HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Iginla

Old
04-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

vCash: 500
does he play centre? Dont think so which is what the Habs really need..... a number one centreman

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
OK... nobody is going to say it so i'll sacrifice myself on the pyre of postdom: (is that a word?)

"Hey... i know: why dont we trade them Samsonov And Aebischer and Perezhogin for Iginla..??"

Ok... i've done my part for king and country.

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:17 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Poutine View Post
OK... nobody is going to say it so i'll sacrifice myself on the pyre of postdom: (is that a word?)

"Hey... i know: why dont we trade them Samsonov And Aebischer and Perezhogin for Iginla..??"

Ok... i've done my part for king and country.
I still can't believe that fans want to trde Abischer....man way to late for that. He will be UFA by the summer and I am sure if there is interest in him, they will wait. What could we get for this guy, a100 round pick 2020.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 09:18 PM
deandebean

Iginla would be fine. But this board reeks more and more of Leaffan.

LeafFan always thinks that his blue team will go and get the premier player of the league. LeafFan has been wet dreaming that since Johnny Bower left Taranna.

Now, I can see THREE threads about elite players that should be coming to Montreal, as if they are made available to Bob. Listen, don't turn this board into LeafFan board. It's not very credible to start threads about elite players being made available by "pensée magique."

deandebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:00 PM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post

LeafFan always thinks that his blue team will go and get the premier player of the league. LeafFan has been wet dreaming that since Johnny Bower left Taranna.

Now, I can see THREE threads about elite players that should be coming to Montreal, as if they are made available to Bob. Listen, don't turn this board into LeafFan board. It's not very credible to start threads about elite players being made available by "pensée magique."
I agree.We all want but can't get it all. Having said that, let's be honest, the Habs do need something to cheers positively. All I can say is look at the Sens for exemple....Heatly vs Hossa. At first, alot of fans were in douts and now, there is no other way about it, they are a better team with Heatley then with Hossa.

That brings me back to the Habs, what most MTL Fans want may be deferent from what is avaible via trades and UFA. We have almost to many ?? on the team( do we keep Ryder or not, will Perezhogin reach the next level if so will it be with MTL, is Koivu the rigth Captain for this club, wil Kovalev give us a full good season..etc....)
IMO, certain players will have to pass on the torch. I like youth but I also like an establish player like Shanahan and few other.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:04 PM
bjac

Quote:

Well if you've actually read my posts carefull you will notice that IN EVERY ONE, I state that I dont think this will happen. I think its unrealistic that Iginla will come to Montreal, let alone leave Calgary (because I think that they will try there best to resign him). I put this on the board because I heard it from TSN. TSN being one of the more credible sources in hockey, I thought that some people might want to know. If you don't want to read about it, then don't.

Also dont say that I am 'not credible' to make this post when I have a SOURCE. What else would I need? This is a board is for discussion about the NHL and whats going on in it right now. I simply posted what a credible analyst said on TV, and then gave my humble opinion. Stop trying to flame me, you're just shooting the messanger.

Last edited by bjac: 04-23-2007 at 10:11 PM.
bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:14 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
does he play centre? Dont think so which is what the Habs really need..... a number one centreman
I don't think he's likely to end up in a Habs uniform but... to address your post, Higgins can play centre, and a winger like Iggy, if he existed on the same team as Higgins and Kovalev... well, that looks like a fine and dandy first line to me. One step deeper into my fantasy has Koivu and Ryder still here, with Kosty or Tender, making up the second line. I love fantasies... this one is sure to come tonight just before the one where I am the love slave of Rebecca Romaijn and Heidi Klum. Yeah, I'm 30.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:

lol dude school's out...clearly some people are starting to tote on that shiba again

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 12:21 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
OK!! So, you want the kids to develop, you don't want to overpay, Iginla is a right shot for Koivu. But, in other threads you want to desperately ship Ryder out of town!! If you want some player to take Ryder's spot on the Habs, you will pay that kind of return. Any player like Iginla will come at a high cost. So, why not back off Ryder, and accept is 25 - 30 goals per season.
Because Ryder is a marginal 25-30 goals scorer, a guy like Higgins was outscoring him before his injury even if he isnt a pure goalscorer and was bringing so much more to the table.. Put Ryder on the second line with second unit PP time and we will have a 15 goals scorer still hurting the team in other areas of the game.. Playing with Koivu and getting first PP time is the only one reason why his stats are so inflated...

