personally I feel there is a vast difference between cold medicine and that which alters a bodies muscular and physical makeup.

gravy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 08:40 AM
Synergy27

I am tempted to say that I am not surprised and that Hill has displayed flashes of "'roid rage" all season. I know that sounds ridiculous, and is probably just plain wrong, but getting to see the guy play in the local market has made me hate him with a passion.

The guy follows every defensive play he makes with a cross-check/slash/punch and rarely gets called for it. I honestly couldn't believe the stuff he got away with, especially in the games against the Rangers.

The "'roid rage" comment is made partially in jest, but either way I am glad this guy was caught and I hop his dirty play will never be allowed to taint the league again.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
What does this mean for the league? Is anyone on the Rangers using? Is Hill's career over? NOT GOOD FOR THE NHL RIGHT NOW.
Last I checked the NFL was the most popular league in the country...

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 11:05 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

i wonder what he was on...maybe a bit of winstrol depot, or something a little stronger...maybe horse testosterone.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 11:40 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

This is disgraceful. If there's one thing I've learned about hockey, the sport's about technique. I've seen kids who are 5'6" and 130 pounds have rockets for shots. The game is about technique, not brute force like football. There's no reason anyone in hockey PERIOD should be doping.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 11:53 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight25 View Post
This is disgraceful. If there's one thing I've learned about hockey, the sport's about technique. I've seen kids who are 5'6" and 130 pounds have rockets for shots. The game is about technique, not brute force like football. There's no reason anyone in hockey PERIOD should be doping.
most steroids are used for recovery time, not necessarily the performance on the field/ice. at least thats what it seems like when you read about the giambino and bonds thing. either way, im taking the same stance i did when it came to baseball.

I DONT CARE.

I honestly dont give a crap if the athletes are taking steroids. i myself have never taken them, but i also have never had the opportunity to get a multimillion dollar contract. steroids have been, and always will be a part of the game, deal with it.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:05 PM
BroadwayBlair

this might fuel the advocates of banning fighting in the nhl, they'll say the players are getting stronger now and one bad punch can end a life... i don't think many nhl players would use or even want to use use steriods

BroadwayBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I am 100% sure thats the case.

You were not tested. A hockeyplayer benefits on the ice from taking steroids, without a doubt.

In all gyms at that time 100% of the builders used steroids. Researches gooing back and checking old blood tests from Olympics for example with new technonology shows that in many sports 100% of the medalists had steroids in them. The Soviets have on a broad front gone out and confirmed that they were forced to take steroids. Håkan Loob have gone on record saying that all players in Calgary got steroids from the team doctor around their cup win in 89´.

But in the NHL nobody have ever used them according to the NHL -- its not a problem.

I think its disgusting that the leauge don't take care of this matter. Without a doubt its still a big issue. Their testing is a joke. They don't allow steroids, but they allow meds that makes it impossible to find steroids in tests. Its almost like you must want to be caught to actually get caught. There is so many risks using steroids, from a medical point of view, and from a personality point of view, the NHL should assure young kids that they don't have to use steroids to compete at the same levels as everyone else.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 12:12 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlair View Post
this might fuel the advocates of banning fighting in the nhl, they'll say the players are getting stronger now and one bad punch can end a life... i don't think many nhl players would use or even want to use use steriods
If you are on the verge of making it, and got problems adding weight -- something that can be allot tougher then people think when playing 80-90 hockeygamse per year -- you will do allot of things.

It starts in a smaller scale, and for many I am sure it doesn't stop there. I've had several teammates in Sweden that used steroids, atleast 5. Guys who never even where close to make it. For some reason I doubt its diffrent in the NHL or in the CHL.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 01:31 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Thank god that it was only Sean Hill. If it was someone that the typical US media actually had heard of (which basically means Crosby, Ovechkin, and Bertuzzi and Roenick for their recent incidents) then the media could really tee-off. Nonetheless, it's still a bad thing, but at least it's not a high profile player.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Well, Marek Malik IS a dope...

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-21-2007, 07:18 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
no way he is the only guy doing it....
Absolutely, its just a matter of time until other are discovered. However I don't think its wide spread use or abuse, but I definitely think there are others out there. There just has to be.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 05:24 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Has Nolan come out with his "the testing firm switched Sean Hill's urine sample with Ryan Hollweg's urine sample" comment yet?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote