Jamie McLennan Suspended 5 Games

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=205181&hubname=nhl

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

vCash: 500
Playfair was fined $25,000 and the organization was fined $100,000, per NBC.

Ricelund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Maken*

Wow, way too harsh... 2 games tops imo.

Maken* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 02:48 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maken View Post
Wow, way too harsh... 2 games tops imo.
Yeah, what a harsh punishment. Five games for a guy who has no bearing on the outcome of this series.

Langkow should be suspended too.

Old
04-22-2007, 02:55 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by arice89 View Post
Yeah, what a harsh punishment. Five games for a guy who has no bearing on the outcome of this series.

seriously dude you and a buddy should lay on your stomachs... let him put his hand on the back of your head and punch you in the face... ... then stand up and have him give you a jab to the face... the jab would probably hurt more because you have no leverage what so ever when you are laying on your stomach

its not like Lebda was turtled and Langkow was kneeling over him and feeding him shots...

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
seriously dude you and a buddy should lay on your stomachs... let him put his hand on the back of your head and punch you in the face... ... then stand up and have him give you a jab to the face... the jab would probably hurt more because you have no leverage what so ever when you are laying on your stomach
Is that from the Kama Sutra? Try writing coherently next time.

Langkow knew there were no refs around, suckerpunched Lebda, put his thumb in Lebda's throat and then rolled around on the ice pretending to be hurt. I was at the game in the third row and the play was literally right in front of me. It was a chicken**** move and he should be suspended.

Old
04-22-2007, 03:00 PM
CBanana

Not too surprised. No matter how you slice it what McLennan did was just dumb.

The irony is that either Brent Krahn or Curtis McElhinney will be an improvement over McLennan.

Quote:
I was wondering about the but only because Lebda got injured during the game. I really didn't think that punch looked that bad.

CBanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:06 PM
BenThatcher

Who gets the call up? Krahn?

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:

Langkow knew there were no refs around, suckerpunched Lebda, put his thumb in Lebda's throat and then rolled around on the ice pretending to be hurt. I was at the game in the third row and the play was literally right in front of me. It was a chicken**** move and he should be suspended.
if you were sitting in the 3rd row and it happened right in fornt of you... the boards would have been blocking your view of the entire thing

and if you think that is suspendable you need to go start watching figure skating because punches that hard happen in every NHL rink on every single night... and if you are going to talk about cheap shots... let's talk about getting so low on a "hip check" that you need to put your hands on the ice to keep yourself from falling over... even worse is the fact he missed with his hip completely and used his body to take out Langkow's leg... and i know he didnt hit Langkow in the knee... but when your shoulder is at mid-thigh level on a hip check you are too low... what Lebda did would warrant a suspension before what Langkow did (and i personally think Lebda recieved just punishment for his low hit... a clipping penalty and a pop to the face)

and you dont need to say anything about how i type because quite frankly its none of your business... if you dont want to read it the the hell of the flames board and continue your whining and cryingon teh wings board where it belongs

Old
04-22-2007, 03:11 PM
DamoTayo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThatcher View Post
Who gets the call up? Krahn?
YAAAHHH!!! KRAHNS THE S***!!!

DamoTayo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
if you were sitting in the 3rd row and it happened right in fornt of you... the boards would have been blocking your view of the entire thing

and if you think that is suspendable you need to go start watching figure skating because punches that hard happen in every NHL rink on every single night... and if you are going to talk about cheap shots... let's talk about getting so low on a "hip check" that you need to put your hands on the ice to keep yourself from falling over... even worse is the fact he missed with his hip completely and used his body to take out Langkow's leg... and i know he didnt hit Langkow in the knee... but when your shoulder is at mid-thigh level on a hip check you are too low... what Lebda did would warrant a suspension before what Langkow did (and i personally think Lebda recieved just punishment for his low hit... a clipping penalty and a pop to the face)

and you dont need to say anything about how i type because quite frankly its none of your business... if you dont want to read it the the hell of the flames board and continue your whining and cryingon teh wings board where it belongs
You're right, I'm lying.

I'm not whining, I'm just tired of the double standards. Everything the Flames do seems to be just brushed off as "playoff hockey" or "keeping up the energy" and a borderline hip check from Lebda warrants a suckerpunch with no punishment. Not even a penalty.

Old
04-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Lunatik*

i would expect its krahn that gets called up so McElhinney can lead the Knights in the AHL playoffs

Old
04-22-2007, 03:18 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
You're right, I'm lying.

I'm not whining, I'm just tired of the double standards. Everything the Flames do seems to be just brushed off as "playoff hockey" or "keeping up the energy" and a borderline hip check from Lebda warrants a suckerpunch with no punishment. Not even a penalty.
i didnt say it didnt warrant a penalty... i said it didnt warrant a suspension... hell i even said Lebda didnt deserve a suspension either... i said McLennan deserves to be suspended... research my posts i even said i would be personally fine with McLennan getting 10-15 games...

so please tell me where the hell my double standards are??

i personally feel a low hit is cheaper than a punch to the nose... its not like this awas the tootoo incident where he put all his weight into the punch and dove at him to hurt him... this was a case where a player was laying on his stomach and threw a punch because he felt he was cheapshotted... it was no more viscious than a forward skating into a scrum and punching the defenseman in the face

Old
04-22-2007, 03:21 PM
DamoTayo*

Quote:
Playfair was fined $25,000 and the organization was fined $100,000, per NBC.
there goes flames central profits for 2 days down the drain.

Old
04-22-2007, 03:22 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoTayo View Post
its estimated the home team in each playoff game generates 1-1.5 million in revenue

Old
04-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Cactus Jack

Send a message via MSN to Cactus Jack
That was too harsh. The NHL always takes it's opportunity to hit fringe players hard with suspensions, like Noodles and Simon. This slash was worse than the Neil hit on Drury or Janssens on Kaberle? Please. Two games max. but he's a backup so it won't matter.

Lebda should garner a big suspension too. I think he went after Langkow's knees intentionally. Lebda was unobstructed and Langkow didn't change the angle on him, and Lebda still went really low. Can you imagine? If someone tried to break my legs like that I would have done a lot worse to them than a sucker punch. You can suspend Langkow but I would have protected myself in a similar fashion. Lebda's play was intent to injure and in a roundabout way he got what he deserved.

Who's the extra D for the wings?

Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:25 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
Kyle Quincey was called up today from Grand Rapids.

Old
04-22-2007, 03:28 PM
DamoTayo*

Quote:
its estimated the home team in each playoff game generates 1-1.5 million in revenue
lol not in detroit! they got the sea of red there going on as well. the sea of empty red seats

Old
04-22-2007, 03:29 PM
DamoTayo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactus Jack View Post
That was too harsh. The NHL always takes it's opportunity to hit fringe players hard with suspensions, like Noodles and Simon. This slash was worse than the Neil hit on Drury or Janssens on Kaberle? Please. Two games max. but he's a backup so it won't matter.

Lebda should garner a big suspension too. I think he went after Langkow's knees intentionally. Lebda was unobstructed and Langkow didn't change the angle on him, and Lebda still went really low. Can you imagine? If someone tried to break my legs like that I would have done a lot worse to them than a sucker punch. You can suspend Langkow but I would have protected myself in a similar fashion. Lebda's play was intent to injure and in a roundabout way he got what he deserved.

it could matter.

Old
04-22-2007, 03:53 PM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamoTayo View Post
do you have any idea how much the power bill at flames central is for one single day, and how much it cost to build? that place ain't cutting a profit for a LONG time.

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Human Torch View Post
do you have any idea how much the power bill at flames central is for one single day, and how much it cost to build? that place ain't cutting a profit for a LONG time.
it depends on several things... if the drinks are expensive and it remains this busy for a while... then they could be in the black in a relitively short amount of time... and if they have any ofrms of advertising inside that would also allow profits much sooner

Old
04-22-2007, 04:00 PM
The Human Torch

Send a message via MSN to The Human Torch
Quote:
it depends on several things... if the drinks are expensive and it remains this busy for a while... then they could be in the black in a relitively short amount of time... and if they have any ofrms of advertising inside that would also allow profits much sooner
that's just the issue... how many people are going to want to go there when it's 28 degrees outside in the middle of july? they need to have a LOT of drink sales to cover their costs in there. they do have advertising inside, though. companies can advertise on the power ring and the outdoor LED screens, which will definitely bring in some good income, but still.

anyways, sorry to derail the thread. please continue.

The Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:02 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Quote:

Sure suspend Langkow, we'll just play Ritchie or Godard. I'm sure that's what you want.

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:03 PM
BenThatcher

I don't think the Flames are worred about profits when they have lots of suckers like me lining up to pay 40 bucks for a 300 level ticket

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-22-2007, 04:07 PM
Ricelund
We like our team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsBearcat View Post
Sure suspend Langkow, we'll just play Ritchie or Godard. I'm sure that's what you want.
Considering the large majority of Calgary's goals have come on the PP, I'll take a role player like Ritchie or Godard over Langkow.