I would package Ryder in a deal if the return is interesting.. Face it, most of the time Ryder is a floater, a guy who has trouble to handle the puck and make his line a dangerous one offensively.. Not only he is inconsistent, has trouble to find chimestry with his linemates but his defensive awareness are below average... This team has to get more consistent, establish better puck movement and better puck control.. A guy like Ryder isnt part of a good team to me, we have to give other kids more responsabilities and a fair chance to develop their offensive game.. If we can sign a guy like Briere in the off season, I would trade Ryder + one of our first pick to move up in the draft to get a high quality kid.. Then move Grabovski on the wings..

Kostitsyn Briere Grabovski

Higgins Koivu Kovalev

Perezhogin Plekanec Latendresse

Begin Lapierre Ferland

extra: Milroy

You still have kids like DaGostini, S.Kostitsyn, Chipchura in the minors if needed.. Not only Ryder has inflated stats but should command a salary he doesnt deserve.. I dont want this guy under contract for 3 more years, 3 millions per year.. We just have better kids in the system..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Before that, Montreal needs to find some quality defenseman, and i am not even talking signing Souray. Markov should be top priority along with another good two way defenseman, or Montreal needs to somehow land a Luongo who can carry a poor defense.

A number one centre puts Montreal in the same boat, forwards who can't get an outlet from the defense.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Now, I can see THREE threads about elite players that should be coming to Montreal, as if they are made available to Bob. Listen, don't turn this board into LeafFan board.
Had to go back and read those three threads to make sure you were wrong about that, and that you're over-reacting...

All three of the threads you are referring to actually allude to recent articles and discussions by people in the media (as in the people who get paid to dig up gossip) purely speculating about big name players on playoff "disappointments" who may be shopped or not welcomed back next year. Nowhere did anyone seem to say "According to Xity Xman, Iginla, Richards, or whomever are being targetted by Gainey and staff." Everyone seems to have read up on their daily hockey news, and are merely speculating as to what it would take to land them, how would they fit it, etc... you know, like the Free Agent forum, only focused on the Habs, by Habs fans, so guess where you found it? Most people even said they don't expect any of them to come to fruition, so dude, no callin' anyone Leafs fans (or Leafs fan-like) in here. You might as well drop the N-bomb, or make fun of someone's momma.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2007, 10:43 AM
pepperMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea View Post
Because Ryder is a marginal 25-30 goals scorer, a guy like Higgins was outscoring him before his injury even if he isnt a pure goalscorer and was bringing so much more to the table.. Put Ryder on the second line with second unit PP time and we will have a 15 goals scorer still hurting the team in other areas of the game.. Playing with Koivu and getting first PP time is the only one reason why his stats are so inflated...

I would package Ryder in a deal if the return is interesting.. Face it, most of the time Ryder is a floater, a guy who has trouble to handle the puck and make his line a dangerous one offensively.. Not only he is inconsistent, has trouble to find chimestry with his linemates but his defensive awareness are below average... This team has to get more consistent, establish better puck movement and better puck control.. A guy like Ryder isnt part of a good team to me, we have to give other kids more responsabilities and a fair chance to develop their offensive game.. If we can sign a guy like Briere in the off season, I would trade Ryder + one of our first pick to move up in the draft to get a high quality kid.. Then move Grabovski on the wings..

Kostitsyn Briere Grabovski

Higgins Koivu Kovalev

Perezhogin Plekanec Latendresse

Begin Lapierre Ferland

extra: Milroy

You still have kids like DaGostini, S.Kostitsyn, Chipchura in the minors if needed.. Not only Ryder has inflated stats but should command a salary he doesnt deserve.. I dont want this guy under contract for 3 more years, 3 millions per year.. We just have better kids in the system..
Umm...I think you have your hopes for Grabovski unrealistically high...but that's just imo.

pepperMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote