Notices

What do they do now?

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2003, 06:53 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
What do they do now?

Well, we finally lost in regulation. It was a fun ride (10 straight games with points).
Question is - What's the team going to do now?
They have a tough schedule coming up, and with all the injuries there would be lots of excuses to fall back to .500
This stretch will be a good test to see how good this team really is.
All I can say is they had better come out flyin' against Carolina

Old
12-10-2003, 01:40 PM
CalgaryThrasher

vCash: 500
They could've won so easily last night. Alot of chances late in the game. They won't look back on it as a bad loss.

Old
12-11-2003, 06:54 AM
FLAMESFAN

What I'm talking about is the confidence level - sure it's contageus when you're winning, but it sure evaporates when you're losing. This team is still a little fragile, especially being depleted. I just hope we're not in for a downfall here. Bos, Phily, Col are all very good teams. One week from now we could easily be on a 5 game losing streak and back at .500. I think this game against Carolina is key. Win this one and I think we'll be alright, lose it and we may be in trouble.
Remember - good teams rarely lose 2 games in a row

Old
12-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAMESFAN
Remember - good teams rarely lose 2 games in a row
They haven't lost two consecutive regulation games this season. We can only hope that this trend continues.

Old
12-11-2003, 12:07 PM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob
They haven't lost two consecutive regulation games this season. We can only hope that this trend continues.
Sure they have, actually 3.
Just before the streak started they lost 3-0 to Det, and Min, then also lost to Columbus.

Old
12-11-2003, 03:10 PM
Badger Bob

You're right...was thinking of what the Wild broadcast crew was discussing during the last game. They were talking about the streak of the last ten games or so. My bad.

Anyway, if the team sticks to the system, the chances will come.

Old
12-11-2003, 07:38 PM
kruezer

Well they pulled it out, the offense is still suffering a little (0-7 on the PP) but they did out shoot them 32-21 or so. Good to see them pull this victory out. This one impresses me alot despite the fact people dis Carolina. They are not a terrible team despite all reports, the perfect team to sneak up on people that are overconfident. But the Flames beat'em anyway. And Shean Donovan just keeps going, its really amazing. Kippers dropped his first 0 as a Flame. And Denis Gauthier's 2 PIM put him into 24th all-time in Flame history with 430, passing the immortal Cale Hulse.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

It's amazing how Sutter can take a life-long grinder and make him a star. He did the same with the line of Sundstrom, Ricci, and Thornton in San Jose.

Well, we saw some offense from Iginla, but he still has a ways to go before he regains his form. And has Lombardi gone quiet? I haven't heard much about him lately.

Old
12-11-2003, 08:42 PM
kruezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican
It's amazing how Sutter can take a life-long grinder and make him a star. He did the same with the line of Sundstrom, Ricci, and Thornton in San Jose.

Well, we saw some offense from Iginla, but he still has a ways to go before he regains his form. And has Lombardi gone quiet? I haven't heard much about him lately.
Iginla just can't quite SCORE, I agree for sure, oh well as long as he keeps givin'er it will at least open things for others. Lombardi has quited, I think once the other centers get back he may sit a game or two, or face some cut ice time. It should be expected though.

Old
12-12-2003, 11:57 AM
FLAMESFAN

Well, that was a relief. Now the real test. Hopefully we can pulll a couple of upsets in the next few games. Boston hasn't been very good lately, that's a definite possiblity.

Old
12-20-2003, 08:39 AM
FLAMESFAN

Kudos to the team for that road trip.
Stops in phily, Boston, and Columbus, and we walk away with 6 points.
And here I was worried..............
Take a well deserved rest boys

Closed Thread