Notices

Playfair done?

Old
04-23-2007, 02:08 AM
ARS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vancouver_2010 View Post
i am not trying to troll, but would it be better to ask sutter to be coach again.
I agree, I think Darryl is the best coach for this team. It's unfair to put the blame on a coach for the shortcomings of the players, but something has to give when the offense is worse from last year despite having more talent.

Sad to see the Flames lose though

I was hoping they would atleast take it to 7.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:11 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roddick View Post
I agree, I think Darryl is the best coach for this team. It's unfair to put the blame on a coach for the shortcomings of the players, but something has to give when the offense is worse from last year despite having more talent.

Sad to see the Flames lose though

I was hoping they would atleast take it to 7.
Uhh how the hell is the offense worse this year than last? Its the defense you are refering to, not offense.

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:14 AM
ARS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
Uhh how the hell is the offense worse this year than last? Its the defense you are refering to, not offense.
I worded it incorrectly, what I meant to say was that the offense isn't much improved from last year despite getting more talent. The goals for went up during the season, but in the playoffs the flames offense just couldn't break through Detroit's defense.

ARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 02:18 AM
PapaBear*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Roddick View Post
I worded it incorrectly, what I meant to say was that the offense isn't much improved from last year despite getting more talent. The goals for went up during the season, but in the playoffs the flames offense just couldn't break through Detroit's defense.
Offensively, going by reg. season stats this years team is far superior to last years. The reason why the flames didnt score enough on hasek this series was not because of lack of offensive talent - but because out forwards werent even skating! Still being too fancy, not getting enough pucks on net and most importantly keeping things SIMPLE. But doesnt surprise me, I already forsaw this happening well before the playoffs even started.

PapaBear* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 07:36 PM
Fleury14
Kipper

copied from another thread:

"I don't see what is so bad about Playfair. Although the team has underperformed, I think he's adjusted fairly well for being a 1st year NHL coach. He just needs to figure out how to get the team as pumped up to play as they are at home, on the road. We are tops in the league at home, that does count for something.

Not to mention that he was Sutter's hand-picked successor, he's going to get a chance for more than just one season."

Fleury14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 07:44 PM
mac_82

Since this was his first year as coach, I would hope things can only get better from here right?

We can only hope....

Unfortunate as it was that Sutter stepped down as coach with only 2-3 years left with our core intact, hopefully Playfair can learn from his mistakes and shortcomings. And it better be sooner as opposed to later.

mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 08:52 PM
VoiceOfReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
Bye Bye PF! Bring in a real coach Sutter! What I predicted happened, he got badly schooled by babcock.
I predict you'll continue living with your parents until they finally realize thier freeloading son is a turncoat disguising himself as a hockey fan--but you don't have to take my word for it.

VoiceOfReason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 09:03 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
I predict you'll continue living with your parents until they finally realize thier freeloading son is a turncoat disguising himself as a hockey fan--but you don't have to take my word for it.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Dogbert*

Send a message via MSN to Dogbert*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
copied from another thread:

"I don't see what is so bad about Playfair. Although the team has underperformed, I think he's adjusted fairly well for being a 1st year NHL coach. He just needs to figure out how to get the team as pumped up to play as they are at home, on the road. We are tops in the league at home, that does count for something.

Not to mention that he was Sutter's hand-picked successor, he's going to get a chance for more than just one season."
The reason that the team was so pumped at home was the crowd. 19 289 screaming fans have a way of getting a team ready to play.

Simply put, Playfair did nothing for this team. He's the biggest reason why we aren't still in the dance, and if he's still around next year, we might not even make it this far.

Dogbert* is offline   Reply With Quote