HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 22/04/07 Rochester Americans @ Hamilton Bulldogs - Game 3 - 6.00PM

Old
04-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
COREY LOCKE RUUUUUUUULES THE WORLD!

Marc the Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:21 PM
Marco Corleone

vCash: 500
Atta boy Locker~~

Keep it up boys......

Marco Corleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:22 PM
David_99

I left for 2mins and they scored two goals!? Woohoo!

David_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:23 PM
jo_ab

pretty cool game tonight... I'm listening to it on the radio... TOO MUCH STRESS I CAN'T SEE

jo_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Who needs Kostitsyn when we have Locke

Anyways, good the hear him having some success.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:28 PM
un_lavalois*

Where can i listen to the game?

un_lavalois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_lavalois View Post
it's almost done... 1:00 to go

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:29 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by un_lavalois View Post
here

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:30 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Oh no....

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Would the defense please wake up. Take the extra man. Block the pass. Tie up a stick. Something.

Old
04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
We'll need a Jan Bulis night from Corey Locke now.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:33 PM
Erik Estrada

Prediction: Grabovski in the first OT with the candlestick

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Hopefully Price doesn't feel responsible for the game going to overtime.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:37 PM
Habsfan18

I know it's only 1 game, but I'm not very optimistic with Price letting in 4 goals in an important game.

But like I said, it's only 1 game.

And i'm not watching, so they could have been nice goals..

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:41 PM
wildone26*

Hopefully the team gets the win, Price would feel alot better about allowing 4 goals if they manage to win it anyway somehow.

wildone26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:42 PM
Tuggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I know it's only 1 game, but I'm not very optimistic with Price letting in 4 goals in an important game.

Should probably trade him.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:42 PM
un_lavalois*

Thanks for the link, we will beat them

un_lavalois* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Should probably trade him.
lol I'm not one of those types..

Old
04-22-2007, 08:45 PM
Qui Gon Dave

End of the 3rd - Game tied at 4

Wow, good period of hockey. It started with Price making all the saves and plays needed of him. Made a comfortable early save. Then made a quick pad save at the near post. Then made a sprawling save going across the crease to the back post. Later on he would even send a 2 line pass to Milroy while the Dogs D were standing around taking things easy, he was looking to make things happen.

At the busy end, Chipchura somehow failed to score a goal when Ferland stepped out from behind the net and fed a puck between the near post and the goalie through the crease. Chip was right behind Anderson with his stick on the ice, it almost looked like the pcuk went through his stick blade.

Stortini has been busy as well. He lined one guy up for a hit at the Dogs line and was then beaten by him to the front of the Dogs net. Not nice to watch. He made up for it with a desperate attempt to score though after a shot from Manlow. Stortini got knocked to his knees out front of the net and stilled tried sliding the puck home. For a split second, he was almost Peter Forsberg. Oddest play came when he tried to beat a late icing call. He was a couple of steps behind the Amerks Dman and threw himself head first at full stretch towards the boards to try and reach it. He didn't, but great effort from him.

Anderson was being heavily tested in the third. Groulx forced a good glove save from him and someone else took the term 'sniper' too far by almost taking his head off with a hard shot. Anderson collapsed to the ground and slowly got up after the play was blown dead. He also stopped Benoit from 10 feet above the crease on a backhand shot when it seemed nothing would go in for the Dogs. But it would...

O'Byrne on the ice for the PP takes a hard shot and the rebound falls to Locke. He fired the puck home and the Dogs were back in it. Locke from O'Byrne and Lapierre.

Grabs was really flying on the PP, wheeling around the ice making things happen. He fed a great pass to Milroy out front but he shot just wide. Seconds later Grabs draws a pen and the Dogs get a 5 on 3. Seconds after that ends, Biron fires a big shot off the end boards and it bounces into the slot for Locke who converts it. Locke from Biron and Groulx.

Elsewhere, the Amerks hit the post.D'ago made some sweet moves coming out of the corner but got taken down by 2 Amerks. Ferland made a super human effort to keep the puck in the Amerks zone along the boards, really just a fantastic job by him. Price made a glove save and then the defense fell asleep. They lost a faceoff in their zone, the puck went round the net and quickly back out front where it was one timed into the near side top corner. Price could do nothing. There were 4 Dogs standing around the net looking a bit lost though. I hope that's the lasttime tonight that happens.

Overtime coming up...

Old
04-22-2007, 08:45 PM
westcoast habsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post

Good grief, it happens to everyone, including Dryden, Roy and Brodeur. No goalie ever has a perfect game every night, including in the Stanley Cup play-offs nevermind the AHL. One so-so game doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't anyone remember Roy blowing it against Detroit? Game 6 in Colorado, he tries to show-off with a glove save and drops it in the crease leading to a Detroit goal. The Avs and Roy were absolutely blown out in Game 7 in Detroit.

Consistency defines a great goaltender, not one bad night. Price will be good.

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:47 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

the game is not over???

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:47 PM
Habsfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoast habsfan View Post
Good grief, it happens to everyone, including Dryden, Roy and Brodeur. No goalie ever has a perfect game every night, including in the Stanley Cup play-offs nevermind the AHL. One so-so game doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't anyone remember Roy blowing it against Detroit? Game 6 in Colorado, he tries to show-off with a glove save and drops it in the crease leading to a Detroit goal. The Avs and Roy were absolutely blown out in Game 7 in Detroit.

Consistency defines a great goaltender, not one bad night. Price will be good.
lol,

I'm not saying Price won't be good. I have no doubt in my mind that Price will be a fantastic goaltender for us.

I know that every goaltender has bad games, I just want him to have a great playoffs.

He hasn't had many shots and has let in 4 goals and 2 of them sounded pretty weak from the sounds of things. All I'm saying is that I wish he'd play well in such an important game.

Old
04-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post

Wow, good period of hockey. It started with Price making all the saves and plays needed of him. Made a comfortable early save. Then made a quick pad save at the near post. Then made a sprawling save going across the crease to the back post. Later on he would even send a 2 line pass to Milroy while the Dogs D were standing around taking things easy, he was looking to make things happen.

At the busy end, Chipchura somehow failed to score a goal when Ferland stepped out from behind the net and fed a puck between the near post and the goalie through the crease. Chip was right behind Anderson with his stick on the ice, it almost looked like the pcuk went through his stick blade.

Stortini has been busy as well. He lined one guy up for a hit at the Dogs line and was then beaten by him to the front of the Dogs net. Not nice to watch. He made up for it with a desperate attempt to score though after a shot from Manlow. Stortini got knocked to his knees out front of the net and stilled tried sliding the puck home. For a split second, he was almost Peter Forsberg. Oddest play came when he tried to beat a late icing call. He was a couple of steps behind the Amerks Dman and threw himself head first at full stretch towards the boards to try and reach it. He didn't, but great effort from him.

Anderson was being heavily tested in the third. Groulx forced a good glove save from him and someone else took the term 'sniper' too far by almost taking his head off with a hard shot. Anderson collapsed to the ground and slowly got up after the play was blown dead. He also stopped Benoit from 10 feet above the crease on a backhand shot when it seemed nothing would go in for the Dogs. But it would...

O'Byrne on the ice for the PP takes a hard shot and the rebound falls to Locke. He fired the puck home and the Dogs were back in it. Locke from O'Byrne and Lapierre.

Grabs was really flying on the PP, wheeling around the ice making things happen. He fed a great pass to Milroy out front but he shot just wide. Seconds later Grabs draws a pen and the Dogs get a 5 on 3. Seconds after that ends, Biron fires a big shot off the end boards and it bounces into the slot for Locke who converts it. Locke from Biron and Groulx.

Elsewhere, the Amerks hit the post.D'ago made some sweet moves coming out of the corner but got taken down by 2 Amerks. Ferland made a super human effort to keep the puck in the Amerks zone along the boards, really just a fantastic job by him. Price made a glove save and then the defense fell asleep. They lost a faceoff in their zone, the puck went round the net and quickly back out front where it was one timed into the near side top corner. Price could do nothing. There were 4 Dogs standing around the net looking a bit lost though. I hope that's the lasttime tonight that happens.

Overtime coming up...
Thanks again for the very explicit, great feedback/analysis/commentary!!

Very useful

Mr. Hab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:51 PM
westcoast habsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post

They lost a faceoff in their zone, the puck went round the net and quickly back out front where it was one timed into the near side top corner. Price could do nothing. There were 4 Dogs standing around the net looking a bit lost though. I hope that's the lasttime tonight that happens.

Overtime coming up...
It sounds like a lot of the goals were one-timed. A tough save for any goalie to make. (Brodeur let in two to Brad Richards this afternoon). The 'Dogs need to start getting their sticks into passing lanes to stop that cross-ice pass for the one-timer, and maintain inside presence in the defensive zone so Amerks players are taking shots from the outside.

Need a better defensive effort from the team.

westcoast habsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 08:58 PM
znk

Penalty shot !

znk is offline   Reply With Quote