HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Curtis Sanford

Old
04-18-2007, 05:06 PM
serum114

vCash: 500
Curtis Sanford

Hello all,

I was hoping some of you Blues fans could fill me in on the buzz around Curtis Sanford's future with the team. As an Oilers fan, I'd love to add a younger NHL netminder to back up Roli and spell him for 20-25 games a year and have liked Sanford when I've had the chance to watch him. My question is twofold:

1 - What is his future (if any) with the Blues? He's an RFA and with Cash and Schwarz knocking on (possibly kicking in) the door and Legace the likely starter for the next couple seasons, is he even in the plans?

2 - If he is a moveable asset, what kind of return would he likely fetch?

Thanks in advance,

serum114

serum114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Checker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by serum114 View Post
Hello all,

I was hoping some of you Blues fans could fill me in on the buzz around Curtis Sanford's future with the team. As an Oilers fan, I'd love to add a younger NHL netminder to back up Roli and spell him for 20-25 games a year and have liked Sanford when I've had the chance to watch him. My question is twofold:

1 - What is his future (if any) with the Blues? He's an RFA and with Cash and Schwarz knocking on (possibly kicking in) the door and Legace the likely starter for the next couple seasons, is he even in the plans?

2 - If he is a moveable asset, what kind of return would he likely fetch?

Thanks in advance,

serum114
I think he's very moveable for the reasons you mentioned. Alone he probably wouldn't bring back a whole lot, but knowing that you guys are in the market for puck-moving defensemen (which we also have a stockpile of), would you do something like

Sanford, Backman
for
Lupul or Torres + pick

Checker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-18-2007, 06:16 PM
2ForRoughing*

I'm sure he's available and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't tender him a contract and walk away from his rights. I don't see them offering him a deal and retaining 'Cash as well. One is going to go.
I also doubt he fetches much on the open market. Mediocre goaltenders are never a hot commodity, are they?

2ForRoughing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ForRoughing View Post
I'm sure he's available and it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't tender him a contract and walk away from his rights. I don't see them offering him a deal and retaining 'Cash as well. One is going to go.
I also doubt he fetches much on the open market. Mediocre goaltenders are never a hot commodity, are they?
We'd better hope that the rest of The NHL teams haven't noticed that he's been completely helpless in defending in a breakaway situation, lately.

I'd like The Blues to get something for him. But it doesn't look like it would be much, now.

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 06:54 AM
barnburner

If the Oilers have a need for a goalie that cannot stay healthy, and undergoes paralysis when facing a breakaway or penalty shot - I'm sure
Mr. Davidson would love to hear from you.

barnburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 10:34 AM
execwrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnburner View Post
If the Oilers have a need for a goalie that cannot stay healthy, and undergoes paralysis when facing a breakaway or penalty shot - I'm sure
Mr. Davidson would love to hear from you.
You forgot the part about dropping too quick and giving up goals on high shots.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 11:02 AM
blueshead

Curtis is gone...he's yours for the signing July 1st...

blueshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshead View Post
Curtis is gone...he's yours for the signing July 1st...
That's what I thought I, too, had read in official sources (he's a UFA). But several posters here and on other Blues' fora (who usually don't post anything without having researched it) have recently said he's an RFA. I thought he's a UFA, and The Blues will just let him walk (no interest in resigning him).

Which is it?

Robb_K is online now   Reply With Quote